Gearbest Chat & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
I must have missed something, but I had no idea this company was based in China or that my package would ship from the Netherlands. Until my shipment confirmation showed up in my inbox. I'm pretty bummed, because I never would have ordered from them had I known it would take so long for my items to be delivered. Does anyone know if items with free shipping are provided with tracking, or am I just out of luck? The "tracking number" seems to be invalid. Which sucks, considering I may no longer be living at this location by the time the package arrives! For those in the US who have ordered from them and had free shipping, how long did it take you to receive your items?

Not shipped directly from The Netherlands, Sweden, etc.

Ships out of China -> Forwarded to The Netherlands or wherever -> Package vacations in Europe for a bit -> Package eventually sent off to you

Netherlands Post is just the carrier.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Gearbeast sucks balls. Just try to get a refund for a faulty device their money back guaranty is worthless, I know from experience. When my Hcigar VT200 died after 3 days of use I found out what type buisness they are running. Avoid purchasing from this company if at all possible.

Update: Gearbest contacted me today by email. They have offered to refund me $15.00 or credit my account $20.00 if I will just keep the non functioning Hcigar VT200 that I paid $186.00 for from them. My response is HEY, GEARBEST YOUR SITE STATES YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE , I WANT MY MONEY BACK ALL OF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Update: Gearbest contacted me today by email. They have offered to refund me $15.00 or credit my account $20.00 if I will just keep the non functioning Hcigar VT200 that I paid $186.00 for from them. My response is HEY, GEARBEST YOUR SITE STATES YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE , I WANT MY MONEY BACK ALL OF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Consider posting here: Reviews of Suppliers - Negative

You may get a better outcome.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
One and only order from gearbest their communication is zero beyond copy and paste comments whether it relates to your queries or not and slow slow service makes fasttech look like their on steroids. Will be a very longtime before I consider gearbest again and personally I find fasttech a lot more reliable.

I ordered--once--from GearBest and it went fine, but I had chosen an item that was in the US warehouse. I got it fast and everything went fine.

With all the negative things I've heard since then, I think I'd be hesitant to order from them a second time...particularly since I already use and like FastTech for anything I don't need quickly.

I've never had a problem with gearbest, i have been emailing and messaging them and they're awesome customer service! check out a couple of there sales, they have great prices for high quality products!!

Noto Cube Box 30W E Cigarette Starter Kit

>><<Noto Cube Box 30W E Cigarette Starter Kit $29.89

Aspire Cleito Sub-Ohm Tank-Silver/black (It's a really revolutionary and innovative product which without the chimney.)

>><< Original Aspire Cleito Sub-Ohm Tank (Sliver) $29.99)

(Black) $22.44

5pcs 1.8ohm Coil Head for Aspire Nautilus Mini

>><<5pcs 1.8ohm Coil Head for Aspire Nautilus Mini
$8.57
I like this. Do you think I should buy it?
gearbest.com

I like this. Do you think I should buy it?
gearbest.com

Last edited:

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
I had a stuck switch on a device I got from them and they were being difficult at first, asking for proof. But as I sent a photo and persisted they came around and sent me a replacement on this $35 mod for free. I think that given the language barrier people with a problem need to make repeated efforts at clear/simple communication with them. They seemingly do care about customer satisfaction. They lurk on vaper forums.

They seem to ship from locations all over, Holland was one, the UK was another. Figure 2 weeks, sometimes faster. Overall I'd say they have good prices and are on the level. It's hilarious how they sometimes price colors that aren't selling well a lot cheaper.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Next time, don't choose the "Rickshaw Delivery" option. :D
Reasons I will buy from US vendors..
Reasons I will buy from US vendors..
Yeah, got it now. :)
1. US vendors do not have mod I got from Gearbest.
2. I do not mind waiting for one month, it extends delightful awaiting for a vape mail. Gearbest kindly let my delightful expectaions lasts for four months - for free, I must mention.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Ordered from them once, took 5 weeks for an in stock item to "process". It wasn't until I started a Paypal dispute to get my money back that they even bothered to answer my tickets. After I started the dispute then they answered a ticket with a copy/paste reply, they didn't even bother to reply to Paypal I won the dispute by default. Had I not taken measures I'm sure I'd be still waiting.

Item never showed up, pretty sure it never shipped I'll never shop or recommend them to anyone. I try not to trash talk vendors or other people in general but when it comes to commercial entities that are fraudulent if someone asks I'll share my experience so it doesn't happen to the next guy.

jQuack

Account closed on request
Sep 16, 2015
Indiana
I had no idea who I was ordering from when I placed my order for a 2nd Subox Mini Kit. It was a great price and indicated a US warehouse. Only took 2 days to get a tracking number and looks like it left NJ shipping partner 2 days ago with USPS tracking. Looks good so far. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Ordered Christmas day arrived today 6 days later. It checks out as authentic. I have zero complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread