Status
Not open for further replies.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
@HDMontana I have not experienced any leaking issues whatsoever with the Ammit, however I have had to rewick it almost on a daily basis because I keep getting dry hits after a short time of vaping. I don't know what I am doing wrong and I have followed so many videos and wicking techniques to no avail. I just recently changed my coil from contact to spaced and rewicked it and it's been working fine for a while now and I hope it lasts!
Thanks. Ordered one today. I use a 50/50 juice ratio so hoping it will wick fine.

HD

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
Other than the Cthulhu V2's single coil deck, this is the most finicky piece of garbage I've ever built on.

I have two. Both leak on their sides and still dry hit. So bizarre.

I agree and I really don't understand the constant dry hits. I've had this tank for around 5 days and I've already wasted so much cotton on it.

I have several other single as well as dual coil tanks where a wick survives more than 5 days if you're not changing flavors so I truly don't understand this.

However, I found a video on YouTube which addresses the dry hit problems and I followed it to a tee and I have been using the same wick for two days now which is pretty much a record, although I must admit the flavor is just gradually dropping.

If anyone is interested I can find the video and post a link.

EDIT: Here's the video anyways -

I am just thinking whether or not I should sell this tank because it's pretty much a hassle for me at this point. I'm actually hesitant about replacing the wick because it can fail at any point and I absolutely despise dry hits.. they just make me cringe.

I bought the Merlin Mini RTA only a week before this one and I must say it has been a blessing. The flavor is on point, airflow control is good, juice flow control actually works, and most importantly the wick just seemingly lasts forever.

babaOruhm

Apr 9, 2016
If you have mesh you can try this build:

458968Dessus.jpg

964354ProfilMont.jpg

With this buid i have no dry hit. Hope it can be helpful :)

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I have the Merlin and the Ammit. I think the Ammit is a way better tank. Ammit has a trick to wicking. When you have it right big bubbles with flow up to top. If you have small multiple bubbles means either not enough cotton through the middle of coil , ends are to big or to much on ends, not fluffed up and just lightly resting on deck. When you look in juice port you should have absolutely no cotton hanging down through. My Ammit has been used daily for 2 or 3 weeks and never a leak. I love this thing. Best tank I ever owned and I presently have over 80 tanks. Picture above shows no cotton hanging through the juice port. CHEERS!

Gary Fluaitt Jr

Jan 14, 2017
Saw that Geekvape is coming out with a new single coil tank. Looks interesting, especially the "3-D" airflow. Also looks simple to build.

Nice to have another single coil option out there.

Pics from Geekvape website:

View attachment 613071 View attachment 613073 View attachment 613075
I've had the opportunity to try test one at my local vape parlour. Easy to build on, good flavor. Decently priced as well. Definitely a Good option for people. Been thinking about grabbing one for myself, can never have have to much gear. Lol

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
@wheelie I kept getting dry hits when I had no cotton hanging down through, and when I have just about the right amount of wick fluffed out, a little part always sticks out through just because they're going straight down.

@babaOruhm I am sorry but what is mesh? I don't think I've heard of that material before.

Reactions: Beeker25

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I am using a 4mm SS316L fused clapton, .50ohm with Ammit, never experience dry hit.

In my case, both Ammit and Merlin always has bubble sticks around one of their juice hole (particularly when I chain vape). A slight tilt of the Ammit will lead the bubble to float away but not the case of Merlin. The bubble problem has ghost me since day 1 I use Merlin, be it the version with round juice hole or the other version with square juice hole.

For me, Ammit beats Merlin.

babaOruhm

Apr 9, 2016
@wheelie I kept getting dry hits when I had no cotton hanging down through, and when I have just about the right amount of wick fluffed out, a little part always sticks out through just because they're going straight down.

@babaOruhm I am sorry but what is mesh? I don't think I've heard of that material before.

for the mesh:
SKU 2114301 on Fasttech

I think you can do a perfect build without mesh. But with it, it is easier for me.

Reactions: TarekElsakka

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I've had the Ammit for a few weeks and am running 80/20 VG/pg and haven't had any leaking or dry hits. I've been running a 3mm .4 ohm Clapton coil at around 25 watts. Are the folks that are getting dry hits running at a lot higher settings?
.45 clapton coil in mine at 42 watts. I have run Kanthal K1 Alien .48 and .64, SS Clapton twisted at .45 and .65, SS Clapton at .55 and .72 and Kanthal K1 at .8 and 1.1 all at 42 watts. Couple dry hits and fixed cotton and not more dry hits. Testing Juice was flavorless at 30pg/70vg. Two tankfuls on all coils. Every tank I ever owned which is most of them always had a learning curve to them. CHEERS!

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com

get a paper clip and go through the bottom juice port and poke it back up top. works even better when cotton is wet or damp. CHEERS!

Reactions: TarekElsakka

Beeker25

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2016
@Marko Keskitalo Under normal circumstances, I'd never attempt something like that in fear of ruining the tank altogether, but at this point in time I am willing to take the risk. I'll be keeping an eye on replies to this post!

Have you all tried cotton bacon yet? It's naturally fluffy so you just need to get the right length so it's touching the bottom and that's it. It is not the most efficient thing in the world so you need to experiment with length and width but fluffiness is very important imo. I'll never be able to chain vape the thing but I can put a Clapton in there with temp control and it works well. Just received my second one today. Cleaned and drying out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread