Getting an interesting flavor from ACB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
So this is my first time trying ACB with my new TC device while also dipping into some well steeped ACB for the first time. I had always vaped it right away and never had the patience to wait. I bought a bunch at the anniversary sale and this particular bottle I cracked open tonight was born on 3/17.

It's hard to put a finger on it but it seems less sweet and more tobacco. Is this a result of the time or maybe just that I had always vaped it at higher and or unknown temps.

Does the caramel fade to the back and the tobacco come forward with time? Or do I just need to play with the device and build?

Not sure where I stand on the flavor yet. It's still good. But I may miss that lovely heavy caramel!

For full disclosure it's an evic vtc mini & subtank mini with nickel 28 gauge 10 wraps at .2 ohms 370 deg and 20 watts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
From what I know, the caramel comes forward with higher power, and the tobacco is prominent at lower power.
I've never used TC, but I hit ACB at .37ohms and get nothing but creamy caramel goodness m!

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Try playing with the temp and see how that works. Also, throughly shake the bottle well before vaping the juice just to make sure no settling has occurred.

Plus all juices for me taste very different using Ni200 wire rather than kanthal. Hope this helps! :)

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
Yeah I was thinking about it on the way to work this morning that maybe I need to uncap it and give it some good shaking so it can breath some. When I got it I went through that process but it has now been capped since then which was anniversary sale delivery.

Maybe it just needs to breath some.

ACB is my favorite. So I was super excited to get to this bottle. Like I said it's not bad. Just a little bit of a let down considering my anticipation. Hopefully I can get it figured out because I have 120 mil.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
The first two bottles I got of ACB definitely needed some airing out. the first time I cracked one open the tobacco was almost intolerable. After letting it breathe for a few hours every week or so (for about a month), the tobacco faded to a nice background flavor and the caramel is definitely more prominent. It may have to do with the glass bottles. They really don't age/steep very much in glass. I'm using mine now on a Kayfun V4 with temp control - .5 ohm titanium coil at 480 degrees and 35 watts.

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
Yeah. Just seemed so odd. It was always so caramel creamy right out of the mailbox before. So I thought with some age on them they would be something special and it just kind of shocked me. My pallet is nothing special but I am getting almost a robotusin like cough syrupy hint.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Ok can some one enlighten me to this ACB liquid..all the descriptive taste profiles has me wanting to try it. TIA.
Caramel flavored nectar of The Gods? Yeah that about covers it:D

It's caramel done properly. Not too sweet, but very creamy caramel. Light tobacco in the background, very faint, if at all. That's what I get anyway. I'm @ .37ohms on a REO with ACB.
Others have reported the tobacco taste to be very forward, those folks mostly seem to be running ACB at low wattage. I can't bring myself to do a higher ohm build to test this theory, though!!

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
And that very well may be what has happened. If that's the case it's a lesson learned. Vape it!!

I just went a little crazy on the anniversary and thought I would save the best for last so now it's got 6 months on it.

It doesn't really change much in the glass bottles if they are still sealed. They stay pretty much the same as the day they were bottled until opened. So a bottle from March is the same as a bottle from August. The only real changes are in the settling and possible un-blending of the juice through being kept still for a length of time. I have this picture of an example.

Left bottle is GCD in the old LDPE bottles before glass from about 9/14. Right is GCD from the glass bottles from 12/14 decanted into the old plastic that I reuse for decanting on 6/15. Big difference!!

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
That's the thing I didn't just crack the seal

I cracked the seal when I got it. Shook it. Aired it out. Shook it aired it out. Then recapped and stuck in a drawer from June until now.

Yeah, you got some steep going on. Now you know to get the order, stuff it in a drawer and do the airing out once you're close to vaping it. :thumb:

Reactions: DaBucs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread