Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
A good place to start is 5% then up until you find the spot you like.
Watermelon is Very strong at 10%
Koolada should be no more than 2 drops per 10ml to start

Is the taste Burnt or Burning?

Spend some time in the DIY forum
and Get ejuicemeup calculator.

Ejuicemeup shows you at 25/75 blend, 8mg nic

May need to remove one flavor wick and/or reduce Power

Last edited:

pita1028

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
North Jersey
Need help with a burnt taste in the liquid I mixed last night. Here's what I did:
2.4ml 100mg Flavorless Nicotine in VG
1.5ml PG (RTS vapes)
20.1ml VG (RTS vapes)
6ml Watermelon (TFA)

I then added about 20 drops of Koolada for a cooler vape.

Why does this taste burnt?

That is a lot of vg for a protank. Remove a few strands of silica from a new atty and hope everything is ok. If it tastes burnt its the atty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bob_loblaw

Aug 17, 2013
STL, MO USA
Flavor intensities vary and unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with your flavors to be able to suggest the proper amounts. There's a lot more expertise in the DIY Juice forum. I'd see if a mod can move your thread.

I will move it over there as soon as the forum allows me to. I am limited to the noob threads only for now.

bob_loblaw

Aug 17, 2013
STL, MO USA
That is a lot of vg for a protank. Remove a few strands of silica from a new atty and hope everything is ok. If it tastes burnt its the atty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I think I will be doing a 40/60 blend with my next attempt. Also will ramp up the flavor starting at 5%.
Thank you for any advice!

bob_loblaw

Aug 17, 2013
STL, MO USA
Protanks need 60% or higher PG to avoid dry hits. Only way to avoid dry hits with higher VG is to remove one or two wicks, depending on how much VG you are putting in. However, by doing that you will run the risk of leaking.

I really don't want any leaks. I'll give the 40PG/60VG blend a shot and see how it goes. So the lack of PG is causing the burnt flavor?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Protanks need 60% or higher PG to avoid dry hits. Only way to avoid dry hits with higher VG is to remove one or two wicks, depending on how much VG you are putting in. However, by doing that you will run the risk of leaking.

Ignore this. Properly working a Protank will vape Boba's Bounty no problem. That stuff is 100% VG and thick as syrup.

All my DIY is 50/50, no Distilled water etc. and Protank handles it fine. Some heads do need attention.

Once you reach the DIY threads there is some good info on % for different Flavors for most manufacturers.

Watch - learn - enjoy

Last edited:

bob_loblaw

Aug 17, 2013
STL, MO USA
Ignore this. Properly working a Protank will vape Boba's Bounty no problem. That stuff is 100% VG and thick as syrup.

All my DIY is 50/50, no Distilled water etc. and Protank handles it fine. Some heads do need attention.

Once you reach the DIY threads there is some good info on % for different Flavors for most manufacturers.

Sounded a bit odd. Thank you!

Sd13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
NJ

Watch - learn - enjoy

If you watch PBusardo's videos closely you will notice he removes a flavor wicks on his bottom coil clearomizers. I tried boba's bounty in a protank mini. Flavor was muted unless i removed the wicks. With 50/50 it depends on the juice. I am not saying all juices at that ratio need a wick or two removed but some of them do. However, i do not recommend removing wicks unless you dont mind dealing with major gurgling, flooding leaking etc. In my experience, the higher the PG the larger the percentage of juices out there that do not have a muted or dry flavor in the protanks/evods.

popcornplaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
Salt Lake City, Ut
I have fallen in love with this tank after trying just about everything. I got the burnt taste all the time using many different ratio's of juices. I then watched JacktheRippers review of the tank and he says to blow into the drip tip. Real light. When you do you see a bubble come up through the juice. My guess there is some issue with the pressure and this solves it since it doesn't need to be BLOWN when its half full or less as often. Just my two cents. I also removed one of the flavor wicks eventually to make it even better. On my way to work I chain vape and blow clouds so big I can't see for a second. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread