Getting burnt taste with my Protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndysPrincess

Aug 2, 2013
TX
I have a protank 2 less than a week old and if its filled over halfway i get burnt hits about every other hit unless i do an unpowered hit between puffs. It is totally annoying and I have replaced the head with a purchased one, even wrapped my own. I just dont fill over halfway anymore and thats with a 50/50 cinnamon red hot. Great vape when its not burnt.

Edit: And yes i have removed and replaced and tried different size flavor wicks all to no avail.

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
I have a protank 2 less than a week old and if its filled over halfway i get burnt hits about every other hit unless i do an unpowered hit between puffs. It is totally annoying and I have replaced the head with a purchased one, even wrapped my own. I just dont fill over halfway anymore and thats with a 50/50 cinnamon red hot. Great vape when its not burnt.

Edit: And yes i have removed and replaced and tried different size flavor wicks all to no avail.

Glad I'm not the only one. I completely don't understand it though, just does't make any sense. I've used every ounce of education I have and can't understand how having more juice makes for a dry hit. The issue kinda completely defeats the purpose of a big tank.

Got my Mini 2's in today and see my PT2 usage going down the tubes.

articus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
USA, ATL
That is a lot of vg for a protank. Remove a few strands of silica from a new atty and hope everything is ok. If it tastes burnt its the atty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

There is no suck thing as to much VG with protank.
I am using 100% VG juices with first and second protank and works great.
His juice got a problem...

Running an iTaste SVD with a Protank 1, 2000mA 18650. 80/20 PG/VG.

I used to constantly get bad hits and gurgling on my Protank, especially when chain vaping. After fiddling with coils and cleaning, I discovered what affected the frequency of yucky inhales the most: my technique.

I found if I kept the power below 8W and eased up on the draw that I rarely, if ever, got bad hits and the extra fluid vaped away before the tank had a chance to gurgle. I found that because of the Protank's airy draw, I would suck harder thinking I'd get more vapor. All that did was bring too much juice into the coil and flood it. Now I just ease my way through the inhale and take longer, more relaxing drags. I only apply just enough vacuum to let my cheeks fill out, drawing the vapor into my mouth, and then let the button go just before cutting off the hit. If you hear any airflow, you're drawing too hard. All you should hear is the hiss of the coil producing your sweet, succulent vapey goodness, and the occasional pop of the odd drip making flavor explosions in the tube.

With any more than 7.5W I start to get those yucky hits more often, especially after the tank heats up. At 7.0W-7.5W I get satisfying TH and decent plumes, but most importantly, perfect flavor. I'll admit I'm a flavor / nicotine guy. TH and room filling vapor aren't as important to me. I'll still crank up the watts if I want to rip a sick cumulo-nictus for my buddies. I just won't expect the taste to be very good.

Slow and steady is the key to sweet, sweet aroma orgasms. Once I had my technique down, my vaping reached a whole new level. Now I run my Protank from full to empty; perfect hits, killer flavor, and no gurgling, every time.

Vape on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread