GG Tilemahos V2 and Penelope V4 mini official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Insane Island
Another way is to lightly blow thru the driptip from time to time.
Also 11W is too little power for 28 gauge wire so liquid does not evaporate properly-crank it up to 14-15W or use 30 gauge wire

Hmm.... thank for the advise.. will try crank up to 14w

Reactions: imeothanasis

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Something more about liquid control. Have you ever thought that liquid control extends battery life?

What liquid control can do:

1. Controls the liquid on the wick, so there is no gurgling in any situation
2. Gives you the ability to vape exactly as you like by saturating more or less the wick
3. Liquid control lets you vape normal when battery is getting low. The reason is that the less the power that battery can give, the less liquid is required to vape normal.
Atomizers without liquid control have a standard feeding that is getting too much when battery is getting low via time. But liquid control lets you feed the atomizer less in a situation like this, so battery can burn the less liquid. In a different situation the atomizer is not able to burn the liquid, so gurgling occurs and of course no smoke because battery cant burn the excess liquid on the wick. This is the reason why you can vape Tilemahos for a longer time than atomizers without liquid control.

In older days, air control became a must. Thats a reality, we DO need it. But its a reality too that we definitely need liquid control. Its the only way for an atomizer to work the right way and handle the liquid, like our home tap handles the water via it. We cant have a standard flow on a tap I suppose lol

Beco

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Istra
My experience is that with cotton, liquid control has less meaning then with glass fiber in old days.
Cotton or rayon adjust itself and acts like some kind of plug that doesn't allow too much liquid or oversaturation.
This is the reason that atomizer like Squape,Kayfun, Flash e Vapor work great even though they don't have LC.
Cotton itself works like LC

For me it is the same if I turn LC 2 turns or 7 turns-always the same amount of liquid goes into cotton.

Cotton is the thing that saved vaping in general

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I dont agree at all Beco. First of all, cotton will absorb what it can, everytime. It cant adjust itself :)

Let me ask you try something simple: Use Tilemahos with a coil at 0,5 ohm and try to vape with liquid control semi open. You will have burn taste. Nothing like this happens with LC full open.

Also, try to vape a full atomizer without LC and low battery. You may have gurgling or the most possible, you will not be able to vape because cotton is full saturated and battery cant burn the liquid.

Same is happening to TC devices. The more saturated the cotton is, the more power is required to reach a specific temp.

Also, liquid control allow us to vape all kinds of wicks like silica etc, something almost impossible on devices with no liquid control.

Last edited:
Reactions: steliosss

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
I agree that with silica LC is essential, with cotton not so much if the feedinig channels are made right
I vape at less than 11W with 28g microcoils, no tension, for maybe a year now a have nothing to complain. If I crank up the power I open liquid control and the cotton keeps up.

Reactions: imeothanasis

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
Nice build Adam! I've been covering the legs of my coils for quite some time now, Imeo had suggested it in one of his videos also, a while back.
I like the single slot screws better too,, hint hint Imeo :D

LC has a big affect with the cotton for me. If I opened it 7 full turns, it'll gurgle all day, eventually flood and come out the air holes, and that's with thick 100% VG,, lol
I set it to where I get full flavor and no more, usually 2-4 turns, depending on the juice. However, I do find that when the build is getting close to a week old, I have to open it up a little more 1/4 to 3/4 turn, and in a couple more days I'm either re-wicking or re-building.

I love the LC on the Tilemahos, it allows me to vape optimally all the time, or give me a bump of more flavor when I want ;)

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
I agree with Beco, to an extent. I haven't seen a huge difference with juice control since I use rayon (and not much of it). My juice channels are never stuffed. I also vape my Penelope V4 and Tile V1 around 18-22W, though.

Lately I've been hitting the Penelope a bit higher and have noticed that opening the juice control a little more really helps avoid dry hits. If I was to vape between 15-30W I'm sure I would really see the difference with juice control and I would appreciate it more.

In the end, though, it's a feature I would much rather have than not. Not everyone vapes the same way and having liquid control just gives the customer more options, which is always good.

Thanasi- the v2 metal tank works for thev2 plus, correct? I want to pick up a 21mm v2 plus but can't find the 21mm v2 plus-specific metal tank (and I vape a few tank cracking liquids that I love).

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
yes, they work buddy :)

Hi Imeo!

I'm sitting here next to a Tilemahos V2 plus a friend of mine recently bought - nice atom btw.
Now, he wanted a ss tank and bought the only one available for Tilemahos V2 plus, the 22mm one. Unfortunately his Tile is the 21 mm one.

Some questions:

- aren't SS tanks for V2 plus (meaning with engravings, since I suppose V2 and V2 plus tanks are compatible) other than 22mm available?
- the 22mm tank actually screws on the 21mm base -how is this possible?

And finally: with the atom comes an oring, what is this for? No oring on the base is ok?

EDIT: I suppose the threads on the base are shared between 21, 22, and 23 mm, right? With the wrong tank mounted the atom works and doesn't leak, it's just aesthetically questionable, but hey, one should pay attention when ordering...

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Congratulations to your friend Lo Zio :)
I made only 22mm metal tanks but soon I will start making the rest of diameters in mat and shined finish.

All tanks can be screwed on all bases because all of them have the same threading. I made it like this for the highest compatibility :)

If the o-ring is 14x1 then its for the base, in case you have leakage via clear tank, something impossible

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
Congratulations to your friend Lo Zio :)

He's very satisfied!
He recently asked me for advice and I suggested Tilemahos V2 or V2+, since I've read good stuff about these atomizers. He went for V2+ and is actually so happy he's planning to buy one more!

I made only 22mm metal tanks but soon I will start making the rest of diameters in mat and shined finish.

All tanks can be screwed on all bases because all of them have the same threading. I made it like this for the highest compatibility :)

If the o-ring is 14x1 then its for the base, in case you have leakage via clear tank, something impossible

Fine, thanks. Everything crystal clear; the oring is probably the one you mean, we didn't experience any leakage from the tank, though, so really no need to use it.

Now make not only my friend but also me happy and deliver Proteus! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread