Glassmanoak’s "THEVAPE TREE" Home Thread for Chit Chat, Helpful Information, and Promotions/Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
Never been a huge AR fan myself, might be from carrying one and having to do the maintenance on it, then getting a nice recoil operated weapon, and not having a single issue even with a fraction of the maintenance.
I also prefer the stopping power of a 7.62 vs a 5.56, for range I used to love my 7mm mag, but with my spinal issues the recoil from that is just too jarring for me to comfortably fire it.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
when not in use, do you remove the battery from your mechs?
i usually bring both a vamo and a nem to work each day, leaving one in the car. Should i remove the battery from the nem when not in use? i dont have any misfires with the locking ring on, just curious if its worth taking precaution.
It's not a bad idea, especially if you don't have a safety fuse. I remove the 510 connector or the whole top half before leaving the mod alone, leaving the house, going to sleep, etc. A bottom firing mod sitting on it's firing button is just a little sketchy, if the bottom contact pin managed to work it's way loose you could be one of those folks with a serious fire problem. Locking rings work great if you remember them, but nothing is 100% IMO and you seem to have doubts... it's an easy precaution to take.

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
It's not a bad idea, especially if you don't have a safety fuse. I remove the 510 connector or the whole top half before leaving the mod alone, leaving the house, going to sleep, etc. A bottom firing mod sitting on it's firing button is just a little sketchy, if the bottom contact pin managed to work it's way loose you could be one of those folks with a serious fire problem. Locking rings work great if you remember them, but nothing is 100% IMO and you seem to have doubts... it's an easy precaution to take.
good call. better safe than sorry. its over night and during work in my car that i tend to not remove the battery.
i ran into a problem with my k100 where it stayed on and heated up tremendously.
with the nem, im taking the 510 off every time i mount a differnt RBA. if the connection is not full, it can heat up..... this is always scary when it happens, cause what can you do? remove it and hope it cools down and doesnt explode or leak

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
Hey gang.

Hope everyone is well...

I am in the market for a new Mech... Something a little more... elite than what I own now (too many to list, but none over 50 dollars). Something high end. Something to brag about. But not break the bank bragging. This, of course, will be on the Federal Government (technically it was my money to begin with, but...).

Anyone have any thoughts? Feel free to PM links to shops that have something in stock. I have run into so many "out of stock" items. It's infuriating.

GMO... I know juice is your wheel house, and you do have some basic gear... but have you ever considered more advanced gear?

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
Good Morning Tree Folk, hope all are doing well.

I will be receiving My first Mech & RDA shortly once it arrives I some some researching to do! Will probably be coming here and asking some questions to make sure I understand.

This is the right place :)

Boardo! What idears do ya have for the mech, what are ya considering!?
I think for my next mech i'd want a 21mm or a 23mm, maybe something with a hybrid option?

spill yo list!

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
To Boardo's question regarding a new mechanical, you have so many options it would be easier to narrow down the list first. Do you want 21mm OD for your mechanical? Not much looks right on that, but if you intend to primarily use a IGo dripper (~20mm OD), it would be a tad better than a 22mm OD mech. For 21mm, most folks would recommend the Origin, although a few don't like the locking/battery adjustment bottom button. For a 23mm OD mech, atty's should also be considered. There's not many atty's in 23mm size either, although the Taifun (23mm OD) has trumped my other RTA's by a smidgen. The SQuape is 23mm, but a cease and desist from the inventor has essentially stooped the sale of those clones. A 23mm mech with a 22mm atty isn't as odd looking as a 21mm mech with 22mm atty, if you go that route I would suggest a Chi-you or King mod. The Sentinel/M16 is ~24mm, personally I'm not a fan of telescoping middle sections but that's JMO. Chances are you will want a more standard size 22mm mech, and there are many, many options there.

If you're looking for a 22mm OD mechanical and want to stay under $50, the mods in favor lately seem to be the Nemesis and Caravela. Plenty of those clones are available almost every maker from ~$20 to $50. You can even get a copper Nemesis for $45-$50 if that's your speed, and a copper Caravela is on it's way. The Nemesis has 4 tubes, all 4 are required to use an 18650 with a Kick. The Caravela has 3 tubes but only uses one at a time, one for each battery size/height, I'm not sure if it can fit an 18650 with a Kick but I doubt it since it only uses one battery tube at a time. I prefer the Nemesis, once the top pin is adjusted for the atty, the firing button is adjusted from the outside to allow for differences in battery height (button top/flat top or otherwise). Having used a JM mod for a while, I set it aside since the battery height adjustment top pin is a bit tricky to adjust. If you want something "interesting" that looks both right and wrong with any atty, take a look at the Hammer... just make sure you get one with the extra battery tubes. You don't want to get stuck with a mod that only takes 18350 batteries, unless you are prepared to stay above one ohm, never use a Kick, and replace your battery frequently.

Replacement magnets for the switch are available for all the mods mentioned above. As to the manufacturers, it is surprising that not one consistently shines through as the best. Voltage drop is very similar between all these mods, of course the metal used for the body does make a minor difference (copper > brass > SS). Reading posts from owners of the same mod from 3-4 factories, every manufacturer has a few bad apples. I paid $23 for my brass Nemesis (Tobeco?) and it works perfectly, while I've read a few posts about HCigar SS version having irregularities in tube width and height. Buttons on all the mechs listed above can be crunchy at first, some made at the end of a batch may have a wobbly button, some may have threads that aren't up to par, all this is regardless of manufacturer/brand. It all depends on how dull the cutting die is when they make the mod, QC can be poor even on the original/authentic versions. :2c:, YMMV, etc.

Last edited:

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
I am still thinking of getting an AR variant, but more like what I had in Tampa and not while in the big Army. The gas system is just so finicky, 1 our of 5 times it will have at least one failure in a 210 round cycle, mind you that goes very quick in a altercation down range. Get rid of that darn gas tube and do either a recoil or blow back based cyclic system, and you have a pretty good firearm on your hands (so hard to get the word weapon not to come out of my mouth or in print after the Army).
I have been thinking of a tactical shotgun, just because who does not like having 13 rounds of 12ga ammo available to them?
the 5.56 can be a formidable round, but you have to tailor it to your conditions, do you need penetration or knock down power, the 7.62 can have a little more of a mix. Mind you my CCW is typically a single stack .45, I do not intend on missing if I have to pull and would rather have one shot knock down power than capacity in that situation.
Mind you I could go on and on, 6 combat rotations equaling a little over 6 years in combat, another few years of training, quite a bit of it highly advanced and I have my preferences due to those experiences. But what I am able to do when faced by a armed threat will most likely be much different than most here.

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
Is there an alternative to Paypal out there? I mean a company that has the same type of payment/system that people can hook their Credit Cards to. Paypal is not ecig friendly and the Credit Cards are arrogant with more hidden charges than a Nazi War Criminal.

I'm looking for an alternative.

Thanks

Not that i know of that is easily accessible. Then again I have not done much research into the subject, Bitcoin is somewhat hard to get into, and unstable as well, there is Google wallet, not sure of the fees there or the stance on E-cigs, from some quick research it is sounding like about 1.4% + 0.20 per transaction for E-cig's around around the norm, and that is just for the processor. I have quite the charge from selling model stuff myself, and it does suck since everyone seems to have a hand in the situation.

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
Is there an alternative to Paypal out there? I mean a company that has the same type of payment/system that people can hook their Credit Cards to. Paypal is not ecig friendly and the Credit Cards are arrogant with more hidden charges than a Nazi War Criminal.

Thanks

Although I have never used it, I know of at least one vendor who accepts payments from a company called Dwolla. I won't mention the name of the vendor (unless you would like me to do so), but it's one of the larger companies for vape stuff. That may be a possibility for you. As you know, I've had my own problems with my credit cards from Puerto Rico banks!

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX

Thanks
There's Popmoney, but it costs the sender $0.95 per transaction. It can also take up to 3 days before the money goes through depending on the sender's bank/credit or debit card. Also, I'm not 100% sure about their policies on E-cig related purchases, but folks that have had their PayPoop account closed for whatever reason use Popmoney in the ECF classies and co-ops. It links to your bank account/credit card in approximately the same way as PayPoop, folks that refuse to use PayPoop might not want to use Popmoney either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread