GLV3 Mini in Combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kpoc

Jun 2, 2011
KY
Well I have had my mini about a month now and thought I would review it. I received it in the states while on R&R and loved it as a bottom feed. Used it for about 4 days and headed back to Afghanistan, no issues with the TSA or anyone so that was good. After my 4 day trip from Nashville - Atlanta - Kuwait - Kandahar - FOB Wolverine, I had completely drain all 6 of my batteries lol and close to 30 ml of my fav blueberry cheesecake. Being my first true mod I was hoping for nirvana and expecting ok. Well jay is as close as anybody is going to get. The warmth and TH were so much better than my EGO, the taste came through so much more than ever before. I am a fan of atties but being a pilot as well carts work better in my aircraft. So after getting to my timeshare in this lovely country I pulled the atty off and stuck on the carts. I was surprised at how well it did even still in the bottom feed mode as Jay suggested top feed for carts. Well the next flight I found a reason why top is better all around in my case lol, you see there is a thing with pressure of changing altitudes often that the bottom feed doesn't like going between a takeoff at 6500 Msl and climbing to the height of 10000 Msl then down to as low as 3000 Msl before returning to land at 6500 Msl let's just say that bottom feed is auto feed. juice all over my ankle pocket where I carry my beloved GLV juice in the battery compartment juice just everywhere. So I reworked the the setup as a top feed and put in the little orange ball and set screw. Next flight no problems with leaking, but the pressure made the bottle to hard to squeeze, it took alot of force to get anything into the cart, the solution to that problem came from here where someone mentioned they opened the tip of the bottle a bit. Now I am happily vaping every flight and having my copilots trying to guess the flavor of the day. On a last note not once have I been concerned with this device holding up in a combat zone it is rugged and well built always ready to be abused by a soilder such as my self throwing it on the dash cause it's time to get to work helping the ground guys to just being in an ankle pocket with everything else in the world I carry, it has never missed a beat and not fired unless I was to stupid to notice the battery is dead. Keep up the good work Jay and Sara and thank you again for getting it put to me before I had to return to this Wonderful timeshare.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315480314.637618.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315480314.637618.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 359
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315480346.690546.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315480346.690546.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 279

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
Wow man seeing that mini so far from home like, that makes me feel proud. I had to fight back a tear making this post. Thanks for the review. If you promise to make it home, Ill give you a new GLV of your choice when you get back. Iv never given a GLV away because of a review, but this one really touched me for some reason. BE SAFE, and call me when you get home.

Kpoc

Jun 2, 2011
KY
Thank you Jay. You and Sara were awesome to deal with. As to free I purpose a trade, I fly flags here all the time and make certificates to go with them. I should be flying the 11th and will grab a spare flag I have and fly it in appreciation of GLV when I get home in Feb I will then mail it to you in exchange for a GLV. Thank you again for all your support in VAPING and to the Armed Forces.

Kpoc

Jun 2, 2011
KY
First of all Thank you all for your support. Second an update on what and where I am now. I am currently back at home in Kentucky, I had gallbladder issues arise down range and was medavaced back to germany were I ended up having surgery. After that I was sent home to recover. Unfortanately in my opinion it does not appear I will rejoin my unit before they come home so I am working with the rear detachment now till my unit gets home around Feb time frame. The wife and kids are happy to see me as am I, but I also hate not being with my unit. As to my beloved GLV it work without issue until I left it along with alot of my gear in afghanistan since I was MEDEVACD out. So currently I am stuck usning my old ego till i get my stuff back around mid april probably, or contact Jay and take him up on his offer, I just feel bad not having his flag here as I will have to wait on it as well.

On a different note I mentioned it worked flawlessly. It never miss fired and I never had any kind of issue with it. The one blemish is the paint has chipped in a couple of places, on this I dought most people are ever going to abuse and use this device in as harsh an enviroment or throw it around like I do. Also paint is a cheap fix when I get it back. Might even pick a new color.

Thank you again all for all your support.

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
Hey Kpoc; I'm a Navy veteran, and I understand how it is-glad to be home, but bummed that you couldn't finish your tour. Anyway, since reading your posts, I was wondering what it's like vaping while flying; I never really liked smoking while flying-it never seemed to taste right. I'll probably never get the chance to compare, not likely that I'll get to fly on military aircraft again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread