1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

GLV3 Mini in Combat.

Discussion in 'GreatLakesVapor' started by Kpoc, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kpoc

Kpoc Full Member

Well I have had my mini about a month now and thought I would review it. I received it in the states while on R&R and loved it as a bottom feed. Used it for about 4 days and headed back to Afghanistan, no issues with the TSA or anyone so that was good. After my 4 day trip from Nashville - Atlanta - Kuwait - Kandahar - FOB Wolverine, I had completely drain all 6 of my batteries lol and close to 30 ml of my fav blueberry cheesecake. Being my first true mod I was hoping for nirvana and expecting ok. Well jay is as close as anybody is going to get. The warmth and TH were so much better than my EGO, the taste came through so much more than ever before. I am a fan of atties but being a pilot as well carts work better in my aircraft. So after getting to my timeshare in this lovely country I pulled the atty off and stuck on the carts. I was surprised at how well it did even still in the bottom feed mode as Jay suggested top feed for carts. Well the next flight I found a reason why top is better all around in my case lol, you see there is a thing with pressure of changing altitudes often that the bottom feed doesn't like going between a takeoff at 6500 Msl and climbing to the height of 10000 Msl then down to as low as 3000 Msl before returning to land at 6500 Msl let's just say that bottom feed is auto feed. Juice all over my ankle pocket where I carry my beloved GLV juice in the battery compartment juice just everywhere. So I reworked the the setup as a top feed and put in the little orange ball and set screw. Next flight no problems with leaking, but the pressure made the bottle to hard to squeeze, it took alot of force to get anything into the cart, the solution to that problem came from here where someone mentioned they opened the tip of the bottle a bit. Now I am happily VAPING every flight and having my copilots trying to guess the flavor of the day. On a last note not once have I been concerned with this device holding up in a combat zone it is rugged and well built always ready to be abused by a soilder such as my self throwing it on the dash cause it's time to get to work helping the ground guys to just being in an ankle pocket with everything else in the world I carry, it has never missed a beat and not fired unless I was to stupid to notice the battery is dead. Keep up the good work Jay and Sara and thank you again for getting it put to me before I had to return to this Wonderful timeshare.

Attached Files:

2. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Thank you for the review!Sounds awesome!!Be safe!!

3. bacc.vap

bacc.vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Awesome, cool pics. That GLV3 looks like original equipment.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. monarch79

monarch79 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's a GI GLV3 3.7V in SS with a black TF AD system? Sweet. :thumbs:

5. jaybird

jaybird Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Wow man seeing that mini so far from home like, that makes me feel proud. I had to fight back a tear making this post. Thanks for the review. If you promise to make it home, Ill give you a new GLV of your choice when you get back. Iv never given a GLV away because of a review, but this one really touched me for some reason. BE SAFE, and call me when you get home.

6. Kpoc

Kpoc Full Member

Thank you Jay. You and Sara were awesome to deal with. As to free I purpose a trade, I fly flags here all the time and make certificates to go with them. I should be flying the 11th and will grab a spare flag I have and fly it in appreciation of GLV when I get home in Feb I will then mail it to you in exchange for a GLV. Thank you again for all your support in VAPING and to the Armed Forces.

7. AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod My friends call me A.G. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Awesome stuff man!

Be safe! :)

8. Scottitude

Scottitude Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Great review and great exchange between Jay & Kpoc.

Oh yeah, and best GLV pictures E V E R !

9. BWG707

BWG707 Super Member ECF Veteran

Really cool pics. Be safe. By the way what type of aircraft are you piloting?

10. Kpoc

Kpoc Full Member

It's an AH64-D (Apache)

11. btngchck

btngchck Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I felt so proud for Jay while reading this I had to read it to my boys....and then I was so touched by Jay's response. WOW!!

What a testimony to humanity! Thank you Kpoc for all that you do for us and thank you Jay for showing your appreciation in such a wonderful way.

12. luv2vape

luv2vape Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

im i the only one fighting back tears? thanks kpoc,and by the way kick there a**

13. JollyRogers

JollyRogers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Kpoc - Great review! Thanks for your service big time! My son and daughter-in-law spent a year in FOB Wolverine! Be safe and enjoy your GLV3.

14. stretchpants

stretchpants ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

First. Thank You for your service. I hope you have the happiest Thanksgiving that you can have and know we will all be giving Thanks for our special men and women who sacrifice so much so that we can sit down on Thanksgiving with our families.God Bless you.

15. stretchpants

stretchpants ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

No.It's so hard not to.We Love You Guys.Just come home safe.We need your leadership.

16. CPT.SPALDING

CPT.SPALDING Senior Member ECF Veteran

Get home safe.....godspeed and happy vaping!!!!!!!

17. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Kpoc, thank you for your service to keep me free & safe. You will be in my nightly prayers until you arrive home safely. If you will pm me with your military address, I will send you some more batteries and cartos and plenty of your favorite juice.

Jay is such a good guy, and very generous also!!

18. Kpoc

Kpoc Full Member

First of all Thank you all for your support. Second an update on what and where I am now. I am currently back at home in Kentucky, I had gallbladder issues arise down range and was medavaced back to germany were I ended up having surgery. After that I was sent home to recover. Unfortanately in my opinion it does not appear I will rejoin my unit before they come home so I am working with the rear detachment now till my unit gets home around Feb time frame. The wife and kids are happy to see me as am I, but I also hate not being with my unit. As to my beloved GLV it work without issue until I left it along with alot of my gear in afghanistan since I was MEDEVACD out. So currently I am stuck usning my old ego till i get my stuff back around mid april probably, or contact Jay and take him up on his offer, I just feel bad not having his flag here as I will have to wait on it as well.

On a different note I mentioned it worked flawlessly. It never miss fired and I never had any kind of issue with it. The one blemish is the paint has chipped in a couple of places, on this I dought most people are ever going to abuse and use this device in as harsh an enviroment or throw it around like I do. Also paint is a cheap fix when I get it back. Might even pick a new color.

Thank you again all for all your support.

19. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Kpoc, It is a relief that your gallbladder got you back to the states; gallbladder surgery is painful. You have been in my prayers. When Jay fixes you up with your GLV, I will fix you up with the rest of it. I look forward to the day that all of our soldiers are stateside.

20. zzooti

zzooti Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hey Kpoc; I'm a Navy veteran, and I understand how it is-glad to be home, but bummed that you couldn't finish your tour. Anyway, since reading your posts, I was wondering what it's like vaping while flying; I never really liked smoking while flying-it never seemed to taste right. I'll probably never get the chance to compare, not likely that I'll get to fly on military aircraft again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.