Good atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hi all im looking to move over to direct lung vaping... wondering if the cubis pro has any better coils for direct lung instead of the lvc clapton 1.5 ohm... also does anyone know should i mix a higher percentage of vg for direct lung more than 40℅? any better suggestions for a different atomizer with less leaks and good taste just that i have the cubis now but .. thanks.

Reactions: djsvapour

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Here are the coils available for the Cubis Pro.
387ea88c7f75b960889a0f05fdfed0ec.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You can try using the 0.5ohm coil for the Cubis. Personally, I found it didn't work and just gurgled and gurgled away - the pure 'milkshake vape' took hold.
Over the months, I tried the complete collection of available coils. In the end, the 0.6 ohm proved to be the least unreliable and makes nice vape at 12-18 watts and actually that tank and coil is my daily work tank. I have 8 boxes of 0.6ohm coils for the UK vapocalypse.
(8 x 5 = 40, so almost one year's supply).
If I want to subohm and not use an RDA or RDTA, then I use Eleaf tanks (or the Aspire Evo tank 4ml) with the Eleaf EC heads.
At the moment, I am considering long-term use of a Joyetech Penguin when my Eleaf coils run out.
(4 x 5 = 20, so only a few months supply on two tanks).

Reactions: Izan

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Ethan diy & welcome
RDA - rebuildable dripper atomizer
RDTA - rebuildable dripper tank atomizer
Rebuildable means you make your own coil and install it together with wicking.

That is just djsvapour's preference on which tank he uses. RDA's or "drippers" have no reservoir for the juice so every few vapes you need to drip more ejuice on them. Seems like a pain to me but some folks swear they get the best flavor from them. I like RDTA's because they work pretty much the same except they do have a tank so you don't have to drip. Sub ohm vaping is simply using any coil that is less than 1.0 ohms. There is nothing special about sub-ohm vaping. As the resistance on your coil is lowered the power you have to send to it must be increased to achieve the same temperature. Usually the coils are larger therefore there is more metal to heat and once heated it will vaporize more juice. Cloud chasers are always into sub-ohm as are most DTL devices. MTL devices are more often higher ohms, less power, with smaller clouds.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks can you please explain " if you want to subohm or not use rda or rdta im not familiar with these terms can you please bring me up to date?
I think what I was trying to say is.

Day to day, I use everyday tanks with factory coils. (Plug and play)
If I want to vape with more power for pleasure or fun, I tend to favor a dripping atomizer, but that isn't always practical, so if I want to Subohm (vape under 1.0ohm coil at at least 20w) I use Eleaf coils and tanks that take the Eleaf coils.
Cubis isn't really a great Subohm tank. It has Subohm coils (the 0.6ohm is certainly under 1.0ohm) but I vape on it MTL 100% of the time.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Or basically something that vapes up as little ejuice to the mouth i believe its called spitback am i correct?
If you get spitback you're probably trying to inhale too fast when you're going at a good pace you shouldn't have any spitback or gurgling/popping. If you hear a kind of whistling noise that's normal and means you're probably doing it right :p

Reactions: Letitia

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Here are the coils available for the Cubis Pro.
387ea88c7f75b960889a0f05fdfed0ec.jpg

/QUOTE]
Great chart Tonee/ECF mems, been looking for something along these lines. The only real issue I have, is the "thumbs up" Durability/(longevity?) line looks to have been put in reversed at graph arts. I would think a coil would last longer at higher ohms, lower watts. Maybe the BF DL coil line is unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread