Greetings! New here, 48 years smoking day 8 vaping day 8 off cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi ya'll. Pretty cool starting another day not smelling like an ashtray. Kinda still somewhat surprised how easy it's been to stay off cigarettes. Hell now they stink when I smell someone smoking! Like others nothing I'd tried in the past had to quit had succeeded. And honestly hadn't even tried to quit again for around 30 years. Going from pack and a half+ a day to zero instantly verging on miraculous to me!

I'd been researching a couple months talking to a few different people who'd quit smoking via vaping and decided to go for it. Nothing to loose and my lungs were doing nothing but getting worse smoking! Learned enough to not start with those crap ecigs in stores etc. So 2pm Friday June 16th, 2017 put out what would be my last cigarette before walking into a local vape shot on a mission.

Ask if they had the SMOK Stick V8 I'd planned to start with. (not the baby stick) Yup. Paid twice the price as online and didn't care, wanted to start vaping NOW! We discussed my 48 year Camel filter (last number of years Blue 99s) smoking habit and decided to start on 6mg (not 12mg) Western NIC Turkish Blend. Figured could go higher if needed, they were open for another 7 hours lol. Like the Turkish Blend a lot, a nice slightly sweet pipe tobacco smell and taste. Still using it and Debi likes it too a plus. Day five mixed a 30ml 3mg with 6mg for 4.5mg which still on. When this 60ml 4.5mg gone plan to drop to 3mg. After that who knows.

I've been asked if I plan to quit vaping too. I doubt it! Almost half a century hand to mouth habit it is satisfying quite nicely and my lungs already SO much better! Hell I didn't quit smoking because I didn't like smoking but because it was killing me lol.

Oh the same day I started with the SMOK Stick V8 from the local shop ordered a 2nd online that night. Half the price of course. Arrived yesterday. Have a backup now so don't have to worry about an unexpected failure etc. Overall very happy with the SMOK Stick V8, seems a great starter kit as I was told it would be. Though first few hits after charging overnight seem a bit harsh compared to rest of the day...

So already it's getting a bit worse. Ordered a SMOK GX2/4 last night to play with/have better burn control...and if I do get into massive cloud silliness it'll likely be up to it no problem with max 350w if running in 4 battery mode lol. (no offense intended on the massive cloud silliness comment, right now my shot lungs are about staying off cigarettes)

Anyway I'll quit rambling. WAY happy I took the vaping leap of faith!

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Don't rush lowering the nic too fast. #1 goal is not smoking. If you read around here on topics, you'll see lots of articles that show nicotine is about as bad as caffeine. Congratulations!
Oh I'm don't think I'm gonna be rushing it. I went from initial 6mg to 4.5mg so soon primarily because enjoying vaping and vaping a LOT and was getting too much nicotine. Didn't want to jump from 6 straight to 3mg. But since 4.5mg more a PIA mixed level will go for 3mg after this 60ml 4.5mg and see how it goes.

And hellz yeah NOT smoking ANY cigarettes EVER again my goal for sure. :) 8 days 24 minutes since my last cigarette lol. And not craving them, way coooooool!

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Congratulations on such a successful start! Keep up the good work. I smoked for 42 years and worked my way up to nearly 4 packs a day when I seriously got into vaping. Next week it will be 4 years since I smoked a cigarette. I still find it hard to believe.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
TBH, I haven't ever noticed this, fresh cig smoke always gets me drooling no matter what, it seems like (even while pregnant, even while nursing, that was like a 2.5 year stretch...) I've never been bothered by fresh smoke and enjoy standing upwind. Stale smoke is another matter though, and I am finding the appeal of cigs, in general, to be slowly decreasing, this quit. But OVERALL, finding that cigarettes are repulsive (they are, except immediately after they're smoked) is a good sign. The nice smell of cigs being smoked doesn't make me WANT to smoke like I did, I just kind of look upon it as a guilty pleasure.... If it didn't go away after 3 years in the past, I'm not sure it will but WHO KNOWS man, I was highly edgy about vaping this time, and it's been working out beautifully.

Anna

Reactions: MacTechVpr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread