HCigar VT200

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I've measured my mod Resistance and decided on a figure of 0.0045Ω.

I used my Frankenizer (external atomizer for temp/scope probing) with a short stretch of copper shorting its posts. Measuring the resistance of this entire circuit I get a figure slightly fluctuating but no higher than 0.002Ω.

Then using eScribe, I generally saw a figure of 0.006Ω but sometimes, with a slight flex of the cables, it would fluctuate up to 0.007Ω. So I'm going to assume it's reading somewhere close to 0.0065Ω, and use an MR of 0.0045Ω.

Once this was set, Atomizer Analyzer showed the net resistance as 0.002Ω which is correct for the circuit it's attached to.

With the 200's milli-ohm resolution I could be half a milliohm out in either direction. But this is good enough. And I was impressed with the MR only being 0.0045Ω, give or take. I think the brass 510 does help - not that it is staying for future batches - and there's presumably quite thick/short wire internally.

Last edited:

smokewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Cyprus
A preliminary battery life report.
Sxk VS 60 w clone 1 x 18650 VTC5 1 and half day. (NP 59)
VS200 preheat 40w 3/4 day
VT200 preheat 40w 3/4 day
Aqua v2 double coil NiFe70 at 24 watts and 200C temp. About 15ml juice.
Maybe the lipo's need a few recharge cycles to last longer. So far I still like my 57 USD SXK.

Last edited:
Reactions: DARKFiB3R

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
A preliminary battery life report.
Sxk VS 60 w clone 1 x 18650 VTC5 1 and half day. (NP 59)
VS200 preheat 40w 3/4 day
VT200 preheat 40w 3/4 day
Aqua v2 double coil NiFe70 at 24 watts and 200C temp. About 15ml juice.
Maybe the lipo's need a few recharge cycles to last longer. So far I still like my 57 USD SXK.

I had this experience with my Opus 200. The LiPo took several charges before the run time became significantly greater.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Have been using my VT200 for about 10 (?) days now. Loving it. BUT, today it quit firing. I thought maybe the battery got low & needs a charge. As I walked over to the charger I looked at the window and there is an error message, "Warranty Service". WTF??? Anyone seen this error message or know what it means? I sent a message to the vendor I bought it from, but have not heard back yet.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Have been using my VT200 for about 10 (?) days now. Loving it. BUT, today it quit firing. I thought maybe the battery got low & needs a charge. As I walked over to the charger I looked at the window and there is an error message, "Warranty Service". ...??? Anyone seen this error message or know what it means? I sent a message to the vendor I bought it from, but have not heard back yet.

Holmes,

I had the exact same error on my Hana Modz DNA 200.

I don't know what the error means I was able to swap mine with Evolv for one of their Beta Mods.

By the way mine would flash something to do with the Battery and then start the Warranty Service thing.

When the unit flashes Warranty Service it makes it a little hard for the Vendor to argue with you about an replacement. :thumb:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Have been using my VT200 for about 10 (?) days now. Loving it. BUT, today it quit firing. I thought maybe the battery got low & needs a charge. As I walked over to the charger I looked at the window and there is an error message, "Warranty Service". ...??? Anyone seen this error message or know what it means? I sent a message to the vendor I bought it from, but have not heard back yet.

"Warranty error means that the logic voltage regulator is running out of spec. That could be due to a soft short circuit somewhere in the logic circuitry, a total battery voltage under 4v, or similar. Basically it means the output isn't going to be correct, and often the root cause will cause firing or charging issues as well."

Warranty Error - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum

If you read this thread link above, another party talks about having to replace the battery pack to fix this problem.

This is why Evolv chose an uber-high quality battery manufacturer....Fullymax.

Hard telling what's in the VT200, the VS200 or what modders put into theirs?

Last edited:

DARKFiB3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
SE London
about.me
I've measured my Mod Resistance and decided on a figure of 0.0045Ω.

I used my Frankenizer (external atomizer for temp/scope probing) with a short stretch of copper shorting its posts. Measuring the resistance of this entire circuit I get a figure slightly fluctuating but no higher than 0.002Ω.

Then using eScribe, I generally saw a figure of 0.006Ω but sometimes, with a slight flex of the cables, it would fluctuate up to 0.007Ω. So I'm going to assume it's reading somewhere close to 0.0065Ω, and use an MR of 0.0045Ω.

Once this was set, Atomizer Analyzer showed the net resistance as 0.002Ω which is correct for the circuit it's attached to.

With the 200's milli-ohm resolution I could be half a milliohm out in either direction. But this is good enough. And I was impressed with the MR only being 0.0045Ω, give or take. I think the brass 510 does help - not that it is staying for future batches - and there's presumably quite thick/short wire internally.

Got any more info on the Frankenizer? Looks like it deserves it's own forum thread. :)

smokewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Cyprus
Probably a bad lipo or some cold solder connection. If you are good with a soldering iron you can remove the lipo and check if the wires on the balancing connector are soldered properly.

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Well, I guess I can now officially join this thread as my vt200 arrived today. Regarding the posts above, their was a message from Hcigar on Facebook today actually advising users to change that Wh setting from 9 to 14.43. There's a lot of other good info here I am going to be referring back to this evening as I finish the escribe tutorial. I will continue to learn from your experiences and share mine!

cimon

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
UK
Well, I guess I can now officially join this thread as my vt200 arrived today. Regarding the posts above, their was a message from Hcigar on Facebook today actually advising users to change that Wh setting from 9 to 14.43. There's a lot of other good info here I am going to be referring back to this evening as I finish the escribe tutorial. I will continue to learn from your experiences and share mine!

Can you paste link to that comment?

EDIT:

Found it.

OgH2V97.png

''If you want to..'' LOL

EDIT2:

Guys. I think its time to start new threat with custom logos and other graphics (easy to download). Who wants to start it?

zK8WlJa.jpg

Attachments

• vt200 logo 1 small.png
    vt200 logo 1 small.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Ant G

Sep 21, 2015
UK
I have one of these on order and I'm looking forward to it. That said, I do worry about the brass 510. Yes, in theory, if I'm careful with it I shouldn't have too many problems. Part of me wants to cancel and wait for the revised version with a SS 510. Then again, I'm impatient, so I'll likely go through with the order anyway. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread