health concern about nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Papas

Nov 2, 2015
Hello
I sign up here to ask one question. I'm not smoker at all so i have no idea about liquid or anything else.
My question is
my friend who is smoking a lot seems to be addicted to nicotine, when he is out of e juice he is pouring couple of drops of liquid nicotine he has i think the label says 100mg nicotine, into his coffee. is that safe for him? how much of this liquid can cause him troubles if he put into his cup of coffee? thank you for you answers

Reactions: vaporgrl

All Your Base...

Oct 26, 2015
100mg nic is the most potent out there for sale.

It takes 1.6ml of the 100mg nic to create a 3% strength in a 60ml bottle which is much less than even a cup of coffee. And don't forget, that 60ml bottle of diy e-liquid would be vaped over a period of time, so you're not ingesting all that nic at once.

Depending on how much he adds into the coffee, he could be running a serious risk of nicotine poisoning or death. 100mg nic is no joke.

After drinking that coffee, does he feel like he just smoked 20cigs at once?

If he wants to drop some 100mg nic into a cup of coffee, I think a single drop would be more than enough for even a heavy smoker.

Better yet, he could dilute a single drop in some water, and add only a bit of that nic water to his coffee to dilute the nic even further.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Here's the thing I don't get -- you said he is smoking a lot, but then reference ejuice.... If he is using ejuice, he is not smoking anything. So which is it, is he a smoker or a vaper?

Most people don't have 100mg nicotine just sitting around, as it is indeed highly toxic. But if he is used to vaping a very high mg level, then 2 drops of 100mg nic in his coffee probably won't hurt him; the worst it might do is make him barf. If he doesn't feel nauseous, or twitchy, or have stomach pains, then he's fine. Nic OD is very obvious, long before it reaches dangerous levels -- it makes you barf!

Andria

John Papas

Nov 2, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

John Papas

Nov 2, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
I have made mouth spray out of 100mg liquid. It doesn't taste all that good but it works and doesn't make me sick, it takes the edge off. Sounds like he's figured out a small enough amount to add without overdoing it. According to Google there are 20 drops per ml. If it's 100mg/ml, 2 drops (roughly) would be 10 mg. And if it's a full cup, he doesn't down it and get it all at once does he? It's not the best way to do it, and ECF may see it as 'not adviseable'.

Why doesn't he just go to Walmart or something and get some VG to dilute it with and vape it?

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Hello
I sign up here to ask one question. I'm not smoker at all so i have no idea about liquid or anything else.
My question is
my friend who is smoking a lot seems to be addicted to nicotine, when he is out of e juice he is pouring couple of drops of liquid nicotine he has i think the label says 100mg nicotine, into his coffee. is that safe for him? how much of this liquid can cause him troubles if he put into his cup of coffee? thank you for you answers

chances are, (because you only think and do not know) ... the nic he is putting in his coffee is likely 10mg not 100mg.

if he did have some 100mg ... he would not be putting it in his coffee.

He would be making eLiquid with it :blink:

John Papas

Nov 2, 2015
I have made mouth spray out of 100mg liquid. It doesn't taste all that good but it works and doesn't make me sick, it takes the edge off. Sounds like he's figured out a small enough amount to add without overdoing it. According to Google there are 20 drops per ml. If it's 100mg/ml, 2 drops (roughly) would be 10 mg. And if it's a full cup, he doesn't down it and get it all at once does he? It's not the best way to do it, and ECF may see it as 'not adviseable'.

Why doesn't he just go to Walmart or something and get some VG to dilute it with and vape it?
So you think it will be ok if he continues do that? What if someone else drink from his coffee for example me I'm not smoker.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I don't have any picture of it. It's not mine. But I'm 100% sure that it is 100mg because I have seen that little bottle a few times. And as I said he is doing that only when he is out of juice not every day.

in your original post, you said you think it is 100mg ... now you are 100% positive :blink:

To answer your other question about if you took a sip of his coffee ... it would probably make the coffee taste like total crap.

And it might make you feel a little sick ... if you could get past the taste.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
So you think it will be ok if he continues do that? What if someone else drink from his coffee for example me I'm not smoker.

People are too hung up on how we get our nic. I have several options at my disposal, and that is one of them. I would try just about anything to stay off cigarettes. You have made him aware of your concerns, so now you need to let it go. And since you know he spikes his coffee, you should probably just get your own cup. :)

coffee.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
To be honest, I couldn't think of an unsnarky way to put that into my answer. Thanks. :)

Well, I could understand the concern if the guy was putting nicotine into the OP's beverage. But since the guy is adding nicotine to his own beverage... why would someone else bother to care? If the guy got sick and ralphed everywhere, that would be bothersome, surely, but apparently he isn't doing that, so again... why bother to mind someone else's business? Get your own damn coffee and don't worry about what's in his.

Andria

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I just read a couple of the entries and I have a couple of questions myself to the OP.

1) You say you're not a smoker. Do you vape?
2) Did you just join ECF to post this experience with your co-worker?
3) Do you make it a habit of drinking other people's beverages in a cup at work? (My advice: you can catch all kinds of nasty things, some of them you can't get rid of, by doing this. So please, don't make this serious mistake).

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello
My question is

100mg/ml nicotine is 10% nicotine, and is used by do-it-yourselfers to mix their own eliquid.
adding a few drops to a cup of coffee is going to dilute it 100-to-1 at least, so then it's less than 0.1% nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread