Hello everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelyastronaut

Sep 18, 2017
Hi! I am glad to be a member of such a helpful community. I was reading good questions and valuable answers to them last week. Now decided to be part of it (at least as a newbie with questions)

I am new to vaping, started 1.5 months ago with Vaporesso Tarot Pro 160W + Smok Cloud Beast TFV8. However due to its leaking issues of Smok, I decided to change it to Vaporesso Veco Plus Tank.

I have several questions about ohm/watt/voltage. I know there is lots of charts and calculators online but I am so confused.

I am using EUC Ceramic coils 0.5 ohm. When I attach the coil to my device, it automatically shows 40 watt, while on coil it writes "40-55 watts". (BTW I use 2x aspire 2600-18650 and 2x sony vtc6 3000-18650 batteries, both seems 3.7 V).

So the questions are:

+ During my vaping on 40W with this coil, device shows Voltage value always over 4 -mostly around 5V, then it drops till 4.5V) What makes me worry is this value of Voltage. My batteries are 3.7V. Is vaping voltage higher than it supposed to be? Am I missing something? Like battery voltage and vaping voltage is totally different?

+ What happens if I vape at 70W with this 0.5 ohm coil, just burn the coil/liquid? Is there any possibility to explode?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Safe vapings to all!

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Firstly,welcome to ecf :)
I won't answer your first question since it's a bit confusing to me and i don't have enough battery knowledge to answer it correctly imo

For that 2nd one though simple answer is no the wattage you see written on coils is what's "recommended" by smok or whatever company makes the coils,you can go higher or lower than that if you like it, but keep in mind the higher the watts the quicker the coil will burn out,so no it won't explode lolz (unless you run it at 200+ watts then idk). Imho though 70 watts for a .5 seems a bit too overkill,but hey if your "sweetspot" is within that wattage feel free to vape it there :p no harms done doing it.

Though slight suggestion for smok's coils : poke some holes in the juiceflow of those coils (one on top and another on the bottom of each juiceflow holes) otherwise too high of a wattage will burn the coils extremely quick,there's tons of people having issues with those and it's a common issue.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hello and welcome :) I know probably less about batteries than @QcVaper but I'll take a stab at it anyway:

Short awnser is no, you're fine, I think.

Long answer:
You are using a VV mod, so it should be able to produce various voltages ignoring the actual voltage of the battery. It does this by pulsing the voltage, and by taking advantage of the fact that it has two batteries to work with.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Another non-scientist here but I'm sure a real one will be along shortly to bend yer brain. Your fine the mods boost the battery voltage somehow. I don't really care how. I still have old VV mods (Variable Voltage) with settings as high as 6 volts from 3.7 volt batteries.

By the way that 3.7 is like a 'median' voltage. Your batteries hold 4.2 fully charged and mods read them as empty at around 3.2ish.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to the forum. Some mods have smart something (can't remember term) that reads your coil & guesses ideal watts to vape. You are fine to change watts to what you enjoy. Don't forget to prime new coil. There are couple of good blogs on the forum about priming, find under Members Blogs.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wouldn't worry about all those settings (temp, etc, for now) work on getting a stable vape at a stable wattage, and see how that goes. You don't have to vape 40 watts even if your tank magically gets "set" by your mod, in fact if you want to prime your coil correctly, you want to start low and slooow, gradually increasing the wattage until you find a "sweet" spot that you like. No worries if it IS 40 watts, or even slightly higher, just don't go above recommended wattage on your coil.

As far as what you've written, seems like your mod is working correctly. Usually, if you aren't overstressing the mod by running crazy high wattage, near the mod's upper capabilities, you should be fine. It sounds to me the way you are vaping is perfectly safe.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi! I am glad to be a member of such a helpful community. I was reading good questions and valuable answers to them last week. Now decided to be part of it (at least as a newbie with questions)
I am new to vaping, started 1.5 months ago with Vaporesso Tarot Pro 160W + Smok Cloud Beast TFV8. However due to its leaking issues of Smok, I decided to change it to Vaporesso Veco Plus Tank.
I have several questions about ohm/watt/voltage. I know there is lots of charts and calculators online but I am so confused.
I am using EUC Ceramic coils 0.5 ohm. When I attach the coil to my device, it automatically shows 40 watt, while on coil it writes "40-55 watts". (BTW I use 2x aspire 2600-18650 and 2x sony vtc6 3000-18650 batteries, both seems 3.7 V).
So the questions are:
+ During my vaping on 40W with this coil, device shows Voltage value always over 4 -mostly around 5V, then it drops till 4.5V) What makes me worry is this value of Voltage. My batteries are 3.7V. Is vaping voltage higher than it supposed to be? Am I missing something? Like battery voltage and vaping voltage is totally different?
+ What happens if I vape at 70W with this 0.5 ohm coil, just burn the coil/liquid? Is there any possibility to explode?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Safe vapings to all!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
Resistance is futile. Ohms are not king. Wattage is. • r/electronic_cigarette

Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
HI and welcome. You're fine at 40 watts on that coil, although I would personally prefer around 30ish. It should also go to 70 without any real problems, though this will shorten its life. Don't worry about the battery voltage versus applied voltage. The mod has two separate circuits: the supply circuit is comprised of the battery and the intake half of the board. The power circuit is comprised of the output side of the board and the atomizer. The voltage between them is supposed to vary. Varying that voltage, in fact, is how the mod changes the power level you are vaping. I could give you the technical side of it, but it isn't necessary. The integrated circuits-- those are the little squarish dinguses soldered to the board-- are filled with magic smoke, and the magic smoke knows what to do, and there's an end on't. The bottom line is, it isn't going to blow up so long as you stick below 100-120 set watts on those batteries.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread