Hello from Waiheke Island, NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWai

Nov 6, 2016
I'm a new vaper having FINALLY given up a 30 year smoking habit 6 months ago thanks to vaping.
Couldn't of done it without the help from forums and people on this forum. I went straight to a subohm mod so was a step learning curve (especially with rba and coil rules etc...)
I've have bought three different mods (after much research & reviews) and while the mini mods (Vaporesso Target Mini & Eleaf Pico) are great for stealth vaping and mobility my Kangertech Toobox Mini is my first choice. I love the taste, battery life and the meditative process of building the rba.
I've become what I always said I never would- a whinging non smoker who can't stand the smell, can't believe I persisted and sucked up so many years, so much $$ - 50gms of loose tobacco is $90 in NZ - &
health damage puffing away on ryo cigs
so thanks everyone for your problem solving posts and advice.
Onwards & upwards!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm a new vaper having FINALLY given up a 30 year smoking habit 6 months ago thanks to vaping.
Couldn't of done it without the help from forums and people on this forum. I went straight to a subohm mod so was a step learning curve (especially with rba and coil rules etc...)
I've have bought three different mods (after much research & reviews) and while the mini mods (Vaporesso Target Mini & Eleaf Pico) are great for stealth vaping and mobility my Kangertech Toobox Mini is my first choice. I love the taste, battery life and the meditative process of building the rba.
I've become what I always said I never would- a whinging non smoker who can't stand the smell, can't believe I persisted and sucked up so many years, so much $$ - 50gms of loose tobacco is $90 in NZ - &
health damage puffing away on ryo cigs
so thanks everyone for your problem solving posts and advice.
Onwards & upwards!
Welcome and glad you joined. I too can not take cigarette smoke either anymore.
Might like to read:
Australia - New Zealand Forum
http://www.thevaperstable.com/

Reactions: LilyWai

LilyWai

Nov 6, 2016
Welcome. I had to lookup your island, looks like a nice place.

How are your flightless birds doing?
Thanks! Not surprised u had to look it up...Only 6,000 permenant residents but is NZ's most densely populated Island after main North & South Islands.
We are a popular tourist destination (esp in the last year when Lonely Planet named us 5th best destination to visit in the world!).
Our Kiwi are doing better now thanks to a lot of hard work by Dept of Conservation. Because they can't fly they the kiwi chicks and eggs often fall prey to introduced species like rats and stoats before they can develop the very strong legs they use for defence (they kick attackers as only defence). My Labrador Rosie is from the family of Kiwi egg spotting dogs that are used to find burrows and eggs without damaging them.
Hope you don't mind the little spiel about Waiheke/Kiwi...am a very proud (non smoking) NZer!

LilyWai

Nov 6, 2016
Welcome and glad you joined. I too can not take cigarette smoke either anymore.
Might like to read:
Australia - New Zealand Forum
http://www.thevaperstable.com/
Thanks Brother Bob. I just wish our govt would get on board and subsidise vaping instead of silly nicotine gum, patches & drugs. Our country has devastating rates of death chronic illness due to smoking and worst hit are indigenous and pacific peoples. The cost alone is crippling vulnerable families and children.
Our country has a smoke-free target by 2020...can't see it happening without vaping being part of the solution.

Reactions: BrotherBob

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks Brother Bob. I just wish our govt would get on board and subsidise vaping instead of silly nicotine gum, patches & drugs. Our country has devastating rates of death chronic illness due to smoking and worst hit are indigenous and pacific peoples. The cost alone is crippling vulnerable families and children.
Our country has a smoke-free target by 2020...can't see it happening without vaping being part of the solution.
Wow, lets hope they miss their target. Unfortunately, my state is the leader in this country when it comes to confusing smoking with vaping. I really hate it when my taxes dollars support misdirected well meaning laws. We only have one federal legislator with the nerve to support vaping the way it should be supported.
Might like:
https://www.heartland.org/_template...ons/Vaping E-Cigarettes and Public Policy.pdf
https://www.heartland.org/policy-documents/research-commentary-e-cigarette-smoking-bans
The tobacco control high command has lost its way – what we learn from its views on FDA priorities « The counterfactual
Bluffer’s guide to FDA regulation of tobacco and nicotine products « The counterfactual

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Thanks! Not surprised u had to look it up...Only 6,000 permenant residents but is NZ's most densely populated Island after main North & South Islands.
We are a popular tourist destination (esp in the last year when Lonely Planet named us 5th best destination to visit in the world!).
Our Kiwi are doing better now thanks to a lot of hard work by Dept of Conservation. Because they can't fly they the kiwi chicks and eggs often fall prey to introduced species like rats and stoats before they can develop the very strong legs they use for defence (they kick attackers as only defence). My Labrador Rosie is from the family of Kiwi egg spotting dogs that are used to find burrows and eggs without damaging them.
Hope you don't mind the little spiel about Waiheke/Kiwi...am a very proud (non smoking) NZer!

Not at all,. Enjoy learning new stuff.

My wife has a friend in Greytown and has become our families resident expert on Kakapos.

LilyWai

Nov 6, 2016
Nice going Grimwald! So many people who never think outside their little world are missing out. Mind you we're so dinky and small in NZ we have to if we want to keep up with what happening in the world.

If your wife loves Kakapos has she seen video of Sirroco the Kakapo taking a fancy to zoologists head in series Last Chance To See? Soooo funny, especially with Stephen Fry standing by watch it unfold.
Never fails to make me chuckle.

LilyWai

Nov 6, 2016
Wow, lets hope they miss their target. Unfortunately, my state is the leader in this country when it comes to confusing smoking with vaping. I really hate it when my taxes dollars support misdirected well meaning laws. We only have one federal legislator with the nerve to support vaping the way it should be supported.
Might like:
https://www.heartland.org/_template-assets/documents/publications/Vaping E-Cigarettes and Public Policy.pdf
https://www.heartland.org/policy-documents/research-commentary-e-cigarette-smoking-bans
The tobacco control high command has lost its way – what we learn from its views on FDA priorities « The counterfactual
Bluffer’s guide to FDA regulation of tobacco and nicotine products « The counterfactual

So do I re. misdirected tax dollars. They whinge about the cost of smokers on the health system but when I think what I alone have forked over in 30 years of smoking cigs there's no way that arguement holds up. In fact smokers are probably propping up the whole health system!
Hopefully as more longitudinal research is done (& not kept hidden for political gain) into the benefit of vaping legislation will begin to positively influence policy at a state level. We can only hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Nice going Grimwald! So many people who never think outside their little world are missing out. Mind you we're so dinky and small in NZ we have to if we want to keep up with what happening in the world.

If your wife loves Kakapos has she seen video of Sirroco the Kakapo taking a fancy to zoologists head in series Last Chance To See? Soooo funny, especially with Stephen Fry standing by watch it unfold.
Never fails to make me chuckle.

I've seen that one. Trust me, my wife is facinated by these things. Her friend just purchased a caravan (we call them trailers or RVs) and we get a tour of somewhere new about every weekend.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
:lol:

Also, it's very rare for me to go to the shop. I love the internet. :D

Sadly, the internet is slow to get me essential supplies like beer, food, beer and.. um.. food.
It's good for quick delivery of e-cig stuff though. I'm averaging 6-7 days from China a.t.m. which is even better news.
"You can take my tanks, and beat me with a 18mg stick, but you can't take me Uwell Crown"

Reactions: Zutankhamun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread