Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Welcome to the forum. I smoked (2/3 reduced number) and vaped until I found the correct nicotine level, then the cigs were gone for good. I still had cravings so I kept an inexpensive tank with just a little higher nic in it for those times. When they struck I would take a hit or two and go back to normal. Seems like the cravings were only occasional for a week then I didn't use the higher nic. I used the same technique to reduce my nicotine level all the way down to 3mg. It worked for me, might try it. Good luck.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Alan. You may read lots of testimonials about people who've quit the day they picked up their first e-cig. I'll testify that I was NOT one of them. I actually dabbled with cigalikes almost FIVE years ago. It was a bit of a novelty, but it certainly wasn't enough for me to make the change completely. Flash forward to February 2014, and I pulled them out again (after another attempt at the end of 2011.) Got refillable carts and bottles of juice. Started getting better, but still not quite enough.

Found ECF, a local B&M, slightly better equipment (Spinners and EVOD heads) and THAT started to be my breakthrough. I finally got to a point where I had told myself I'd spent enough on equipment and juices that I don't need to be spending any money on cigarettes too. March 10, 2014 - FINALLY had my last cigarette and haven't looked back.

Mind you, I have thought about having a smoke, but the few smokers still around me don't smoke menthols - I'm not going to buy a pack just to try one out :p

So, go at your own pace. Count the ones you DON'T smoke, and let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Bradinpenn

Apr 28, 2015
I just thought I’d stop by and say hello. I’m new here. I’m a former smoker that’s turning to vaping. Making the switch hasn’t exactly been easy for me. But, I’m giving it my best. I want to give up smoking for good. I enjoy vaping. But, hope my cigarette addiction will be a thing of the past.
Welcome Alan. I am also a newbie. I started vaping last month and yesterday finally gave up my 27 year pad stinkie habit. I have found a set up that works for me. An Atlantis on a mvp with 6 mg juice.once you find the right setup you will prevail. Good luck

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Welcome, and let me give you a bit of friendly advice. Take it easy and try not to punish yourself on quitting smoking. It took me a few months to drop the ones after meals and the first one in the morning, but I did and now that it is behind me - I am not looking back. The good folks on this forum will help with any struggles you encounter - open up and let them try...

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
Welcome Alan. You may read lots of testimonials about people who've quit the day they picked up their first e-cig. I'll testify that I was NOT one of them.

Man, ain't that the truth. For a long time I couldn't decide who was more annoying...ex-smokers who quit cold turkey and go on the ANTZ bandwagon, or vapers who quit with their first vape. Eventually, I realized it was neither. I was just jealous. :D

Reactions: DingerCPA

Steven G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Southern California
Greetings AlanPoulson and Welcome to the ECF. My Daughter is down to 6 a day and is slowly getting there where as for me it was overnight so as they ssay yout right on schedule keep up the good work..................................Enjoy.......................................

Reactions: Chrissie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread