HELP - Bronchitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Houston, TX
Has anyone developed bronchitis or had difficulty recovering from it that they think could be caused by inhaling from any e-cigarette? I have been fighting bronchitis (3 rounds of anti-biotics) since the beginning of November. Every time I try to inhale any of my juices (some all VG and some 50/50 pg/vg) I start coughing uncontrollably. I've even tried one (even one with zero nicotine) but still cough and still having problems with this bronchitis. Since I love vaping (not had a cigarette in almost two years) I hate to think that I'll have to give it up.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Do you have any medical conditions like diabetes or a history of general allergies or seasonal ones? What flavors are you vaping? I'm diabetic with multiple allergies and have found that the rich flavors (vapor feels oily) make me cough and produce clear phlegm and I don't think its dependent on pg/vg ratios nor nic amount. Plain fruits don't seem oily nor make me cough. Do you have any unflavored juice? If not I would get some and try just to see. Its no loss as you can always flavor it later.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Has anyone developed bronchitis or had difficulty recovering from it that they think could be caused by inhaling from any e-cigarette? I have been fighting bronchitis (3 rounds of anti-biotics) since the beginning of November. Every time I try to inhale any of my juices (some all VG and some 50/50 pg/vg) I start coughing uncontrollably. I've even tried one (even one with zero nicotine) but still cough and still having problems with this bronchitis. Since I love vaping (not had a cigarette in almost two years) I hate to think that I'll have to give it up.

Bronchitis is never any fun. Maybe try the about mentioned with the flavor free juice. Are you using a Variable Voltage pv? Or anything that puts out a hot vapor?

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I had chronic bronchitis for 10 years smoking. It is gone now and stopped my first two weeks vaping while still smoking about 3-to-5 cigarettes a day. I also have really bad allergies and thought this was my bronchitis problem. It wasn't. It was smoking. When all the accumulated crud was coming up as a result of less smoking and vaping, I actually found that the PV helped loosen it all and bring it up. The higher the VG or distilled water in the juices, the better it brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread