If you have Bronchitis/chest cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signal30

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Southwest Ohio
If you have Bronchitis you have probably learned very quickly that vaping will induce instant coughing. Upon personal investigation, I learned that it's the PG that does it.

I would recommend getting at least one flavor of 100% VG juice to have when you get a chest cold or Bronchitis. These are for the folks that are getting there nicotine and are converted smokers. If you vape with zero Nicotine juice, then obviously don't vape until you get better.

My bronchitis is getting better thanks to a Z-pack, but I can tell you from experience that juice with any PG in it will basically make you unable to vape if you inhale.

I am not doctor of course, just learns this through trial and error. Anyone who has just converted from smoking to vaping, runs a extreme risk to falling back to the analogs if you get bronchitis. Even analog smoke is easier to inhale then vapor with PG in it.

Last edited:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Glad you're feeling better, Signal. When I smoked, I got several colds a year, at least one of which would become bronchitis. Since switching, I haven't had one cold! So I'll take your word for the PG/VG situation (I did try 100% PG juice once and nearly coughed up a lung!). Good to know, in the (unlikely) event I contract bronchitis again. Thanks for the heads-up! :vapor:

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Doesn't do that to me, I can vape with a cold, even on 100% PG and, yes I do lung inhale. All it does is give me a morning vaper's cough when I have a chest cold - probably because the PG (or VG) draws moisture, loosening the congestion and, after sleeping a few hours, my body needs to cough it out.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
but I can tell you from experience that juice with any PG in it will basically make you unable to vape if you inhale.

I am not doctor of course, just learns this through trial and error. Anyone who has just converted from smoking to vaping, runs a extreme risk to falling back to the analogs if you get bronchitis. Even analog smoke is easier to inhale then vapor with PG in it.

Not necessarily true. The point of coughing when having Bronchitis is to get the infection out of your chest. However proper anti biotics as you mentioned such as Z-Pac will do this much faster.

When I was on Analogs last year I had a severe case of Bronchitis. I knew it was coming on I could feel it. So I quit smoking for a few days. The same day I quit smoking I went to my Doc and she not only gave me a Z-Pac but she gave me a shot of that damn Rosphlin. "WARNING" Make sure if you have to get this shot that they add a numbing agent on top of it in the syringe and that they change the needle out before sticking you. This is worse than Penicilin. Anyway I was back in her office Worse than I was 2 days prior... She asked if I smoked. I told her I did but not since I came down with this. She told me to go home and smoke an Analog and then 15 mins later smoke another one and if it didn't produce any coughing that she was putting me in the hospital.

When I got home I smoked the first analog and I could feel my chest get real heavy. I hit my Albeuterol Inhaler. I smoked the second analog and what happened next was gross and in comprehendable. I began coughing a lot of stuff up out of my chest... When I was done I began to breath easier.

When you breath in anything like smoke or vapor it is an irritant to your bronchial tree and tubes. You want to cough that stuff up or other things can set in like Pneumonia, Dbl pneumonia, or fluid could actually fill your lungs and you can drown. Now I am not saying Vape or smoke all you want but I am saying if you are not having a productive cough you can use this as a last resort....

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Not necessarily true. The point of coughing when having Bronchitis is to get the infection out of your chest. However proper anti biotics as you mentioned such as Z-Pac will do this much faster.

When I was on Analogs last year I had a severe case of Bronchitis. I knew it was coming on I could feel it. So I quit smoking for a few days. The same day I quit smoking I went to my Doc and she not only gave me a Z-Pac but she gave me a shot of that damn Rosphlin. "WARNING" Make sure if you have to get this shot that they add a numbing agent on top of it in the syringe and that they change the needle out before sticking you. This is worse than Penicilin. Anyway I was back in her office Worse than I was 2 days prior... She asked if I smoked. I told her I did but not since I came down with this. She told me to go home and smoke an Analog and then 15 mins later smoke another one and if it didn't produce any coughing that she was putting me in the hospital.

When I got home I smoked the first analog and I could feel my chest get real heavy. I hit my Albeuterol Inhaler. I smoked the second analog and what happened next was gross and in comprehendable. I began coughing a lot of stuff up out of my chest... When I was done I began to breath easier.

When you breath in anything like smoke or vapor it is an irritant to your bronchial tree and tubes. You want to cough that stuff up or other things can set in like Pneumonia, Dbl pneumonia, or fluid could actually fill your lungs and you can drown. Now I am not saying Vape or smoke all you want but I am saying if you are not having a productive cough you can use this as a last resort....

Wow. Just... wow.

If my doctor told me to smoke to clear sputum from my lungs, I would immediately find another doctor. Smoking doesn't (only) make you cough up what is there, it makes your lungs produce more sputum as it is trying to get the foreign material out of your lungs. That is why we have developed these problems in the first place.

I know every doc in town, and I don't know a single one that would give this advice. Especially not a pulmonologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread