Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Just describing my kayfun Lite Plus V2.

I know what you mean about the differerent varieties of Kayfuns, and Kayfuns being good atties.

I ALWAYS managed to avoid Kayfuns like tge plague. I just thought they were old tech and not worth my time until Jim G introduced me to tge kayfun nano.

I was shocked that the kayfun had flavor almost as good as my little Goblin Mini

I guess I am not positive on what a "Lite" specifically is, a Plus or a V2 for that matter, but, good vape.

Yep, the Goblin is very good...even though it has a small tank. I guess I am kinda lazy that way. Back in the winter somewhere I picked one up and the flavor was top end. I got a bunch of small RTAs and then just said no more. I still have, actually two, but they are somewhere in a dark closet.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Yep, not for everyone. I switched to all glass a while back and didn't even use tank cracker juice. After using the Kayfun lites and 3.1s with the PC mid section I stopped caring as much. I've been using the PC tanks and acrylic caps for a while and have grown to prefer them. Very durable and cheap as heck to replace if you strip the threads. Lightweight is nice too.
I don't use Tank crackers either.

Yes the acriluc tanks for Kayfuns are $5 or less at Fasttech.

My Kayfun Mini that holds 2.5 ml onlt costs about $2.

I like tge Mini because of tge Los profile. Only 30 mm tall without counting 510 and drip tip

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Now i need a little help.

I had a few little screws that trap the leads in a Kayfun. Does anyone know the dimensions or can copyba Fasttech link?

I am building my perhaps last ok order from Fasttech.

I am bummed out about one thing though. They NO longer have spare Goblin Mini bases. I wish i had bought more than 1!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Short of the tank material cracking/breaking, is there a reason for them not to last indefinitely? I mean they are metal - do threads eventually wear out?

Had some computer glitches and couldn't stay online to answer this, but I'm glad to see others did for you.

Only other things you may want to get, that has anything to do with using 510 threaded tanks, are a few adapters that can save the 510 threads on your mods...so you CAN use those tanks longterm. FT has them for cheap (individually, 3-4 for a price break, and/or in 5 packs for best price overall). They DO come in very handy to keep your mod from becoming just a paperweight when its 510 threads are stripped!

$1.18 510 to 510 Adapter for E-Cigarette at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - (If you don't have any eGo threaded tanks you'll use)

$1.36 510 to eGo/510 Converter Adapter - chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - (larger ones like those that come with Eleaf iStick mods)

$1.19 510 to eGo Adapter Convertor for E-Cigarette at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - (Smaller 510 to eGo/510, though they just call it a 510 to eGo. Not sure why as it also has the 510 & eGo threads, too, to put a tank on)

Of course, unless the tank you're using has a skirt/base under it (like the PT2 mini, Evod tanks, and others do), or you use a beauty ring...your tank on one of the adapters will leave a gap between it and your mod. But, beauty rings are cheap on FT, too, if you need a couple.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Had some computer glitches and couldn't stay online to answer this, but I'm glad to see others did for you.

Only other things you may want to get, that has anything to do with using 510 threaded tanks, are a few adapters that can save the 510 threads on your mods...so you CAN use those tanks longterm. FT has them for cheap (individually, 3-4 for a price break, and/or in 5 packs for best price overall). They DO come in very handy to keep your mod from becoming just a paperweight when its 510 threads are stripped!

$1.18 510 to 510 Adapter for E-Cigarette at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - (If you don't have any eGo threaded tanks you'll use)

$1.36 510 to eGo/510 Converter Adapter - chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - (larger ones like those that come with Eleaf iStick mods)

$1.19 510 to eGo Adapter Convertor for E-Cigarette at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - (Smaller 510 to eGo/510, though they just call it a 510 to eGo. Not sure why as it also has the 510 & eGo threads, too, to put a tank on)

Of course, unless the tank you're using has a skirt/base under it (like the PT2 mini, Evod tanks, and others do), or you use a beauty ring...your tank on one of the adapters will leave a gap between it and your mod. But, beauty rings are cheap on FT, too, if you need a couple.
The 510 to 510 connection wiyld be great for the Goblin Mini, abd other attys known to sxratch the top of the mod

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
"The 510 to 510 connection wiyld be great for the Goblin Mini, abd other attys known to sxratch the top of the mod."

Yes, they are. However, I've found that with some tanks, whose 510 connection is high up inside a lower base (like the PT2 Mini), that sometimes the tank's lower base still touches/potentially marks the mod.

So I just bought & use the 2nd one I linked to, like iSticks come with, that have the big circular base that eliminates the possibility of any of my tanks scratching it. I bought them in packs of 5, and just leave 1 attached to a couple mods at all times. Others have that adapter and a beauty ring attached to them, for tanks with just the 510 connection underneath.

Reactions: DavidOck

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Now i need a little help.

I had a few little screws that trap the leads in a Kayfun. Does anyone know the dimensions or can copyba Fasttech link?

I am building my perhaps last ok order from Fasttech.

I am bummed out about one thing though. They NO longer have spare Goblin Mini bases. I wish i had bought more than 1!
$0.91 Replacement Screws for Kayfun V4 (5-Pack) 5-pack - size: 4.0*1.6mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I never tried them, just prepare to order.
They are for Kayfun 4, but I used K4 screws on Kmini3, they were the same.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
$0.91 Replacement Screws for Kayfun V4 (5-Pack) 5-pack - size: 4.0*1.6mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I never tried them, just prepare to order.
They are for Kayfun 4, but I used K4 screws on Kmini3, they were the same.

PERFECT!

thanks for the help.

When i got my Kayfun Mini V3 the screw heads in the mini were too small to trap my 26 gauge leads so i took two screws that fit my Kayfun Monster Mini V3 and they trapped the 26 gauge leads perfectly.

I just didn't know the exact length or diameter. I have a micrometer but not very accurate.

Thanks again for the help.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This may not be a popular view on this thread, but I'm going to suggest it anyway. If you are willing to accept what the FDA is proposing, and spend $500-$1000 to stockpile, might you be willing to do one other thing to actually CHANGE THE NEED to stockpile and allow the market to continue?

I know something about this, and want to encourage EVERYONE here to contact their Member of Congress (preferably both Senators) and ask for the staffer who handles FDA, and have a real conversation or email exchange telling them what is going on. It could change the future and outcome of this war (and it is a war$.

Thanks for your consideration.

TruthDog, a lot of us have done exactly what you suggest. I, for one, have emailed my rep, Jan Schakowsky, a bunch of times, but all I get is canned responses. The same with Sens. Dick Durbin and Mark Kirk. So I've donated heavily to campaigns of senators like Ron Johnson, even though he's not of Illinois.

But, given the near-impossibility of overturning "regulations" that automatically turn into laws, I've prudently stocked my vapemageddon stash to the point where it'll last me for the rest of my life.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
TruthDog, a lot of us have done exactly what you suggest. I, for one, have emailed my rep, Jan Schakowsky, a bunch of times, but all I get is canned responses. The same with Sens. Dick Durbin and Mark Kirk. So I've donated heavily to campaigns of senators like Ron Johnson, even though he's not of Illinois.

But, given the near-impossibility of overturning "regulations" that automatically turn into laws, I've prudently stocked my vapemageddon stash to the point where it'll last me for the rest of my life.
Exactly right.

I too contacted both Senators, and my representative.

I got two responses from Senator Flake.

No reply even canned responses from Senator McCain, or representative Martha McSally.

I hope for best but prep for worst. Just in case worst happens.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
TruthDog, I forgot to mention that I've been interviewed for local TV (I think it hit the cutting room floor), and I had 20 minutes worth of an interview on a 10,000 watt local AM radio station. And I've emailed The Evanston Review several times as either "letters to the editor" or an op-ed, but none of them saw print or their website.

Evanston, IL, by the way, was the first city to declare vaping the same as smoking. And The Evanston Review seems to be under direct control of the Evanston Peoples Revolutionary Council.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I see good citizens everywhere running up against such brick walls. The people don't seem to matter anymore. At this point, it may be that the people's best option is to turn single issue and vote by the millions for vape-friendly (or at least non-enemy) politicians. Ten million vaping voters could well determine the next president. I've been trying to drive this message home to the presidential/vice-presidential candidates, but no response thus far.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Hey thanks @mattiem i will check your post. But i am confused about the glass thingy. I called Wizard Labs from where I bought my nic to ask them if they recommend storing it glass because it ships in brown plastic bottles and there seem to be two camps here - glass versus plastic. She said no, it doesnt need to be stored in glass and that in fact they freeze it in those brown bottles for long periods of time :cry:

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hey thanks @mattiem i will check your post. But i am confused about the glass thingy. I called Wizard Labs from where I bought my nic to ask them if they recommend storing it glass because it ships in brown plastic bottles and there seem to be two camps here - glass versus plastic. She said no, it doesnt need to be stored in glass and that in fact they freeze it in those brown bottles for long periods of time :cry:

I used #1 plastic bottles.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I used #1 plastic bottles.
I think I would go with #2 (HDPE). That's what MFS sent mine in. RTS Vapes used #1 (PETE). It seems there might be less chance of leeching with #2. No idea about which might be least permeable. I'll see if I can find out.

Your Guide to Plastic Recycling Symbols: The Numbers on Plastic

edited to add: I would definitely avoid #1 personally, as the warnings I see advise because of the toxic chemicals that can leech into its contents. However, if I'm reading this chart right, #2 seems to be pretty permeable to oxygen.

Plastics Comparison Chart | Alpha Packaging

So... glass it is for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Yeah, I've got a whole bunch of 250 ml brown glass bottles I need to fill and transfer 2 liters of nic into. The time consuming part will be labeling them all, but I feel more comfy with them in glass instead for the long term.
I got the same bottles as you to break down 2 of the liters I purchased but have since purchased 2 more. So, need moar bottles! The very first pair of bottles I ordered, I ordered in glass, so it was straight to the freezer for those.

I have done a lot to eliminate plastic from life. This just feels like part of that process. I don't like storing anything consumable in plastic even short term.

Lowjumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
Union Mills NC
Oh crap, i just realized I said I bought my nic at Wizard. Wrong! I bought it at RTS Vapes - cheaper and that's who gave me the info.

Asking a company how to store nic so it won't go bad and you have to buy more nic from them is not the best plan! There business is selling you more stuff:cool:!

Long Term Nic Storage

All you need to know about storing nic, its not a long read.
I'm currently vaping RTS nic I put up in Jan 2010 =great stuff;)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Asking a company how to store nic so it won't go bad and you have to buy more nic from them is not the best plan! There business is selling you more stuff:cool:!

Interesting enough, even though I was told by RTs Vape they freeze theirs in the same plastic bottles, here is what it says on their cobalt bottle page "…These bottles are the best for storing the liquid nicotine you buy from us. Fill close to the top and throw in your freezer. The flavorless liquid nicotine will not freeze, however, you will be prolonging the life of the nicotine…"

Got to love it … another way to sell us more stuff :eek:

But in the end I prefer glass for all types of storage so that's what I'm doing.

clear1x1.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread