Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Remember, assuming they know how to manage their inventory,they expect to sell this stuff in the next 6 months or a year. I'm sure it will be good in plastic for that time. We preppers are trying to make this stuff last a decade or more, so we have to be a little more conservative in deciding how best to store it. I'd be happier in plastic as it won't shatter if I drop it, but glass it is for hopefully improved longevity.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Remember, assuming they know how to manage their inventory,they expect to sell this stuff in the next 6 months or a year. I'm sure it will be good in plastic for that time. We preppers are trying to make this stuff last a decade or more, so we have to be a little more conservative in deciding how best to store it. I'd be happier in plastic as it won't shatter if I drop it, but glass it is for hopefully improved longevity.
If any of the following happens yoy could have a problem with glass bottles.

A. Earthquake
B. Someone falls into tge freezer
C. A lid starts throwing stuff around looking for a popsicle.

Any of these can cause brittle glass to break and spill nic all over The stuff in the freezer.

#1, and #2 plastic will not become brittle in the freezer. These will bounce back for more.

#1 plastic has 0 BPA. I have had stuff in #1 plastic going on three years. 0 problems.

Reactions: nilesong

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If any of the following happens yoy could have a problem with glass bottles.

A. Earthquake
B. Someone falls into tge freezer
C. A lid starts throwing stuff around looking for a popsicle.

Any of these can cause brittle glass to break and spill nic all over The stuff in the freezer.

#1, and #2 plastic will not become brittle in the freezer. These will bounce back for more.

#1 plastic has 0 BPA. I have had stuff in #1 plastic going on three years. 0 problems.

All quite accurate although I view it this way.

1. I don't live in an earthquake zone.
2. All my bottles will in in thick freezer bag type ziplocs, surrounded by bubble wrap.
3. I've trained all the lids for my pots to never, ever, get a Popsicle stick out of the freezer without asking first.:p

I know it might be overkill. But I know glass will be non-reactive over the long term. I would be going with hope if I used plastic. Chances are it will make no difference, but I'm betting conservatively on this round.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Bea-FL - Since you live in FL, too, there is a wonderful website called GlassBottleOutlet (location is Sebring, FL) that I ordered my bottles from. Shipping to you, too, in N FL shouldn't be much more than it was to me.

They've got good prices on their bottles and the phenolic polycone caps, too!

I got some of each of these for my liters of nic:

8oz. (240mL) Amber Glass Boston Round with Polycone Caps (28/400) - $1.18 each

4oz. (120mL) Amber Glass Boston Round with no closure (22/400) - $.54 each
(Were out of the ones with the caps, so ordered bottle & cap separately for same total cost.)

Polycone Caps for 4oz. bottles above (22/400) - $.13 each

2oz. Amber Glass Boston Round with Polycone Caps (20/400) - $.41 each

Got them already! Were very well packed for shipment, too, so no breakage at all.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Thanks for the info @JCinFLA!

Well I'm pretty much done shopping!!! I have enough nic, tanks, devices, coils, bottles and o-rings to last me for almost 10 years - all the necessities :D. For now I'm still buying my juice at the local shop because menthol crystals will melt in our 95+ temps - have to wait till fall for that. The only other thing I might get is a bag of rubber insulators for my coils - I wash the coils several times and I want to keep some in case they become brittle - and they're so cheap!

The whole time I've been shopping part of me kept thinking that we're all over-reacting but nah! we're smart. I'm sure the juices will probably double in price the same way cigs did years ago when tobacco tax caused me to go from about $2 a pack to about $5! The equipment might not be too bad unless the new regs can tack on them the tobacco tax. I mean you dont pay tobacco tax for a pipe. Who knows - FDA and tobacco companies will try for anything they can get out of the consumer.

All I know is I just spent just over $500 for everything I need (except juice) for the next 10 years - which is about twice as much as I spent in two months for cigs up to 1.5 years ago :w00t:. And if I planned to use the RBA tank I bought and build coils instead of my favorite GS Air-M tanks most of the time it would be even less. Now I hope I'm around that long to enjoy the fruits of my labor :).

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The only other thing I might get is a bag of rubber insulators for my coils - I wash the coils several times and I want to keep some in case they become brittle - and they're so cheap!

First, you're welcome for the info on GlassBottleOutlet.

Now, could you help me out with what you wrote above? A bag of rubber insulators since you don't want them to become brittle when you wash your coils? I've seen a few who've said they're stashing some insulators, but not many people.

Reactions: bnrkwest

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks for the info @JCinFLA!

Well I'm pretty much done shopping!!! I have enough nic, tanks, devices, coils, bottles and o-rings to last me for almost 10 years - all the necessities :D. For now I'm still buying my juice at the local shop because menthol crystals will melt in our 95+ temps - have to wait till fall for that. The only other thing I might get is a bag of rubber insulators for my coils - I wash the coils several times and I want to keep some in case they become brittle - and they're so cheap!

The whole time I've been shopping part of me kept thinking that we're all over-reacting but nah! we're smart. I'm sure the juices will probably double in price the same way cigs did years ago when tobacco tax caused me to go from about $2 a pack to about $5! The equipment might not be too bad unless the new regs can tack on them the tobacco tax. I mean you dont pay tobacco tax for a pipe. Who knows - FDA and tobacco companies will try for anything they can get out of the consumer.

All I know is I just spent just over $500 for everything I need (except juice) for the next 10 years - which is about twice as much as I spent in two months for cigs up to 1.5 years ago :w00t:. And if I planned to use the RBA tank I bought and build coils instead of my favorite GS Air-M tanks most of the time it would be even less. Now I hope I'm around that long to enjoy the fruits of my labor :).
Prepping is the Prudent choice.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@JCinFLA here is one type: Rubber rings - Rubber Insulation Rings for eGo Batteries (50-Pack): FastTech @$2.25 for 50.

My thought is that rubber can get brittle - will that happen after umptinth vodka soaks and hot water soaks? Also if I decide to try to recoil them I might need them. But I dont even know if they are one size fits all or if I would need to buy them for a specific head so not rushing to get them.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCinFLA

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
@JCinFLA here is one type: Rubber rings - Rubber Insulation Rings for eGo Batteries (50-Pack): FastTech @$2.25 for 50.

My thought is that rubber can get brittle - will that happen after umptinth vodka soaks and hot water soaks? Also if I decide to try to recoil them I might need them. But I dont even know if they are one size fits all or if I would need to buy them for a specific head so not rushing to get them.

What heads are you rebuilding, Bea? Those may not (or may) be the right size.

The post insulator around the 510 post does suffer from repeated removal and insertion, so make sure the spares you get are the right size and shape.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I found the sizes, I think, that I might need. Ordered those and others around them. I catalogued them and store them in size order. I thought to use a bottle for each and put some VG in with them. Then put a label on the outside. I properly have, well, to many but I don't worry about that. Price is about 8 cornstarch average.

Oringsandmore, I believe.

I went to the thread for the item and then searched for "ring" to see if anyone posted the measurements. Some do, some don't.

Reactions: Eskie

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If you go to the link Bea-FL posted for those insulators, and go down & click on Reviews...the picture that is on the far right at the top (by Steelshade) shows how they're used on rebuildables, too! So, they're not only good for replacing the insulator under the center pin on a 510 connection on a battery. I'm going to get at least 1 pack I think.

Added: Also, in reading some more of the reviews...found other things they're good for, too!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
What heads are you rebuilding, Bea? Those may not (or may) be the right size.
I know, that's why I said I dont even know if they're the right size. When I have some time I need to figure that out.

Right now I'm not rebuilding anything but I want to have a supply of parts I will need if and when I do. If those parts are really inexpensive before the new ruling and tobacco tax take effect and jack up prices I buy them.

Reactions: DavidOck

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I agree with Two_Bears. I'm also a MTL vaper. I picked up some Kayfun Light Plus v2 clones made by EHPro. It seems to be by general consensus the best tank for MTL and can be had quite cheaply ($5-$15 ea). I found them on several US vendor sites as well as eBay.

links? Pretty much everywhere I have looked is out of stock and discontinued. I did find the tobeco version on ebay.

Reactions: Bea-FL

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
links? Pretty much everywhere I have looked is out of stock and discontinued. I did find the tobeco version on ebay.
Fasttech has over a dozen Kayfun clones from $5.50-$18. Also you can get a ton of spare parts like bases. Tanks, O rings, screws, 510 pins, tanks, chimneys, Nano chimney, barrels ovee the build deck.

There are about 400 Kayfun attys and piecss To keep a Kayfun going practically FOREVER.

Www.Fasttech.com

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thanks guys, just realized I was quoting wrong post or thinking of wrong tank. Subtank Mini's seem to be sold out just about everywhere. I found 1 place with some white but I prefer stainless or black.

edit: looks like FT at least has some clones I can order so will do that if I can't find any authentic there or other sites.

Reactions: DavidOck

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Thanks guys, just realized I was quoting wrong post or thinking of wrong tank. Subtank Mini's seem to be sold out just about everywhere. I found 1 place with some white but I prefer stainless or black.

edit: looks like FT at least has some clones I can order so will do that if I can't find any authentic there or other sites.
FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Man...I'm glad I picked up several STMs when someone posted about a $9.99 sale on them here in the US, about a month ago. Had found and bought 2 just a day earlier for $17.99 each, and thought that was a great price...until the $9.99 post was made! Can't believe they're still being sold for $22+ now.

I ran across some website just today though...that had them for $19.99 each. Will see if I can find that one again.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thanks again guys. I put two of the 'authentic' and two of the 'styled' subtank mins in my cart for now, and a bunch of spare parts for those and all the other RTA's in my various carts.

*Edit - I bet some of these online vape vendors are having some of their best months ever. Those authentic subtank mini's (and many other things) are sold out on most of the us based sites I checked.

Lynn, funny you should mention that dollar amount. After placing my last order today I wanted to reassure myself that vaping costs me less than smoking and came up with the same amount of money per month on cigs.

I vape more than I used to smoke so I am pretty sure I have spent more since I quit that is a small price to pay for a long time smoker with asthma. I will be spending a lot more (shopping carts are totaling well over 1k right now) over the next 20 - 30 days but that is stocking up for the next 5 - 10 years for myself, my brothers girlfriend that I got into vaping and maintain gear for, and hopefully extras in case my brother ever decides to finally try vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread