Help me choose first TC mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Dear friends vapers. I'm looking for a new box mod. Since now I've narrowed my "choice" on two devices:
    ijoy solo mini 75W TC
    and
    eleaf iStick Pico (75W TC).
    I don't have experience with neither ijoy neither eleaf. Which one is sturdier and won't disassemble in first month. PICO has an SS option and is filthy cheap 40€ but that's what scares me..is it ching chong crap or a reasonably built device?
    All advices are very welcome. Thanks and happy vaping.

If you're looking for something new why are you limiting yourself to those devices?

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
    If you're looking for something new why are you limiting yourself to those devices?
    At the moment I was looking my tc I tried to buy from local vendors which had limited choice. Then from impuls I've preordered Smok H-PRIV...will see how it works. Pico is pretty inexpensive for 30-50€ you can buy device only. ipv d3 and ijoy solo mini 65€ and evic mini 50€ . The h-priv costed 65€ and dual 18650.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    Dear friends vapers. I'm looking for a new box mod. Since now I've narrowed my "choice" on two devices:
    ijoy solo mini 75W TC
    and
    eleaf iStick Pico (75W TC).
    I don't have experience with neither ijoy neither eleaf. Which one is sturdier and won't disassemble in first month. PICO has an SS option and is filthy cheap 40€ but that's what scares me..is it ching chong crap or a reasonably built device?
    All advices are very welcome. Thanks and happy vaping.

SMH, really? Its 2016, your TV, smartphone, laptop are all made by "ching chongs"

Reactions: Katya

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
    SMH, really? Its 2016, your TV, smartphone, laptop are all made by "ching chongs"
    Yes they are made in China. They work only while they must reach western quality standard. It's a fact "mass production" policy. If you don't understand then you were never in chinese shop. But not all chinese firmas do so. After all sometimes the cheap products bring the tech to masses. No hard feelings. But all eleaf products feel cheap.

Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Yes they are made in China. They work only while they must reach western quality standard. It's a fact "mass production" policy. If you don't understand then you were never in chinese shop. But not all chinese firmas do so. After all sometimes the cheap products bring the tech to masses. No hard feelings. But all eleaf products feel cheap.

I didn't want to get in to it but I've been vaping since Sept 1025. Have 4 mods, 2 regulated, 2 unregulated, all box mods. I'll be receiving my 5th box mod this week. Own 75W and 150W Sigelei, and am receiving a Sigelei 213. All of my box mods work flawlessly, 4 are made in China. They're ALL top flight box mods.

I was to be wed to a Chinese woman, when I lived in Silicon Valley, CA. Both brilliant and beautiful. Graduated honors with BS in Biochemistry from a university in Shanghai, came to US and worked her way through a MS honors in Laboratory Sciences from one of the top schools UCSF and did genomics research. That said, I do not like Xi and his expansionist policies in South China Seas against S.Korea, Japan, Philippines, Brunei and Vietnam. I've studied around 10 martial arts, hence the moniker, "Vaping Grandmaster," and have many many Filipino friends from Escrima/Arnis/Kali.

If the OP wants to call somebody "ching chongs" that's his call. We may one day have to defend our allies, and I hope that that attitude keeps the OP alive on the battlefield. I will not be on the battlefield with a bigoted heart.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    ...heh...misunderstood...sry if I moved your emotions. Didn't want to sound like rasist which I'm not! You have wright China has revived idea and produced first e cigarette. China has both great and pretty low quality products. Bad formulated. Best regards for you and you wife no hard feelings

No hard feelings. I didn't get married in the end. Co. I was working for went under and I came back home to Chicago. I take heat for having an eye for Asian beauties from my brother. :p

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
    My H-PRIV came for few days. I can say it's nice device. What I find bad are battery door. Two nipple like contacts on door are nasty buggers,
    they scratch easily batts so you have to press them good before sliding door down. TC works good no burn cotton. Big triangle fire bar is good feels nice and not so clicky and loud. It feels like good quality device. With my Crius was nice flush sit on 510 connector. With genitank from my vape pen had some problems. Asked me several time is it new tank. I asume the quality of genitank 510... Only thing I don't like is the fire button as confirm button when you have to hold longer. I don't care for delay they covered it with update but it's to promt for me.I like it as it is. For now. I could recommend.

Vaping Griffon

Jun 6, 2016
    Nirvana
    I have several mods, including the VTC mini, cuboid and mini, eleaf 100W TC and Presa 100W. Listing only the mods I actually use now. My favorite is the Presa 100W. I never vape over 80W, the form factor is very comfortable and I enjoy the longer battery life of the 26650s, also lighter than 2x 18650s device. The white has a very comfortable finish, the black is standard.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas

I find that no matter where a product is made if your intent is to buy the cheapest product on the market you'll end up with a cheap, inferior product. I can't think of a single industry where the cheapest is the best.

If you're willing to spend the money I would put an SX Q class mod against anything made anywhere. If you're set on spending less than $50 then you're essentially buying a disposable mod.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    Some people let ONE experience set their opinion and then blast away over and over on some brands.

I've had 6 Eleaf mods in my house so far, from the small iSticks to the TC100W, the Pico and TC60W, and they all have been extremely solid. One eventually died from old age (a 20W) after a LOT of usage, a 30W(which is still working great) that I gave to a friend as a kit to help them out as they couldn't afford something decent and had been screwed over with a store selling them on a pen type that wasn't working out for them at all.

If anything, once I had my TW60W, both my wife and daughter just had to get one too... Then I got the TC100W to give it a try and absoltely love it,.. it is comfortable in hand, the squeeze trigger is great, the battery life is amazing, and it's a solid, great looking mod.. after a few weeks with it, I just went and bought two more so my wife can have one and have a spare.

My daughter got a Pico a couple of weeks ago, and between her and several other people that have one, they all absolutely love them... it's a solid mod.

Seriously, they are way too underrated, probably because they are so inexpensive..

I've been looking at so many mods, and so many are 3-4 times the price, and not a single one has been able to convince me in any way that I should go screw myself over financially and get such a more expensive mod.

If you want a small form mod with all features, the Pico is a great mod.

If you want a sleak, comfortable mod, the TC60W (but no SS in TC mode).

If you want a comfortable, long lasting battery life and all the feature and don't mind the larger size/weight (it is a 2 battery mod, but even them, very well done and holds incredibly well in hand), consider the TC100W.

The more mods I get, the more I tend to end up with Eleaf ones. The other ones I have, are used for drippers or my extra tanks, so I can simply grab and dash with different liquids in them, but my daily is now my TC100W... a full day of battery life is too great, compared to have to charge on the go or have to carry and switch a few batteries.

Also worth noting.. on my local groups, I've seen just about every type/model/brand of mod being re-sold or up for trade. The Eleaf ones are rarely traded, and if they are, it's mostly due to people getting something bigger, or the couple of times I saw the Pico show up, was because the person simply found it too small for their hands or want higher than 75W. Most times someone posts about their Eleaf mods, it's about how much they love them.

I've seen a few haters, and usually, it's due to one incident over one mod... considering how many thousands of mods are out there. I've seen a few that simply didn't even read the instructions and make false assumptions about a few things, or simply don't know how to actually use their devices and blame it on their mods.

Last edited:
    Reactions: PpaStrmpf
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread