help needed, headaches from vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonvape

May 27, 2015
Hi all, basically in a nutshell, I gave up smoking last year for 4 months, I tried various e cigs and they have me headaches and made me feel ill, in the end I went cold turkey and succeeded but eventually started again.

I want to quit again so bad, last week I bought a Vivid starter kit from my newsagents, it takes pre filled capsules that contain pure pg in 1.2 nic strength, they made me feel a bit dizzy and just "not with it", so I went down in the nic strength to 0.6 and had the same thing.

I did some research on liquids and decided that I must be allergic to PG, I went to a proper vaping shop and bought a curve 2 mini which is dead cool actually and I can put whatever liquid I want in it, I explained the problems I was having with feel not well and the guy recommended AG "aqueous glycerine" he said it is the pure base liquid that is used and it is natural, I had a vape of it in the shop and I felt ok but a day later i'm having headaches, the nic level is 1.0 I was going to go for 0.6 but thought I should go higher.

So basically, I feel a little better on the AG but getting headaches, its getting me down now as I just want to vape and feel ok.

Any advice would be appreciate, thanks

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'd not had a headache in years until I switched from smoking to vaping. If you are able to, just try to work through the headaches and get used to vaping. I feel sure they will go away. Well, they did for me. Mine was just a constant dull ache so were easy for me to just work through. Lowering my nic strength and drinking lots of liquid, I think, helped.

Mannie

Mar 13, 2016
AG is essentially glycerine USP with deionised water. I did and still do get "vaping related" headaches, drinking water helps, I vape at 70/30 VG/PG most of the time.
They're not bad headaches, just bad enough to notice them but not hinder my work/performance. I've been off the population control sticks (LOL) for long enough that I'm sure my headaches aren't a result of quitting smoking, and they only show up when I vape, so I'm linking them, but I'm still not entirely sure.

Mannie

Mar 13, 2016
thanks for the replies, ill try and work through it, so is AG cleaner / better than VG and PG, I might try a mix next time, maybe 70 vg / 30 pg in a much lower nic level?

AG isn't "cleaner" per se, some people prefer it for it's consistency, mixability, vapor production. I'm not certain that it would be any more of a factor in our headaches than VG would be.
Definitely try lowering that nicotine level.

Anna Williams

Moved On
Apr 7, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread