Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugacity

Mar 2, 2012
Canada
I started vaping just over three weeks ago after purchasing the eGo-T kit and 40ml of e-liquid in 4 flavors (18-24mg) from a supplier in Vancouver, Canada. After vaping less than two hours, I had what I would describe as a low grade but constant headache, which continued for 5 days unabated. It was kind of a dull pain throughout the top of my head; there was no throbbing but I did feel excessively tired and sleepy.

Determined to make the vaping thing work out, I sought out another supplier, which are hard to find where I live. I eventually found a supplier and purchased 50ml of e-liquid in 5 flavors, all 18mg. After switching, the headache was gone, although I wasn't impressed with the e-liquid as it produced less vapor, had no throat hit and was bland in taste.

After a good week my supply was starting to dwindle, so I switched back to the original e-liquid, and within an hour, the headache was back. I knew it was time to find a third supplier, which was complicated by the fact that my wife would kill me if I had e-liquid arriving in the mail. I was resigned to find suppliers who would do business face to face.

After a couple days, I made arrangements to meet the third supplier who only had unflavored e-liquid, and with his order seized by customs, he anticipated a wait of a couple weeks before getting more e-liquid. I didn't care about the flavor as I was getting desparate to get a supply of e-liquid, so I met him and bought 90ml of 24mg flavorless.

After getting in the car, I loaded the tank and took a good vape. Wow, I was peeling my throat off the dashboard and tons of vapor! After vaping a couple tanks over 5 hours, I had a pleasant nic buzz going and no headaches:)

In fact, I find the flavorless a much better vape than any of the other e-liquids I have tried. Of course I will eventually try some flavors from the same supplier when he gets some stock, this will do quite nicely for the next few weeks.

I don't think the headaches were caused by PG or VG or since the e-liquids came in a variety of ratios from 20:80 to 70:30. I doubt the headaches were caused by excess nicotine or withdrawl since I have a pretty good idea of how much nic I'm getting from years of experience with smoking/gum/patches. Lastly, I doubt it was a reaction to the flavoring, since it didn't seem to matter which of the four flavors of the original batch I was vaping.

I'm wondering if there is any other additives commonly used in e-liquid which would account for the headaches?

For anyone reading this forum, I thought I should share my experience, since for me, it was just a matter of finding the right e-liquid from the right supplier.

After a pack+ a day for 27 years, I have been smoke free for over three weeks. I love my PV and have no desire to ever smoke again.

ByeByeCoffinNails

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Kakapo Kountry (New Zealand)
My husband and I are also getting these headaches. They are of the crippling got to take Panadol sort. We have been trying a lot of juices lately with fruit-based flavours that tinge the juice pink and this seems to be the common thread. Clove, cinnamon and mint seem okay.

The jury is still out on chocolate flavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread