Helping the Homeless (dont know where to post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Christians in general dont like to support addictions and i am putting myself out on a limb by doing this in public. LOL

Wont be the first time im an outlaw preacher.. but im not using the ministry name or money.. this is just me, a man who loves God and these folks who live outside..

If you are supplying the homeless with vaping equipment and juice you are helping them to lick one of the worst addictions anyone can have: the addiction to cigarettes. vaping IS NOT SMOKING. It is a less harmful method of meeting an addiction to nicotine or even just the simple hand to mouth habit that long time smokers develop. There is no argument that what you are doing is just "supporting addictions", or you would be buying them cigarettes. Instead, you are helping smokers beat the addiction to cigarettes by providing them with a reduced harm alternative. Kudos to you for helping your homeless community kick a killer habit.

twinmommyaandb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Hickory
I was wondering if there is a way to do like a daily swap out for batteries. Where you basically give them enough for 24 hours and then the next night you trade batteries for fresh ones so then you charge the batteries to swap out again the next night. You could even do the cardo that way too....Check in old batteries and cardos and recieve new ones.

Cynthia

geekswife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Bartlesville, OK
dlsw, that's my quit date too. :)

Cynthia, that's a really great idea. At least for the "regulars" that come in. Refilling cartos saves a ton of money.

And sun has a great point. Maybe if it was worded differently, "I'm supplying them with personal vaporizers to kick their tobacco habit" instead of saying "e-cig", some people wouldn't be quite so judgmental. That would open up a bit more funding for this (however, I also understand that you only get so much. Using donations from this takes away from other needs (food, shelter costs, meds, etc.)).

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
twin mommy:
the charging is not a problem. these guys are resourceful and i dont want a full time job delivering batts, i have enough trouble getting food and tents out there.LOL

i have seen these guys take those solar powered lawn lights and use the cells to charge cell phones..

they have parks where they have access to elec, library too..

ill fill a few carto's and leave 5ml of juice with a sheet metal screw to pull end cap off.. they can top off.

i did a test run with a guy named kerc, he loved my DIY tobacco. said it wass like a smooth pipe.. heh. had to teach him how to inhale a bit different. he is so excited..

keep thinkin, appreciate all of u folk..

im working on the entire idea here geek and sun.. i dont hide it,
i just know how un Christlike Christians can be.

this is 15 different denominations in a group effort.

i am more old school than most. go figure but i do tend to get picked on more.. im glad i have a preacher badge and everything.. later..
(for those that pray, a 17 year old named frances who is living outside and is 2 months pregnant just was taken to hospital for heavy bleeding.. i like this girl bunches, i may marry her and her boyfriend. pray she does not loose the baby.. something about this kid, no drugs, no booze, just a pretty smile a freckles ... and stupidity that comes from being young)

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
i am having a hard time keeping up with the thank yous.. ill get to them and start friending you folks.. i have been out in camps and doing classes. i usauly lurk, not used to this.. it all strated with a simple question... go figure.

kerc my homeless friend will be joining the forum... aint that cool.. ill post his Facebook soon.. (yes homeless people have access to computers and cell phones. pawn shops and shelters help out)

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
Something you might also want to consider (although I think you'll get a lot of help here at ECF, too!) is asking some of the various sellers if they would be willing to consider donating equipment to your cause. I know that when I ran a retail store, we would get very few requests of that sort, and when we did, we always took them seriously... and we usually came up with something good to send them. You might find a similar response from the vendors in the community!

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
I try not to refer to my boxmod as an e-cig, but as a pv or my smokefreE-cig. I like the term "pv" better, but now that the electronics are becoming more commonly known most non-users call them e-cigs when asking questions about them. They work. They are cheap compared to cigarettes. Is anyone on this thread mechanically handy? I saw a good sale on box mod parts but someone would have to build them. Could any of the homeless in your group build them if they had the kits? Ask and see. Will check back in to see what is going on.......

Nikinic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Utah
Good evening fellow vapers. Just an update on the pp account for donations for Brother Frankie and friends. We have a total of $100 donated so far. The week of the 16th I will be placing the order to the health cabin so if you want to donate to this great cause you still have time. Just send me a pm and I will give you the info. Thanks for the donations so far. You all are amazing!

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Oh, the box mod kits are relatively cheap. Batteries and battery safety might be an issue.

They are inexpensive but I've been vaping on one since last November. I have dropped it and broken a door, but other than that it has held up very well. I don't think the batteries would be an issue as long as they had the little battery boxes. I guess it just boils down to how many people need to be provided with vaping equipment. Is there just the four, Brother Frankie?

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
They are inexpensive but I've been vaping on one since last November. I have dropped it and broken a door, but other than that it has held up very well. I don't think the batteries would be an issue as long as they had the little battery boxes. I guess it just boils down to how many people need to be provided with vaping equipment. Is there just the four, Brother Frankie?

That might be a very good idea,then as stick style batts don't last that long. (ot: I just got a little Hog's Mod's off the classys and love it!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread