Hey all & need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wait, did you say 200 watts? Are you starting a coil, any coil, at 200 watts? Don't do that. Look on the side of the coil, you will see recommended resistance in tiny letters. Start at LEAST 20 watts below that while priming your coil, and slowly work your way up to the desired resistance, which may well be BELOW the recommended settings but shouldn't be ABOVE it.

Anna

Reactions: Tonee N

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I don't have that mod or tank, but am thinking the tank will require some high watts to work. A quick search shows the Q4 "best at 90-160 watts, so if you are starting a new coil at 200 watts, might not work well. But still should fire. And still thinking about the batteries and where you got your stuff, quality 20 amp batteries in 3 battery configuration should safely get you upwards of 200 watts. Confirm your batteries are actually 20 amp CDR before pushing that high. If they are actually 10 amp, anything over about 100 watts will be pushing them into a dangerous area. Your mod may be shutting down or lowering the watts to keep you safe.

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Do the batteries still have the stick on label on the wrap, it is just for shipping requirements, remove them.
Most likely there are other letters / numbers to identify the cells possibly under the stick on labels.
What color wrap?

There is a good chance the cells are insufficient to power the device at that watt range.

Reactions: stols001

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Mooch, our resident expert, provides his list of quality batteries with his test results. Buying not only batteries on this list, but from the trusted vendors shown at the bottom is the surest way to know you are getting authentic batteries and not re-wraps or fakes.

img_4813-jpg.643937

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Hey thanks mine are the Samsung 25R was under the sticker

Those, as well as the Sony VTC5A originally in your post should be sufficient up to 200 watts in triple battery mode. In dual mode, it is pushing it. If you bought at a vape shop, I'd take it in to them and have them check it out. If you bought online, a lot will depend on which vendor. Probably worth sending them an e-mail and see what they say.

Haha older its on power mode im juat not getting much power out of it & only a little bit of vape

Sorry, but you know I just had to ask! ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread