Hey im new and an amateur vaper with a questions about my build !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanazim

Jul 25, 2016
A few introductions. ive stopped smoking completely easily unlike others who struggle with withdrawal problems, its because i had reduce my habit to a very light social smoker loong ago to a point where my friend had always been bashing me saying im stupid for smoking as they know my smoking habit is very light. but they dont understand that an introverts restless mind whilst in a social situation. abide that, im cigarette free now :) :)

so about my build, right now i own a minivolt with a svoemesto kayfun v3 for quite a while now.
been planning a looong while about this build but not sure if my theoretical knowledge is enough to apply to a practical situation.

mod & BATT : eleaf istick 100w tc (because its parallel) ---> samsung INR18650-25R x 2

BUILD : planning for .25 ~ .2 ohm build. but calculator says i could reach to .11 on 180/200w mod with little headspace left. not that i want to be at that build. just want to know my max limit too.

any RDA with suitable deck and sizes (hasnt decide any)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My favorite RDA is the Velocity.

I own a clone Velocity by Tobecco, purchased from Eciggity.
Velocity RDA Clone by Tobeco $17
An inexpensive first RDA with two posts for single, dual, or quad coils. Huge deep drip well, spacey build deck, large holes in posts to fit wires in, excellent airflow options. Comes with an extremely wide bore drip tip, and an adaptor for your own drip tip should you care for it.
IMG_3225__13238.1434076749.1280.1280.png

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome @Wanazim!

You might also check VaporBeast - they have the Velocities for about $9 and the Velocity Minis for about $7. The Velocity V2 has more color choices and the optional "Squonk" bottom-feed pin, but it's about $19

Coupon Code TENOFF should net you a 10% discount on your order.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
MOD & BATT : eleaf istick 100w tc (because its parallel) ---> samsung INR18650-25R x 2

BUILD : planning for .25 ~ .2 ohm build. but calculator says i could reach to .11 on 180/200w mod with little headspace left. not that i want to be at that build. just want to know my max limit too.

so no comments about my batt,mod and ohm? am i doing good? im not gonna blow up my face right? despite venting..
Being that the iStick is a regulated mod, it has processor protection circuitry to guard against short circuits and over-discharging of the batteries. If you were using a mechanical mod, you wouldn't have those safeguards, so there would be more concern about potential short circuits and battery issues which could result in "blowing your face off".

As BoogaWu said, regulated mods don't care what ohms your coils are; the processor (regulator) only needs batteries whose amperage (amps or continuous discharge rate) is sufficient for the wattage you set. The Samsung 25R batteries are sufficient for your mod.

Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod (device)

Samsung 25R Blue Wrap 20A 2500mAh Bench Test Results...a great 20A cell

Samsung 25R Green 20A (25R5) 2500mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...a great 20A battery

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread