Hi to all the member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
Hi!
Joined up because with recent bankruptcy of njoy - I may have to learn an alternative.
I know that Cigalikes are not "serious" vaping - But I used Njoy Menthol Cigalikes for 3 years to get me off of smoking. I was very happy with my brand and my method. (I DID Really love how they looked and feltlike real Cigs)... Now I'm freaking out cuz it may all but disappear now.:eek:
(My stock will only last SO long...:()
If I have to get into APVs and DIY vaping - I'm definitely going to need help and instruction!
(I'm not averse to change - I was just very happy in my groove....).
Thanks in advance for any advice!:)

penstyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2009
FL
Can understand being in a groove.

Are you thinking about a small box mod or tube or penstyle type.
There is a thread here on podmods which some are excited about.
Heard some good things on the eleaf icare. Inexpensive if you look around.
Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

You ever used an ego twist, it is fairly small pen like just need a tank to put on it.
Here is an evod battery with an evod tank. I like them.
Kanger EVOD 2 BDC Starter Kit

Just some ideas. Maybe you want something else but thought I would throw those out there.

Reactions: C.C. 95

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
Can understand being in a groove.

Are you thinking about a small box mod or tube or penstyle type.
There is a thread here on podmods which some are excited about.
Heard some good things on the eleaf icare. Inexpensive if you look around.
Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

You ever used an ego twist, it is fairly small pen like just need a tank to put on it.
Here is an evod battery with an evod tank. I like them.
Kanger EVOD 2 BDC Starter Kit

Just some ideas. Maybe you want something else but thought I would throw those out there.
Thanks! I'll take a peek at those. Like others have said on the forum - I am not averse to other stuff - but I am so very used to (and comfortable) with the size and familiarity with cigalike sizes. (You know- That cig size in my hand is like a sixth finger after all these years!:laugh:).
It's a little daunting with all the options. But also very cool that there are so many options.
Question: Is this FDA thing gonna squash a lot of Vaping companies? It's unbelievable to me. Vaping and getting people off tobacco is SAVING LIVES. And now the very people who hated BT are in bed with them to try to stop Vaping, which has nothing to do with Tobacco. ( don't even get me started on how angry it makes me when I have to pay tobacco taxes on a non tobacco product:-x).
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: penstyle

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
The regulations certainly make no sense to me.

Have you tried other cigalikes?
I tried a couple once but they did not deliver too much vapor for me.
You got some researching to do. LOL. :)
When I first started yes I tried a bunch...and I found, largely, the same experience. Did NOT like Blus, or Zooms, etc.
They did not have enough of vapor, nicotine, and most importantly the "throat hit". What I found was that Njoy Menthols had all of these (good vapor, Nicotine at 3.0%, and MOST important - a throat hit that felt exactly like analog smoking). I never smoked menthol in analog, but with vaping it seems to help deliver the throat hit better (at least from my experience). The bolds (non menthol) had 4.5% Nicotine, but seemed less satisfactory.
And, Njoy really NAILED the feel of a real cig with the soft filter and red glow. It was an easy transition out of smoking because of those. And I really tip my hat (and my health) to them for that.
And, yeah, there are a lot of cigalikes now I guess. A lot to check out.
But, I'm sure you understand how you can be so devoted to one that you have been with since the beginning!
Maybe Njoy is just going to restructure under Chapter 11 and come back, but I need to weigh my options in case they don't.
It's too bad. They really struck huge blows for the vaping industry. They deserve a better fate.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The only positive about Njoy (the only aspect which I am genuinely sad about) was the fact that they weren't a tobacco company.
It was never about the appalling cost/value for me, it was the outrageous claims all these companies made about how many cigarettes per unit.
You can still use a cig-a-like system. OK, so many of us don't think they are great but that's not the point. The point is if you quit smoking you are a winner. :)
You don't need to buy a mod, or an APV or this and that. You can carry on using whatever system you like. Go for it!

Kanger and Innokin still make small systems and I would put money on KR808 cig-a-likes still being on sale.
I have some 808 hardware. It cost me under $30, whereas you could buy exactly the same thing with associated exorbitant running costs by companies like Greensmoke or Whitecloud.

Basically the cig-a-like market is full of greedy, low-life, dishonest sharks the like of which would not survive in any other industry.

The biggest irony of all? If one cig-a-like was to survive, Njoy was the best and the least "high BS/low morals"..... and what are we left with?

Blu and Greensmoke? These are the ones who should be filing for bankruptcy. Along with Whitecloud, Finn (forbid such a travesty) and those others.

Yet again, tobacco wins.

Reactions: C.C. 95

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
Funny, I too never smoked menthols. Yuck.
But I have a DIY juice which is mint/menthol that has been my all day vape for a long time.
I found the coolness of the vape gave me the same type of feeling as filling my lungs with smoke.
Really saved me.
Yeah! That's kind of what I mean. The coolness and throat hit felt very familiar. I may have not stuck with it, if not for that.

Reactions: djsvapour

SimonLeBon

Sep 21, 2016
Brazil
Hi!
Joined up because with recent bankruptcy of Njoy - I may have to learn an alternative.
I know that Cigalikes are not "serious" vaping - But I used Njoy Menthol Cigalikes for 3 years to get me off of smoking. I was very happy with my brand and my method. (I DID Really love how they looked and feltlike real Cigs)... Now I'm freaking out cuz it may all but disappear now.:eek:
(My stock will only last SO long...:()
If I have to get into APVs and DIY vaping - I'm definitely going to need help and instruction!
(I'm not averse to change - I was just very happy in my groove....).
Thanks in advance for any advice!:)
Hello and welcome.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I see...so make your own = save $$ ?:thumb:
Yes.
In reality we have to make our own from 20th November 2016, unless we are happy to pay sky-high prices and have our choices limited by 90+%
From 20th November, some vaping companies (those happy to pay the license fee and get the testing done) will be charging $6.50 (equivalent) for 10ml of unflavored 20mg liquid.
That is up to 1000% more expensive for the Nicotine base (to create the liquids) than many of us have been paying.

You need to take into account how much further 72mg liquid goes than 20mg liquid to fully appreciate just how crazy this increase is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread