• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Homemade Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabbeln

Moved On
May 3, 2012
Well went to Gadsden today for the countries longest yard sale and Scored with a Small Lunch box thats Slightly bigger than an Altoids box. 3 Guesses what it will become, lol. Perfect Pocket size box for a VV mod.

Did the yard sale yesterday. Didn't find much. Came home with a mismatched set of lawn darts, and a funnel. :)

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Yea thats what they make sand paper for, lol WEonder if I could flatten the bumps out w/out messing it up, lol

meh, leave it on, its a conversation piece :D. I know I would stop and talk to the dude smoking out of a twilight lunchbox :lol:

edit: or... maybe I would just walk by... fast! :facepalm:

bemorphy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My first tube mod. Fighting a mental block on it for months and finally got it. I have made a few other items, box mods and pass thru but this one really had me stumped, and it was fairly easy technically. So newer folks who want something of their own can do this with just a few tools and skills.
Next on to VV tube mod. One step at a time for me. Thanks.

bemorphy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank You. Getting ideas now. One with a bigger battery, say an 18650 and formulating a switch protector kind a steam punk it. I really like those copper steam punk tubes if you have not seen them they are the cats meow. I may not be able to make something that nice, simpler yet cool.
I normally do not vape at 3.7 volts like this copper mod, I made it for a smoker who is interested in starting vaping. It is a nice morning vape tho when harsh is out and smooth is in. Thanks again

Wabbeln

Moved On
May 3, 2012
started work on a homemade pv. Not quite finished yet, still need to add a vent hole, need to find a shorter throw switch, and I want to change out the battery connector for a pressed in. Also need to finish it out for aesthetics.

DSCN2547.jpg

DSCN2548.jpg

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
started work on a homemade pv. Not quite finished yet, still need to add a vent hole, need to find a shorter throw switch, and I want to change out the battery connector for a pressed in. Also need to finish it out for aesthetics.

DSCN2547.jpg

DSCN2548.jpg

Nice mod wobble! :thumbs: what does it take... An 18350?
The flush mount connectors available are not very sturdy; thread wise. You are probably better off leaving the one you have on there. IMO

-Sam

Last edited:

Wabbeln

Moved On
May 3, 2012
Thanks, Sammy. Yeah, found out about the press in connector. : facepalm: Couldn't get it to line up, and it would have caused a short. I did switch out the connector with one that has ego threading so I could add a cone. The battery is an 18350. I wanted something with a larger battery, but not as big as my chuck. If you can believe it, I put the whole thing together without a single soldered connection. It's all fitted so all I need to do is switch to a longer tube for a larger batt.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
Yea Cheif. These things are awsome when modded for SS mesh and coil like a Genissis. Change the brass sleeve to the pos post. Drill the wick hole next to the neg screw out to 3/32. BE VERY CAREFUL tightening the pos screw down. Hold the pos post base with a pair of pliers when tightening the pos crew down. Can't emphasize this enough. Several people have broke and shorted out this by not holding this post still. I shorted out 3 of them doing this. It's as good as ANY Genissis when converted.
IMG_1548.jpg IMG_1549.jpg S4022193.jpg
This is my NEW Set up , lol
S4022197.jpg

Last edited:

Mistfit

Aug 14, 2012
B'ham, Al.
Just got my DIY 510 3.7V mod kit from madvapes. This will be my first mod project. Any tips on what gauge wire I need to use or any kind of tips from past experience would be greatly appreciated. I plan on carving my own boxes out of wood but I am not finished with those yet. For right now I see myself doing my first mod in this dinky plastic box that came with the kit or using an altoids tin. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread