• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Homemade Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Here is my VV Passthru. I used a LM2596 DC-DC step down regulator. it is a simple, plug and play kind of regulator but it can handle a whomping, although it is a tad big in comparison to others. The mod runs on a 15v 5amp laptop cord, and goes to a stompbox with foot switch, voltage regulator, and led display. this can sit on the floor or on the armrest of the chair or whatever. The potentiometer (voltage knobby thingie) is accessed by screwdriver through a small hole. The kicker on this this mod is that it is operated by any mod that accepts an 18650 and has some kind of hole to run a wire through. I used a piece of a rake handle milled down to the size of an 18650 and put battery contacts on it. here it is with my reo grand. The foot switch just turns on the power source, then you use the reos switch to use it.
photo(2).jpg photo(3).jpg photo(4).jpg photo(5).jpg photo(6).jpg
Here is also a bottom fed mod wood mod I made. now this was built with 100% intention of being like the reo woodvil. I respect Rob and his mods completely and looove reos, and this is in no way shape or form as good as a reo, and would never reproduce something like this for another person, but since this was made for me and me alone... anyway, this thing works pretty well, it was my first mod of any kind so... yeah its not perfect. There is also a pic of it attatched to my vv passthrough.

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Thank you CES :blush: the stomp box is a on/off footswitch. You stomp it when you want to vape and the power source will stay on until you stomp it again, that way i can leave it plugged in and it won't ruin the chip or display by continuous running. unfortunately I have to change voltages with a screwdriver, but I really only change voltages when I switch atties or juice. The wood mod is made of black walnut from a 150 year old tree fell on my family farm.:) I helped my brother cut it down and cut it up because it was dying and leaning toward the overseers house and he had it milled out. I have the stump and I need to mill it and air dry it so it will be ready in summer to do some building. Black walnut stump has some awesome grain.

-Sam

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Wow! that makes the wood mod incredibly special!! talk about making it from scratch :)

I still like the on-off foot switch, even if you can't use it for completely hands-free vaping. It's cool that you set is up like a battery- so that you can use it with any PV with an appropriately sized battery compartment

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
My new bottom fed rebuildable atomizer. This is built from a RCA plug and an HH357 atomizer. It features some of the parts from the 357, including the coil (because I don't have my kanthal and wick yet.) I have to give a whole lot of the credit to meatsneakers for the complete tutorial on building this. It wasn't easy but the next one will be :)
aefca8b4-faf0-4595.jpg
aefca8b4-fafc-fbe8.jpg
aefca8b4-fb0b-06e7.jpg

-Sam

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
fixing to make me a pipe mod soon :) I have a pipe stem, a churchwarden style stem. I am going freestyle on it, so it will be interesting to see what I come up with :D. I am thinking of making it a carto tank pipe, that hides the carto tank under a wood "sheath" for lack of a better word. I am pretty sure it will run on dual 18650s, stepped down with variable voltage regulator. the top of the pipe bowl would be made of tinted material (piece of old sunglass lens) with a voltage readout. so in a dark area it would almost simulate burning of tobacco in a pipe bowl. I have high hopes for this pipe, I hope I dont let myself down :lol:

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
That sounds like it'll be really cool Sammy! Can't wait to see it.

I sure hope so:) Thank you. This will be my first pipe, so it will be an adventure. I just got a drum sander, but I really need some sanding discs to help shape the pipe. I have a belt sander, and i think that will work for what I need, that coupled with my trust dusty pocket knife :)
If this works better/easier than my previous mod design, I may scrap the other. There is a lack of Pipe mods out there, and I am incredibly interested in them. I will just have to see how interested I will be once I invest the hours :)

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Yeah, I started modding by milling out a wooden bottom fed box mod... A bit much to start out, and very frustrating. Not to mention now I am completely refinishing and re wiring the whole thing because of unforeseen problems. I would definitely advise you to try a simple mod first. You can make a very decent mod for next to nothing if you have the gumption and are handy. Make sure you mind your amps fox, 22 gauge wire or less :) but 18 Gauge is like working with a teenager, stubborn and never does what you want it to.

-Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread