Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Nah, I'm loopy already. Honest too.

I used to have a job where it seemed my main function was to answer questions from salespeople honestly, which drove them nuts. My reviews consisted of words like "needs to improve demeanor with customers (company salespeople)" and " brutal". Seems like answers of, "Sure we can do that as soon as we find a way to suspend physics." and "I don't care how many times you re-phrase the question, the answer is the same.", were not what they wanted to hear.

And to this day there is still not a way to move raw sewage up a hill without power or to put something underground without making a hole.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Nah, international corporation shut down the plant because of excess production on the east coast of North America. We were having a record year in profits when it happened. I was responsible for the majority of product design for 3 plants and special products at 5 others when I was told I was to train my replacements. (I started training 3 that were suppose to take over my usual tasks at the Lexington plant and hadn't even talked to the plant in Tennessee when I told them to stick it and left.)

I was very good at that job. Good enough that I was one of the few people who could tell-off the vice president of North American operations without being served a pink slip. I did not want to move to where they wanted to relocate me, so I've spent the last few years drifting in and out of employment as a freelancer in industrial and utility product design. I've never been one to follow money or celebrity and would rather do something I enjoy than make money doing something I hate. I may die dirt poor, but I'll die happy.

I can be tactful. I can be a complete ....... It's completely dependent on what I am dealing with.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Glycerine (Glycerol) is all the same molecule. Assuming one is comparing two versions of USP grade (99.5% anhydrous), it should be the same viscosity at the same temperature. I find it hard to believe that the glycerol molecule "varies" based on which lab produced it. It doesn't matter how it's produced either (biodiesel, palm, soy, etc). The end product is all that matters (at least 99.5% pure). Glycerine is glycerine.

Perhaps some of it is 3rd hand (repackaged) and has been cut before being sold (without being labeled as such). That's the only thing it could be. It would be like saying "this water is thinner than that water." Uh, no. Water is water unless it has been mixed with something else (impurities).

It's also possible I suppose that some glycerine is being packaged as USP but is actually of a lower grade. That might account for the difference in viscosity. If that's the case, that's kind of scary. But with the eliquid market booming and glycerine being in more demand to the average consumer, who really knows what vendors are doing to make extra profit.

I just bought some Glycerine from a well known DIY vendor. It appears to be USP grade just by looking at it, but who really knows? It has been re-bottled by the DIY vendor with their own label stuck on it. For all I know it is only 75% pure. (I doubt it, but like I said, I don't know).

The only way for us average Joe's to be sure would be to buy directly from a lab/factory that produces it (i.e. Dow or HUMCO, etc.). Problem is they only sell huge volumes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread