How do i stop my ecig leaking in my bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
Hi OP, if you can, a couple pics might help... It would show the hardware you're using, and the type of leaking you are talking about. That would let the good folk here help you find a solution.

Perhaps a couple other helpful things to point out would be:

1. Has it always done that?

2. Have you tried to tighten it to no end, with the same results?

3. Do you have just one ecig/topper or did you get a starter kit with more than one? Does it happen to all of them?

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
A dripper will always seep juice if placed in any position other then up and down. I have found personally on some of the bottom coil clearo's, ones with kanger heads, they will start to leak after a while on the side if the tank is not full. Best I can tel is because the exposed section of the wick in the head is not submerged with fluid. This leads to the pressure being slowly changed within the tank. That negative pressure is what keeps the juice in and keeps the tank wicking properly. If the pressure is equalized, then the fluid will seep out. Think of it like taking a glass and submerg it in a sink of water. turn the cup and fill partially with water. As you pull the cup from the sink, the water stays in the cup. Tilt the cup and allow air to some in and the water then runs out. The pressure equalized and gravity took over. Hope this helps explain it a bit.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
A dripper will always seep juice if placed in any position other then up and down. I have found personally on some of the bottom coil clearo's, ones with kanger heads, they will start to leak after a while on the side if the tank is not full. Best I can tel is because the exposed section of the wick in the head is not submerged with fluid. This leads to the pressure being slowly changed within the tank. That negative pressure is what keeps the juice in and keeps the tank wicking properly. If the pressure is equalized, then the fluid will seep out. Think of it like taking a glass and submerg it in a sink of water. turn the cup and fill partially with water. As you pull the cup from the sink, the water stays in the cup. Tilt the cup and allow air to some in and the water then runs out. The pressure equalized and gravity took over. Hope this helps explain it a bit.

Well guess that explains why my spare Kanger EVOD tank leaked in the box when I took it to work the other day! Lost like 1/4 of a tank in there on the car ride..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread