Kanger Topbox Mini leaking when carried in my bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartlebooth

Jan 25, 2016
Hi everyone,

I bought a couple of Kanger topbox Mini TC recently. I'm quite satisfied so far, although I'm still looking for the right combination of liquid/settings for me.

Anyway, the main problem I have is this: sometimes I have to carry it in my bag (like when I travel), and very often the tank ends up leaking all over the place, wasting the liquid and making everything around sticky and disgusting. I'm not completely sure how this happens but i assume it's because it doesn't stay in vertical position all the time, so leaking from the top: that's my guess since I never saw leaking when I keep it in vertical position.

Does anyone has tips on how to avoid that? does it have to be always vertical? any way to close the top when not used?

FYI I'm still quite new to vaping... and haven't been able to really quit real smokes yet actually :(

Thanks for your advice!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi everyone,

I bought a couple of Kanger Topbox Mini TC recently. I'm quite satisfied so far, although I'm still looking for the right combination of liquid/settings for me.

Anyway, the main problem I have is this: sometimes I have to carry it in my bag (like when I travel), and very often the tank ends up leaking all over the place, wasting the liquid and making everything around sticky and disgusting. I'm not completely sure how this happens but i assume it's because it doesn't stay in vertical position all the time, so leaking from the top: that's my guess since I never saw leaking when I keep it in vertical position.

Does anyone has tips on how to avoid that? does it have to be always vertical? any way to close the top when not used?

FYI I'm still quite new to vaping... and haven't been able to really quit real smokes yet actually :(

Thanks for your advice!

Hey, welcome aboard. First off, don't stress over not quitting completely yet. Everyone is different, and some still smoke a bit (like myself, a couple cigs a week when I drink) but vape the rest. It's still makes a huge difference. So obviously continue to try to quit completely, but don't over think that part of it. Just focus on how much less you're smoking, and work from there. I found that the more I vape, the less I even like cigs. It should eventually sort itself out over time.

In terms of the TopTank Mini, it hasn't leaked for me yet, but I also haven't traveled with it. Was this air travel by chance? If so, that's a whole separate thing, and most tanks have huge problems in the air. Short version- almost all tanks leak because of the altitude. So you sort of have to dissemble them completely before flight. No real way to avoid it that I've found.

If it's just local travel, I would close down your airflow as much as possible before throwing it in your bag. That should help things. This tank doesn't really close off all the way, but closing it to that smallest air hole should help. Also, the new SSOCC coils are bigger, and should not leak as easily....in theory. Are you using the same size ones as the one that came with the tank?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Tank near full and Air Flow turned off.

Low e-liquid can cases a Tank laying on its side to have one Flow channel exposed allowing liquid to exit as air enters.(Pressure equalization)

Inverted is the Absolute Best way to carry ANY bottom coil Tank. No Fluid pressing on wicking material to over saturate and drip(leak)

bartlebooth

Jan 25, 2016
Tank near full and Air Flow turned off.

Low e-liquid can cases a Tank laying on its side to have one Flow channel exposed allowing liquid to exit as air enters.(Pressure equalization)

Inverted is the Absolute Best way to carry ANY bottom coil Tank. No Fluid pressing on wicking material to over saturate and drip(leak)

by inverted you mean upside down, right?
I never would have thought of that, thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread