How do you know when your Cartomizer is empty?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by JohnCash1, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JohnCash1

JohnCash1 Full Member

How do I tell if my pre filled Cartomizer is empty?

I'm wanting to fill it with peach flavor.

Thanks.

2. Upinthehills

Upinthehills Super Member ECF Veteran

It will start tasting dry/burnt and you won't get much vapor. It's better to top it off before it reaches that point, though.

3. JohnCash1

JohnCash1 Full Member

AHHH, i guess it was empty because it started to taste burnt.

4. Upinthehills

Eww. Refill it, then add a bit more liquid any time it starts not tasting as good.

That burnt taste sucks, doesn't it?

5. bearrp3

bearrp3 Full Member

seems like mine dont last long at all any tips or am i vaping to much? lol

6. JohnCash1

JohnCash1 Full Member

Ya, taste horrible lol

7. Upinthehills

You're using cartomizers or cartridges, Bear? If you fill a cartomizer so it's full, it should last about two hours. For a cartridge, it depends on what size, but about an hour, maybe. All of this also depends on how heavy you vape.

I gave up on cartridges and cartomizers. They both drove me crazy. I drip now, and really like it a lot better.

8. bearrp3

bearrp3 Full Member

My fault they are prefilled "Atomized Cartridges" that came with my eGo, waiting on E-Liquid to come any day..... ive been actually pulling the poly fill out and flipping it around because it stops vaping and its still half full of fluid

NOTE to any1 buying a starter kit get extra carts or fluid with your order got 2 left lol

9. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hi. On carts you can gently shake them like a thermometer to knock the juice down. But really that's the time to "top off".

10. chose2live

chose2live Super Member ECF Veteran

Any cartos with the soft tops like v4lifes premiums are great for refilling or topping up. Just pop the top...drip drip drip,put top back on and vape on:):vapor::vapor:

11. Twilight

Twilight Senior Member ECF Veteran

No doubt a newbie question, but.....which direction do you want to shake the juice down to......batt end or mouthpiece?

12. AvalonMyst

AvalonMyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm thinking Batt end to get closer to the coil.

13. zomzom

zomzom Senior Member ECF Veteran

Definitely towards the battery end - not from the mouthpiece (or you'll get a mouthful of juice :D )

14. JohnCash1

JohnCash1 Full Member

Is it safe to mix 2 e liquid flavors together?

And if I'm getting liquid in my mouth does that mean I filled it up 2 much?

15. Upinthehills

Mixing two flavors is ok, might pay attention to which two you're mixing and make sure the flavors are compatible. Bubble gum and tobacco is just disgusting. Don't ask me how I know. :D

Liquid in your mouth may mean you're overfilling or that you've gotten some juice outside of the cup of filler and it's now coming out when you draw. If you're overfilling, you may also flood your atomizer. If your atomizer starts making a gurgling sound it's flooded.

To fix flooding, take the atomizer off of the battery and hold the threaded end of the atomizer in a piece of paper towel. Don't hold it tight or no air will go through. Then blow really hard through the other end of the atomizer. Juice will come out and go onto the paper towel. After doing that, wipe the battery and all of the threads with the paper towel to get any excess juice. Reassemble and try again.

16. Kotog

Kotog Full Member

I think I have the opposite issue, I'm constantly adding to my cartomizer and thinking it isn't working correctly - always seems like its running out though..... but I may be flooding it (I usually use an ego-t(b) and I love that because of the lack of fuss with refilling.

The cart I have is a LR and I also get alot of popping and what seems like juice exploding.... Overfilling??????

17. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Cartridges - your choice is to just top off with the new juice or take the stuffing out and rinse and dry the cartridge and stuffing, refluff the stuffing, put if back in. if your cartridges are standard 510 cartridges (which use slim 9.2mm atomizer) then strictlyejuice.com sells precut blue foam stuffing for those - more consistent, easier to rinse and pat dry with paper towel, holds its shape. Just search there for foam.

Cartomizers (what most people end up using for everyday vaping)
    You can try to spin the juice out (see Youtube video Reverse Taryn Spin). Don't vape a carto to empty or you will singe it and add a bitter taste which sucks with sweet juices - erases the sweetness. And if the new juice is a compatible flavor you can just top off with it and you will get the blended flavor and then eventually all the new flavor. I do recommend you not use cartomizers for testing juices you have never tried. You can use a manual battery (safer if it is totally sealed on the threaded end), atomizer and drip tip to test juices. If you have a KR808D-1 (Volt, Bloog, V4L, G6, etc) manual you can use a DSE901 standard resistance atomizer and drip tip (dripping not recommended on auto batteries and is risky on non-sealed manuals).

18. NEWPORTSHORT

NEWPORTSHORT Full Member

This is a very old thread but I found this video very helpful on how to fill and top off cartomizers.

A double demo! The Cartomizer Condom Filling Method, and the Taryn Spin. - YouTube

Apart from the strange intro it worked for me.

I found this thread searching how one can tell cartomizers are empty and now I know, burned taste, no smoke. Except that it says you should stop before then but I'm not sure how one would know when to stop.

I'm sure I'll get to it, I just started vaping last night.

19. Slim Batz

Slim Batz Senior Member ECF Veteran

towards the battery connector ... use the same motion you would use to shake down a mercury thermometer. When I fill a new carto, I put in about 10 drops, quick shake down, 10 more drops, quick shake down, then top it off to full. I normally can start vaping it right away without having to wait.

20. IMV8PIN

IMV8PIN Full Member

Also you will see the top of the carto look white and a little empty. Just add a few drops. I don't wait til it's completely empty to fill. That way you avoid taking a chance of burning it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.