How do you prefer to mea sure your recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I mix mine by volume. I make 200ml at a time in a 250ml plastic bottle (I leave the extra room to allow a good shake once all the ingredients are added), then break that down into two 100ml squeeze bottles. I use glass graduated cylinders in 10ml and 100ml size to measure everything out. I only do unflavored, so I only have to worry about nic base, vg, pg, and distilled water.

Reactions: JCinFLA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I spend my summer hitting garage sales for anything flat bottom enough to mix my juices with my magnetic mixer. If you do decide to make or buy a magnetic mixer then you have to be careful of the jars or bottles you use cause they have concave bottoms and some are off center, some are worse than others and they will throw the stirbar at higher speeds. I found at a garage sale and I have no idea what it was used for flat bottomed Erlenmeyer flask looking piece without the top half. It mixes 100-200mls great and full power without throwing the stirbar. Since what you do with the mix after you set all the ingredients is important also I thought I'd throw in a plug about using a magnetic mixer. One thing I do disagree with is heating your mix after to speed up steeping, easy to overheat and caramelize the sweetener kickstarting the degrading process of your juice..

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I just wanted to apologies for my previous postings on this subject, in this thread and elsewhere, as I think I have been a bit to opiniated or how it's put, and really don't wanna be unhelpfull and pushy upon my own beliefs on others and also don't like this war between the good folks around these parts :)

Sorry, carry on :)

Bigbryantn

Nov 20, 2016
Tn
I just wanted to apologies for my previous postings on this subject, in this thread and elsewhere, as I think I have been a bit to opiniated or how it's put, and really don't wanna be unhelpfull and pushy upon my own beliefs on others and also don't like this war between the good folks around these parts :)

Sorry, carry on :)
Nothing wrong with being opinionated as long as your equally willing to accept others opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread