How good is It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
You can clean it with ETOH, then rinse with water. Most tanks can be cleaned using soapy water, then rinsed thoroughly.

I think it's just good practice to bring alcohol wipes with you if you are going to share your vape. I will not do that, but if I did, I'd use a wipe before handing it over (who knows what germs I am incubating) and after getting it back. It's just good practice (IMO), there are several things that can be transmitted via saliva. I do hope you feel better soon.

Mods don't generally need much cleaning (other than the exterior maybe, and what you'd use depends on the finish) unless e-juice runs down inside the 510 pin or something...

There are folks who use ultrasonic cleaners for their equipment too. I don't know much about them, but they sort of vaguely sound to me like a useful (but potentially expensive) item to have....

Feel better!

Anna

Hi Anna

Do you mean the inside of tanks need cleaned tanks that hold the juice ?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
They should usually be cleaned upon purchase, to remove any machining oil or other stuff that may be in there from the manufacturing process. If and when your coil goes bad, that's another great time to clean your tank-- you don't want any film or residue that may be left by toasted e-juice (I have found, generally, that if my coil goes bad, the juice inside the tank does too, and it's a good idea to clean then and start "fresh") as well as taking a look at your 510 connection (or whatever connection you have) when disconnecting your tank to clean it, I use q-tips to clean mine out and make sure no e-juice residue builds up in there, causing a problem.....

So yes, there are times you are going to want to clean your tank. Same thing if you encounter an e-juice you hate and want a different flavor-- you'd probably want to clean out your tank to make sure none of it is left, etc. Yes. Clean equipment tends to be happy equipment. Coils don't generally need cleaned, if they are drop in coils, but if you are switching flavors, or starting to get gunk around your coil, you can clean your coil then, often you can get the gunk (if there is any) out (q-tips, again, are useful for this) before it causes your coil to go bad. If you ever see bubbly, gunky stuff collecting around the coil (this can happen with very sweet or dark juices) you want to get that out of there, it will extend the life of the coil (potentially).

Anna

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
Thought I would mention I have only went through 10ml of juice in 4 days so that is 2.5ml a day which I'm told is a low amount to use. If that's true maybe I should within a few months lower even more maybe a year be down to 1ml a day to eventually zero and non nicotine juice. Or maybe I'll just use nicotine juice for years to come. I'm.lazy one thing I miss is just taking the cig out pack and smoking it no topping up juice no charging no replacing coils and cleaning of the cig :lol: but I'm over real cigs I can smell people now who smoke and they look ill ha

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Stav, it could be condensation in your drip tip, that happens from time to time. Sometimes, little wisps of vapor aren't inhaled, and they collect there. Also, depending on your technique, ah, it could be drool.

If your coil is flooded, juice may come out if you flick it or turn it over, but that shouldn't happen on a routine basis, really. Good idea Letitia had to carry a spare driptip for just that reason, that's even smarter than wiping it off....

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks Anna appreciate it. Wish I could post pic if my ecig. It's an aspire pockex

Your coil sits below your drip tip, and your juice wicks through that coil. When you fling your device, then it stands to reason that some little bit of juice is likely to move from your coil through your drip tip.

It happens as well even without flinging your device, as far as juice collecting as high as your drip tip. Your coil vaporizes your juice, and you inhale that vapor so you are continually moving juice through that drip tip, albeit in the form of vapor.. so you will have some juice build up in your drip tip. Normally it just makes it's way back down to your coil when your device is in an upright position, but if you fling your device, it's likely to go outward rather than back down to the coil.

This is normal - within reason. You will find that you need to periodically clean your drip tip with a qtip for this reason.

Here is a video about your device which shows you how to change the coil and all:

Last edited:

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
Cheers
Yeah been cleaning it every second day. I've been using facewipes as can't find alcohol wipes I stay in small city and it's not best for finding things. I'm enjoying vaping still missing the buzz from cigarettes though that numbness it gives your brain and in these crazy times numbing the brain is needed these days.

I'm actually using more juice now than I was inn the first 2 weeks

Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread