How have your tastes changed over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabolee

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia
I have noticed that since I took up vaping, my flavor preferences have continuously been changing. I started out vaping a menthol tobacco flavor because that is what I used to smoke. But that only lasted a few months. Next, I moved on to simple fruit flavors. Maybe a little mixing, but not too complex. Then I discovered more bready juices. I still love cakes, but today I prefer cereal-type flavors. I still like there to be a hint of fruit. But it's been interesting to see how my preferences have developed.

Since you stared to vape, what types of flavors have you guys been enjoying over time?

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Mine haven't, I vape 2 flavors one of which I started vaping over a year ago. The only thing I have changed is adding some unflavored to make the store bought last longer. But that's my personality I find something that works or I like and don't change, my equipment is the same way. I'm a big fan of the if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My Tastes have changed Significantly.

But not in that I don't like the Same Flavors I did when I Started. I still Do. I just like Less Flavoring in my e-Liquids. And use Unflavored much of the Time.

I used to want Intense, Double Shot, Face Melting e-Liquids. But I burned out on So Much Flavor.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I used to like pretty much everything, but now I have about 4 flavors that I vape and don't care for anything else. Hate tobacco flavors, I don't even like the smell of them. Don't care for fruity flavors either. I've got two mint blends, a custard that I like, and a straight vanilla mix, and that's it. I rotate between three of them each day, vaping the mints at work so my boss doesn't smell them (He knows I vape in my office, but some smells bother him) and swap between the custard and vanilla while I driver or am at home.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
When I started out vaping, I had tried several types of flavors. I pretty much stuck to the fruity ones. Never did try the bakery since I am not crazy about pastries in real life. I did try a tobacco but didn't realize there was a difference between a NET (just starting to become popular at the time) and tobacco 'flavoring'. The tobacco flavoring liquid, not for me.

After about a year, I decided to try one of those NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) vapes. O.M.G. fell in love.

Went from all fruity vapes to NET vapes and now I am down to a single NET. All Day, Every Day. :)

Yeah, my taste has changed over time.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
When I started out vaping, I had tried several types of flavors. I pretty much stuck to the fruity ones. Never did try the bakery since I am not crazy about pastries in real life. I did try a tobacco but didn't realize there was a difference between a NET (just starting to become popular at the time) and tobacco 'flavoring'. The tobacco flavoring liquid, not for me.

After about a year, I decided to try one of those NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) vapes. O.M.G. fell in love.

Went from all fruity vapes to NET vapes and now I am down to a single NET. All Day, Every Day. :)

Yeah, my taste has changed over time.

That's what happened in my vape experience, if it doesn't have NET it ain't for me. :D

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
I tired several peanut butter-chocolate blends to start off with. After reading about unflavored, I decided to take a chance. Now that's all I use. 50/50 24 unflavored....OYE!!
Was it and instant taking to or did you use flavored and unflavored together for a bit? I was thinking about going that route.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Was it and instant taking to or did you use flavored and unflavored together for a bit? I was thinking about going that route.

I know it wasn't directed towards me but I am a middle grounder, I don't like unflavored by itself but I love using it to "cut" my flavored juice with it 3:1. It still gives me that flavor that I love and makes the bottles I buy last 4 times as long.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Year 1 and 2 - Cola was my favorite flavor.
Year 3 and 4 - Cinnamon type flavors were my favorite.
Year 5 (current) - Black Pepper is my favorite.

I'll still get flavors with cinnamon, but don't really care if I order cola flavors any more. Partially cause year 1 had the best cola flavor I've tried, and haven't found anything like it, but mostly cause I still flavor explore.

I do recall hating on a (tobacco) flavor in year 1 that when I tried it again in year 2, I liked it.

Since then, I essentially separate everything into category of vapeable or not. Probably have had around 1% of stuff I've ever tried that was not vapeable.

Reactions: MMW

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
I know it wasn't directed towards me but I am a middle grounder, I don't like unflavored by itself but I love using it to "cut" my flavored juice with it 3:1. It still gives me that flavor that I love and makes the bottles I buy last 4 times as long.
Thanks! I was thinking about diluting and stepping down flavoring. Not sure why it's like that but very recently I've been more leaning towards simple subtleness.

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Oh yeah. When I started vaping 3 1/2 years ago, I could vape most anything. I believe that my senses of smell and taste were so trashed after 40+ years of heavy smoking, that I couldn't really taste anything. So I began with several cheaper tobacco flavors and I rather stupidly stocked up, buying 20 bottles.

About 2-3 months later all of those began to taste horrible. I was still convinced that I would need a tobacco flavor (no fruity stuff for me). So that began what is affectionately remembered in my household as "The great tobacco hunt of 2012". I sampled dozens of tobacco flavors from several companies to little or no avail.

It just so happens that one of those was a cherry tobacco flavor that I could tolerate, and that kept me going. It also led me to those fruity flavors that I was so sure were not for a guy like me. So for the next few months it was cherry, grape, blackberry, yada yada.

After about a year I tried unflavored liquid. It turns out that the best flavor for me was no flavor at all. Just a hint of sweet and the taste of nicotine. That's what I have been using for over 2 years.

Reactions: MMW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread