How have your juice preferences changed since you started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdg

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Eastern South Dakota
I started in 2009, and for over 3 years, I pretty much only vaped Dekang USA Mix and Desert Ship (it was Kamel when I first started) from madvapes or LiteCig. I tried some other juices, but USA was my adv the whole time. In 2013, I branched out a bit and ordered from mtbakervapor.com--several flavors. Now, I'm all about fruity beverage flavored juices, and while I know I'd still enjoy some good Dekang or Hangsen USA Mix or Desert Ship, I don't see myself rushing out to order them. Between Ecto Cooler and Hawk Sauce from mbv, my tastes have totally changed. How about you?

Diogenes

Moved On
Nov 5, 2013
Justice, IL
I'm the same way. When I started, I wanted tobacco flavors, and thought that the fruity flavors were too "girly" for me. Plus, coming from smoking, I wanted an easy transition. I did find some good tobacco flavors, but also had a lot of horrid flavors as well. I just started getting into the different fruity nonsense, they taste soo much better! I still hate watermelon and and peach flavors though.....

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Oh yeah, they've changed. I started with Chinese tobacco flavors, but after a couple of months, when my taste buds and sense of smell came back, I started hating those. I still thought I wanted tobacco, so I started on my great tobacco hunt. Lots of venders and lots of samples...long story short, I never found a good tobacco flavor. I turned to fruit and vaped cherry, grape, peach for a few months until I finally settled on pure unflavored juice for the last 4 months. Not saying that I wont change again, but for now, unflavored is what I like best.

MikeJA

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
California
I started with tobacco juices only. I think 24mg, 50VG/50PG while trying to figure things out. Never thought I'd enjoy the flavors I do today. Bubblegum! Ha! I would've laughed two years ago. Now it's in a tank.

I ordered pre-mixed juices until about 8 months ago. Haven't looked back. Currently @ 6mg, 80VG/20PG minimum on the VG side, and enjoying mixing my own flavors.

GolemGolem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
Arkansas
Exact opposite. My first kit came with like 10 flavors, and I loved the fruity stuff and the tobacco was nasty, and the menthol just kinda tooth-pasty. Then I got into RY4s, and now I dig a cheap DK TAB or USA MIX every now and again. Actual good tobacco juice too, but that stuff is spendy far as I can find. Still got a half bottle of apple that I used to like quite a bit that I only use when I'm out of everything else these days.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Yep - things I loved 2 months ago make me gag and things I couldn't handle then are everyday'ers for me now.

I've learned this: NEVER throw out a juice as it may just be your ADV later, and don't bank on your current vape nirvana staying that way.

Also, I couldn't stand to smoke menthol but I usually vape it about 5 times a week. Go figure.

jdg

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Eastern South Dakota
I'm the same way. When I started, I wanted tobacco flavors, and thought that the fruity flavors were too "girly" for me. Plus, coming from smoking, I wanted an easy transition. I did find some good tobacco flavors, but also had a lot of horrid flavors as well. I just started getting into the different fruity nonsense, they taste soo much better! I still hate watermelon and and peach flavors though.....

Oh man, there's nothing like artificial watermelon to induce a gag reflex.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I started out with my own DIY tobacco recipe and I still use it but I've branched out to fruits and baked items. I never thought I would love Black Cherry and Pineapple, esp. mixed together. I'm digging some Key Lime Pie that I made now. I even have my own Cheesecake (w/ripe Strawberry) and it's simply wonderful, to me that is. Nope, I never thought I'd be vaping anything but tobacco but I've been proven WRONG! :) Happy Vaping :vapor:

jdg

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Eastern South Dakota
I started out with my own DIY tobacco recipe and I still use it but I've branched out to fruits and baked items. I never thought I would love Black Cherry and Pineapple, esp. mixed together. I'm digging some Key Lime Pie that I made now. I even have my own Cheesecake (w/ripe Strawberry) and it's simply wonderful, to me that is. Nope, I never thought I'd be vaping anything but tobacco but I've been proven WRONG! :) Happy Vaping :vapor:
When you say DIY tobacco, what did you do to get the tobacco flavor? I've thought about putting some cigarette tobacco and some PG together to see what happens, but I have yet to do it.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
First flavor, I LIKED, which made it easy to go vaping full time.
It was a mild Turkish. Then I put a little vanilla in it and liked it better. Then went on a spree collecting "vanilla tobacco" from like everyplace. I'm STILL getting rid of it. But I didn't find one I loved for long.
And then I started expanding my scope, trying other stuff, til now my favorites are mostly RY4's and some fruity stuff - and my top 5 juices include 3 that are DIY. I could go weeks happy with my own RY4, my R-Y-Fruity, and my Strawbanana.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Nope. I started with a cherry, and despite a slight medicinal taste to it as most cherries do, I still love a good cherry. My current fave is contrary cherry from Ahlusion. I generally love fruit flavored vape in general, but I also really enjoy Irie Nights from Standard Vape, which is rum and brown sugar. I thought I'd like a coffee flavored vape, but the one I got was way too strong. Hazelnut coffee. I have a peach cobbler I've been meaning to try again after letting it steep a bit, but wasn't as thrilled with it as I thought I'd be. I love Georgia Peach from Pink spot though, like the peach ring candy. Mmmm... I'm thinking I want to try a cheesecake soon as well. Basically, I haven't run into a completely unvapeable juice yet. It's all better then cigs to me, which I can now smell from across a room now. When I started vaping I used to love second hand smoke. Now, it just ruins the taste of whatever I'm vaping. Not cool while vaping with smokers outside. I still like to go out, as I like to try and convert smokers.

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
Oh yes the tstes have flip flopped so many times, I have no idea what to buy. I'll like a flavor one week and then all of the sudden I'll just not like it anymore. There are exceptions of course. My first juice was a Dr Pepper that I still like. Also I have a liking for Mtbakervaper Spearmint. I received a 50 ml of that last week and I have done some damage in just 4 days. Considering it's just one of about 5 flavors I rotate every day. Otherwise The tastes just keep changing. I bought a french cured tobacco that at first i disliked then I really liked and now I can't stand it again. I have dropped my nic considerably so it will be used to flavor other things that I might find too sweet or delicate. I also didn't like Banana flavors at first and I have two different brands and I love them. Watermelon still makes me gag.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
It seems mine is changing all the time. Juices that I loved few months ago I can't stand and stuff that made me gag is now in my rotation. I should really stop throwing away any juices now....:vapor:

Thanks, good to know.. I'm going through this now

Except not a few months ago -- but just a few weeks ago! :ohmy:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I started 2 and 1/2 years ago with tobacco flavors... I wanted that cigarette taste. I went from cheap LF tobacco flavors to Liquid Express Honey Flue Cured tobacco for the first year. I tried some bakery flavors but they were a little sweet and soft for me. I still wanted a harsh smoky feel. Then I fell in love with Halo flavors specifically their Tiki Juice, HXC and Southern Classic. Now, I am more into some softer fruity flavors and tart or sweet candy flavors with and occasional Minty/ Menthol mixed in. I am excited to start DIY and experimenting with all of the flavor possibilities.
It's not about smoking anymore, it's all about Vaping.:2cool:

GaG8tor

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
Acworth, Ga. United States
I always thought I wouldn't like the fruity flavors either. Started with blus and really like there regular tobacco. I always have one around for backup. Funny thing when I bought my Vision Spinner kit a week ago the 2 juices I bought are Blackberry Bourbon and Rum Tobacco. Both 16ml. Both from Vapor Locker USA. Not sure about the PG/VG ratio. I'm also going through the taste buds changing now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread