How many other's have you encountered vaping

Discussion in 'E-Cigarettes in Public' started by Lauralie, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lauralie

Lauralie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have been vaping since August and have yet to run into anyone else that vapes (well except for the people here at work I have converted - yeah me).

I live in Central, MO so just curious if location has anything to do with it. Would be interested to see how many people have or have not encountered another vapor in their daily routines?:confused:

2. Shel

Shel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Zip Zero Nada Nobody....

And I'm in Los Angeles. I vape at some of the nicest restaurants in Beverly Hills (not as often as I'd like, but...) and I'm the ONLY ONE!

I've vaped at Disneyland, Universal Studios, everywhere, and in six, eight months haven't seen another vaper! (well, other then, as you said, people I'm introducing to vaping, and there have been a few)

Strange.

3. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not a single soul, outside of people I work with. I hope to gain a couple converts from two of my siblings come Christmas time. But, they know I vape and don't seem terribly interested.

4. Lauralie

Lauralie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

So is everyone closet vapers? Not me - I like showing people and they are usually very inquisitive. I intend to make up some business cards (not for business purposes) but with this website and some companies I buy from just so people don't have to try to remember what I tell them. Small intro to vaping to get them reading!

5. Brutus Buckeye

Brutus Buckeye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Same here, no one other than the co-worker who got me started and the wife who I converted.

6. Luvs5rugrats

Luvs5rugrats Super Member ECF Veteran

I met one at the local fair here and I was puffing along on my ego. A woman walked up to me and asked if it was an electronic cig and then and showed me her mall-type unit. I gave her my favorite vendor's card and jotted down this forum address. So far, that's it and she had approached me because I was using mine. She seemed genuinely surprised that I was happy and had completely stopped smoking. She was not using hers but pulled it out of her bag.

I was in Wal-mart a few weeks ago and had my ego in my hand and walked by an older man who gave me a smile and a wink....so he was ether a perv, because he was with a woman I assumed to be his wife or he recognized what I had in my hand. lol

AND...I really like your sig counter, so I done stole one for myself. :)

7. Brutus Buckeye

Brutus Buckeye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks Luv, yeah I liked that one also, not sure how accurate it is but I will be glad when my lung function gets to where yours is!

8. ajrily

ajrily Full Member

I'm in NW Arkansas- Just my wife and I and one co-worker vape. My wife started a couple of days before me and I got my co-worker to try it. That's it around here that I've seen so far.

9. Phantompigbee5

Phantompigbee5 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I started in August and I vape in public places, but have never come across another one. Its like Louie in Anne Rice's book Interview With A Vampire, there's got to be another one out there somewhere!

10. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I started to go for it. A couple things stopped me.
    #1 It requires you to give you email address.
    #2 It attempts to calculate $$ saved and cigarettes avoided ... neither calculation ever works right on any banner I've tried. That's why I stopped using them.
    Oh well.

11. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I just posted this on another thread. I know a few people who vape, but have only run into one random vaping stranger.

12. Knowone

Knowone Full Member

I've encountered two other PV users here in NM. Both were using what looked to be pretty large, modded, high-level PVs. They both used the drip method.

I also have two friends who got into it at around the same time I did, and one other friend more recently.

13. Archer

Archer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Zip! I haven't even found anyone that knows what vaping is. I guess that's part of what makes ECF special.

14. LeAnn

LeAnn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have been wondering the same thing. I live in Central Il. and other than my sister-in-law I have never seen anyone vaping in public,she got me started, I do vape when I am out but try to be discreet cause I don't want anyone to banish me from vaping. I do carry cards from V4L that explains what they are but only give them out to friends when they ask about me vaping.
    They do sell them at the mall and the guy there told me that he got kicked out of the theater for vaping, that would really piss me off, but guess he gave them his card and the next day they called his boss and told him he was sorry.

15. PoliticallyIncorrect

PoliticallyIncorrect Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Not a soul--at least not so far as I know. There's a possibility, of course, that someone vaping an M402 or some other cigarette-clone could have flown below my radar.

I've made a point, when vaping in the wild, to do so with a large battery mod that can't be mistaken for anything else in hopes of smoking out any vapers in my midst. No luck.

16. aziffel

aziffel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

:laugh:I will do that once in a while just to see if I get any reaction,some people are interested some ain't,but they all say the same thing-'what the h--- are you smoking?":vapor:-oh yeah,I haven't seen any vaper's except my brother and his wife(I was so impressed by the joye eGo/totally wicked tornado I got them a pair):headbang:

17. BradSmith

BradSmith Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I have converted a bunch of my friends and I have seen around a dozen people vaping. I play at a few bars in the area and we now have a smoking ban so I think vaping is taking off more all the time. It gets damn cold this time of year in Northern Michigan so who wants to stand out in the cold freezing your keester off?

18. PoliticallyIncorrect

PoliticallyIncorrect Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That'll work for awhile. But little by little, as vaping takes off to a point that has to be confronted, I'm afraid we'll wind up in the back of the bus with the smokers--or under the bus: TriMet To Ban E-Cigarettes, Allow Some Carts - Portland News Story - KPTV Portland

19. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not counting the 10 vapers I have converted I have seen zero in public

20. BradSmith

BradSmith Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

That's messed up right there. Who the hell do these people think they are? They obviously haven't bothered to learn one thing about vaping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.