AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It feels like I drank a couple pots of espresso :D

Heh... that's actually my first sign of nic OD, before the stomach pains... I start talking a mile a minute. :D I'm glad I finally figured out the correct level for me (10mg, +/-) because I didn't like that jittery hyper feeling at all -- I used to LIVE that way, but have managed to get almost entirely caffeine-free. :thumb:

But, I figured out that I had to make my strawberry & cream around 9.5mg, because it's so tasty I'll vape myself right into a talkathon if I'm not very careful. :D

Andria

Reactions: Jimi D.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
That's correct; WTA is 95% nicotine. Wholecig's is NOT "WTA infused ejuice" -- it's unflavored WTA. So theirs contains 24mg WTA -- and 95% of that 24mg is nicotine.

Andria

Based on what you have told me and with a review of the WholeCig website, it seems that by weight, WTA (nicotine aside) can be worth 10 to 15 times what gold is worth.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Based on what you have told me and with a review of the WholeCig website, it seems that by weight, WTA (nicotine aside) can be worth 10 to 15 times what gold is worth.

It certainly is to me! When I had to get and stay smoke-free the 2nd time, I couldn't have done it without the WTA -- the whole point to me of e-cigs was that it made quitting so easy, but when those horrible cravings struck, the only thing that fixed them was WTA. without it, I'd have gone back to smoking and probably stayed there, no question about it.

Andria

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
This is a good way to measure total nicotine delivery (though not consumption / absorption) and I agree with the OP that it is a better measure than simply asking what strength is used - a person using 36mg strength might only consume 2ml a day, and a person using 12mg might use 10ml a day, for example. Asking what strength they consume, on its own, does not provide much useful information, at least as regards how much is generated in the vapor overall.

But we do need to remember that many other factors operate here, especially as regards how much is delivered to / absorbed by the user:
- It has been well-demonstrated that cigalikes and mid-size ecigs with cartos and tanks transfer about 50% on average of the nicotine in the refill liquid to the vapor (the range of efficiency varies between 10% and 80%);
- Established tests of RBA efficiency are not available;
- Delivery of huge clouds does not necessarily mean that all the nicotine in the vapor is available to the consumer since in some cases the majority of the vapor is quickly exhaled;
- People vary by a factor of 10 in their tolerance to nicotine, in any case.

Reactions: Cool_Breeze

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
For fun I thought I would figure out what I am at. According the the calculations as stated in the first post, I am 30mg per day.

I have lowered my nic since I started vaping but have not significantly increased the amount of liquid I used. The device has changed and that resulted in a slight increase in the amount used.

Going by the calculations, when I started vaping I was at 120mg per day :shock: Really?? O.M.G.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Yeah well Robino, you were probably only getting half that in the vapor, and maybe less. With most cigalikes it would have been less - same for cartos on an eGo (and most likely in a cartotank too).

Not that any of it matters because the effect of 100mg on person #37 is the same as 10mg on person #93. And all points between. I can pour 36mg on my arm and leave it there, it has no effect. Wouldn't advise that for someone who vapes 6mg out of an eGo though :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Robino1

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
For fun I thought I would figure out what I am at. According the the calculations as stated in the first post, I am 30mg per day.

I have lowered my nic since I started vaping but have not significantly increased the amount of liquid I used. The device has changed and that resulted in a slight increase in the amount used.

Going by the calculations, when I started vaping I was at 120mg per day :shock: Really?? O.M.G.

Based on my experience, you could probably switch to nicotine gum for most of the day. Get the Fresh Fruit one, the Mint is terrible.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Based on my experience, you could probably switch to nicotine gum for most of the day. Get the Fresh Fruit one, the Mint is terrible.

TMJ. I can't chew gum for very long or my jaw pops. I know you're not supposed to chew it (yeah, it was one of my try to quit methods that failed) but really, how can you have gum in your mouth and NOT chew?!? :lol:

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Well then maybe the lozenges. I didn't try them but I heard they're pretty good to the point of having a shortage of them on the market right now.

The other thing is the nicorette quickmist. It's less pleasant than gum but is spectacularly effective in cutting off a craving, however it's too strong for us tootle puffers. The trick is to rinse your mouth with water after some 10 seconds or it will make you sick. Never use it in a place where you can't quickly rinse.

The inhaler (the little tube with cartridges) doesn't help and smells like ashtray. I'd say avoid.

Reactions: Robino1

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well then maybe the lozenges. I didn't try them but I heard they're pretty good to the point of having a shortage of them on the market right now.

The other thing is the nicorette quickmist. It's less pleasant than gum but is spectacularly effective in cutting off a craving, however it's too strong for us tootle puffers. The trick is to rinse your mouth with water after some 10 seconds or it will make you sick. Never use it in a place where you can't quickly rinse.

The inhaler (the little tube with cartridges) doesn't help and smells like ashtray. I'd say avoid.

I've just got to ask.. why use any of those methods, when one could simply vape? I can't chew gum, dental problems; the lozenges sound disgusting; and I already know the patch doesn't work, and itches horribly (and nearly always causes me a nic OD). So why bother with any of that, when vaping works so well?

Andria

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I've just got to ask.. why use any of those methods, when one could simply vape? I can't chew gum, dental problems; the lozenges sound disgusting; and I already know the patch doesn't work, and itches horribly (and nearly always causes me a nic OD). So why bother with any of that, when vaping works so well?

Andria

'Cause I want to get off vapes too....

I didn't mention the patch as in my experience it's as terrible as you described it.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
'Cause I want to get off vapes too....

I didn't mention the patch as in my experience it's as terrible as you described it.

Ah, I wondered. Didn't even think of that, since it's not even on my radar. :) But... I was thinking you were already vaping 0mg?

Andria

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Ah, I wondered. Didn't even think of that, since it's not even on my radar. :) But... I was thinking you were already vaping 0mg?

Andria

Yes, and it was keeping me addicted to inhaling something (albeit just flavours). So I'm trying now a different approach, as my goal is to become an occasional (aka not daily) vaper/smoker/whatever. I'm not working towards complete, absolute cessation of everything, I'm looking to just get to a point where I don't feel any urge.

I had a period in my life where I was "occasional smoker" - and I don't regret it at all. I'm looking at getting back there, whethers it's cigs or ecigs or little cigars. I'm not anti-tobacco, I'm just fighting to reduce from excess/abuse.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
P.S. What some imbecils in the Tobacco Control Industry don't seem to get is that once people find something pleasurable for them (like wine or cigarettes), telling them to completely give up for the rest of their lives is a very difficult proposition.

Pretty much as with alcohol, they would need to look at moderation not prohibition.

But they just want to repeat the stupidity of the Prohibition.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yes, and it was keeping me addicted to inhaling something (albeit just flavours). So I'm trying now a different approach, as my goal is to become an occasional (aka not daily) vaper/smoker/whatever. I'm not working towards complete, absolute cessation of everything, I'm looking to just get to a point where I don't feel any urge.

I had a period in my life where I was "occasional smoker" - and I don't regret it at all. I'm looking at getting back there, whethers it's cigs or ecigs or little cigars. I'm not anti-tobacco, I'm just fighting to reduce from excess/abuse.

Makes sense; I had to find the right nic level to keep me satisfied without incessant chainvaping, which is bad for my asthma, but still keep it low enough that I don't get nic sick if I happen to vape a bit more than usual -- a delicate balance!! :) I've been at 10mg for a while now, and it seems to be the "magic number."

I suppose it's *possible* that I might one day give up vaping too, strictly because of the asthma, but I really don't look for that, after smoking for 3/4 of my life -- when I explained that to my doctor, he agreed that it was best to fight one battle at a time -- smoking -- and not worry too much about future happenings -- even if vaping still causes my asthma some problems, it's still so much better than smoking. I'm just glad that my doc is a realist, instead of one of those idealists who just insist that someone with asthma shouldn't be doing either -- obviously that's true, but I have to pick the battle I can actually win. :D

Andria

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Andria, I agree with you and after experiencing it personally, I believe that moving too fast to a too low nic target is counterproductive as one may end up inhaling liters of PG and possibly even too much nic.

There is this gentleman here @DC2 that succesfully kept constant mg and reduced frequency to the point he has no cravings. Maybe he will chime in and share his experience.

Reactions: AndriaD

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Even this way of measuring may be misleading - cloud chasers to low cloud vapers while they may be using more are not necessarily absorbing more.

Nicotine is absorbed in the mucus membranes and through skin. Most cloud chasers are LUNG HITTERS running a juice gobling coil. They get more nic exposure than someone that takes a mouth puff and exhales. There are such membranes the mouth, nose and throat. Where most of the nic get absorbed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread