How much is your daily nicotine intake in average?

How much is your daily nicotine intake in average?

• <10

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 10-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 30-50

• 50-75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75-100

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • >100

• Don't know/don't care

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Been thinking about the same thing lately. How much is good for some, and how much is not for others. Nicotine is a artery constrictor. For some it might not matter much, but for others, to much might be problematic...question is how much to whom..?
I do about 4ml of 12mg per day. That gives me 48mg per day. Don't really know what effect that has on my 61 year old arteries...:p.
Although I feel no ill effects, I am still thinking about it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know, I don't care. I'm a hyper metabolizer anyway, so even if I painstakingly measured every setup I have, (or went to just ONE for the day) well, I don't know how meaningful the overall amount would be anyway.

I just try to be healthy in other areas of my life, my blood pressure and whatnot is fine, I get labs done as needed, and I don't fret.

I did not sit around calculating my nicotine levels as a 3 ppd smoker, and I'm not going to do it now.

Interestingly, when I got sick enough to switch to vaping, my docs didn't much care either. The fact of the matter is, they were far more worried about TAR and how close I was getting to good and dx with COPD. To them, the nicotine levels were absolutely immaterial. They care about my cholesterol levels and need them to be lower due to the fact that I WAS a smoker, but they still only really care about my cholesterol and frankly that number, medically, seems to be an ever moving target as well.

I'm just not worried about it, and if I ever should be I'm sure my docs will inform me of such. Etc.

Anna

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
How much nicotine is in an average cigarette? 12 mg. Ultra can be as low as 8, Reds as high as 20. That's per cigarette.
I vape between 5-10 ml a day @3mg, less nicotine intake ,by far, than when I smoked. I was a 3/4 pd at the end. 12x 15= 180mg per day.
If you're worried about your nicotine intake from vaping begin dropping your level. If you're at 12 get a bottle of 6 next time you but (or make) juice, mix half/half to drop it to 9 or another ratio to drop to 10 or 11. After acclimating to that switch over to just the 6 then mix 6 with 3 you drop more, then 3 and 1 (or 0) until you reach your goal. I'll take some time but it's still a whole lot less than in a cigarette, no matter where you start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Depends on the day. I dont stick to any particular mg.
Last week I was using 4mg this week 9mg, a few weeks ago I was going between 3mg and 18mg. Some days I dont use nic at all.
Sometimes nic hits me like a hammer and I can feel the weight of it, its not a good feeling, its a hard feeling, unpleasant. That same mg 2 days earlier mightve felt light and fluffy and altogether good.
Whether Im using 3mg or 9mg I dont use much past 3ml. 12mg and over and I will drop down to 2ml or less or vape some nic free in between nic hits.
I guess you could put me down for between 0 and 24mg

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
If you're worried about your nicotine intake from vaping begin dropping your level.
That's exactly is my 'problem'...I don't want to drop. I love the throat hit..I vape mostly for the throat hit. What can I say...i'm natural smoker.
Why i'm thinking more about it, is because of the pods that are getting better and better and more refined by the day..I think it'll be the go to for us MTLrs in future and i'm on board already...maybe DL to..? I'm upping the nice more and more since i'm doing pods more...
Point i'm trying to make..pods needs more nicotine..lots more to be effective enough. That'll move me into the high nic intake. When does high become to high (if any) for my cardio system... I don't know if its a potential problem or if it can even be...?
I need more info on this.

Last edited:

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
I'll ask you again...What has low or high vapor production got to do with nicotine absorbtion?

the more vapor is produced the more juice is being turned into vapor. So when you have are on low Nic on a sub-ohm device each puff actually has more vapor and thus more Nic it. Your lungs are only so efficient at absorbing the nicotine from the vapor though and they do get saturated in any given amount of time. So even if you take a giant puff there is a limit to how much Nic your lungs can absorb. Lots of vapor low density of nicotine.

with a high Nic device theres very little vapor produced but the vapor is denser with Nic which affects how much can be absorb at a given given production.

It's not that hard.

Reactions: stols001

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Ah so you can talk....!
You forgot the mouth and nasal cavities. Nic is absorbed equally there, as in the lungs.
For me, in a pod, more or less vapour, with more or less nic, is absorbed the same as less or more nic in less or more vapour...
It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread