how to protect kanger mini protank 2 from drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Texas
Replacement glass for the Protank 2 mini is less than $3.00. It is available almost anywhere the Protank 2 mini is sold. Get one now just in case. Although it is highly unlikely that a speck of Pyrex glass could go through the coil into the mouth piece I would not want to take the chance when a $3.00 solution is readily available.

There is a metal sleeve available for the Aerotank mini. I do not think it will fit the Protank 2 mini but it may be worthwhile to contact a couple of dealers to ask.

Last edited:

anendeloflorien

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
College Station, TX
From what my local vendor was telling me, my understanding was the replacement glass for the PT2, PT3, and Aerotank minis were interchangeable. They're all the same dimensions. I'm pretty sure that includes the stainless tank as well, but can somebody else chime in here and confirm?

Not 100% sure about the minis but I have the SS tank from my wife's aerotank V2 on my Protank 3 and it fits like a glove! I assume their "mini" product line is built the same way with interchangeable tanks. I love the SS tank, only thing is it cuts down the internal volume by a bit and it's hard to tell when you need to refill.

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
Replacement glass for the Protank 2 mini is less than $3.00. It is available almost anywhere the Protank 2 mini is sold. Get one now just in case. Although it is highly unlikely that a speck of Pyrex glass could go through the coil into the mouth piece I would not want to take the chance when a $3.00 solution is readily available.

There is a metal sleeve available for the Aerotank mini. I do not think it will fit the Protank 2 mini but it may be worthwhile to contact a couple of dealers to ask.

the replacements in india are expensive and not easily available plus shops don't sell vape products yet, everything needs to be purchased online and its take about 7 days to arrive.

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
I went to the plumbing section of our local hardware store and purchased a pack of rubber O rings (I don't recall the diameter) and slipped 3 of them snuggly around each of my two protank mini's glasstubes. My tanks have fallen on the floor a few times and no breakage as of yet!

I really liked your idea, its simple effective and cheap and makes a nice protective case.thank you

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Just though I'd add that they aren't as breakable as you'd think. I was a klutz to start with and now have nerve damaged hands, and in over a year of vaping using glass tanks after the second week (no, you really don't want to put hot cinnamon in a polycarbonate tank) I've actually only broken one. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread