The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Coils & The Kanger Mini Protank 3

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by maybeshewill, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. maybeshewill

maybeshewill Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Tatooine
    Hello, it's been some time but I've been really busy with a lot of things, including but not limited to college.

I recently purchased the Kanger Mini Protank 3 in a late night splurge. Long story :D It should be here in a day or two.

I have some questions before/as my order comes in.

1.The coils are at a 1.5 Ohm ressistance. Now, normally this would warrant a 3.4~ voltage (on a eGo VV battery).
    However, someone told me the Mini Protank 3 coils are 'different' (?) and can survive higher voltage even at 1.5. Is this true?

2.If you have a Kanger Mini Protank 3, how are you enjoying it so far?

3.The review promises 'no burnt flavour'. Now I know this obviously subject to a lot of conditions, but how does the MP3 fair on reliability? An extension of question 2 although a bit more specific. You might like it but think it's only good in some cases, etc.

Thank you for any responses.

2. pokemom

pokemom Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I like the MPT 3, but I don't like the draw as much as I like the draw on the MPT 2. I think the 3 is a good little tank. It has given me a lot less trouble than the 2, but I find it to be MUCH airier a draw. Great for lung hits, not great for mouth to lung because I lose too much vapor. I also don't like the skinny drip tip, but that is an easy solve.

I usually run my evod vv on 4.0 using a 1.8 coil on it.

Hope that helps. Good Luck and welcome back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. maybeshewill

maybeshewill Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Tatooine
    Thanks. My MPT3 arrived in the mail but I missed post service hours so I didn't pick it up, heh.

As for the airy draw, A simple fix to make it more 'tight' would be to cover one of the air flow holes at the base while inhaling (using your finger), or even a clear piece of celotape around. I've even heard of breaking off a toothpick into one. Maybe it could work for you.

4. nelska

nelska Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    ohio
    any non rebuildable will only last you a couple weeks tops. Before you have to buy new coil replacements. although, the kanger miniprotank 3 is actually easily rebuildable,(check youtube), you'll want to eventually upgrade to a kayfun lite plus. Only because in the long run it's the exact same thing, just bigger better and easier to maintain. lol.

I started with that and then upgraded. May I also highly suggest a variable wattage device.

It's all personal preference..
    I just prefer cotton wicks and using less lung power(the kayfun's are just so much easier to hit.)
    Not to mention variable wattage just seems to be a cleaner power-source to draw from.

I use a 1.5ohm 6 coil wrap at 5/64th diameter set to 6 watts vaping 90% VG 3mg liquid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.