Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
After reading a post by a new member whose Ego mini exploded after using it with the wrong charger, I thought I'd do a quick post on using a a lipo safe battery charging bag. With this post I want to show you a few pics on how to use a charging bag. These aren't just for use with mods/APVs, but can be used with any size pv. More explanation after the pics.

2012-12-01 22.55.39.jpg 2012-12-01 22.56.00.jpg 2012-12-01 22.56.47.jpg 2012-12-01 22.57.37.jpg 2012-12-01 22.58.18.jpg

Click on the pics for a bigger view. The pics start off with the charger, then I have it in a metal pan. I usually put the bag in the pan, but got a better photo of it out of the pan.
The last pic shows the LED lights on the charger. Some people say they don't like not being able to see the charger LED lights, because its best to remove a battery once charged. With this one I can see the LED through the bag. With smaller pv batteries this is different of course, but they can still be put in the bag, and a charging bag is a good asset to have.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
One other little tip which may or not be applicable, but I've found overall it's not a good idea to charge batteries back to back (that is, charge one batch, then immediately charge another batch) inside the bag. The heat seems to build up in there and it stresses the works. Give things a bit of time to "cool down" before doing a second batch of batteries. That's just something that I've noticed. Others may not. I also seal the bag with a bit of a gap so air can get in there...for the same reason. It's sealed good, but I just bend the flap into a sort of "tube" so there's a bit of air circulation that can get in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread