How to wire the DNA charger WITHOUT DNA 12/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Man, you are all over this forum...thank you so much for your answer...

The box is an aluminum box that you screw the door onto, so either I used this charger, or carry a screwdriver...I won't use it as a passthrough, but thanks for the comment because it is one of those things that I was wondering.

You da man, and hopefully, once I have less questions, ill try my hand at one of your more complicated mods :)

Take care,

Lou

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
There have been a few reports that it can cause the board to malfunction (stop charging). I've built at least 10 mods with this charger and only had one charger board go bad. It happened to be the only mod that I vaped while charging. Maybe just a coincidence, but the board had to be replaced.

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
There have been a few reports that it can cause the board to malfunction (stop charging). I've built at least 10 mods with this charger and only had one charger board go bad. It happened to be the only mod that I vaped while charging. Maybe just a coincidence, but the board had to be replaced.
That's good to know.

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365962846.181331.jpg
So something like this?
Atti center red to switch to on/off to charger +

Switch center to bat -

Atti - to bat -
Charger - to bat -

L

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Hey guys, please help...
I cant get it to work...

Here's what I've done.
I am using this alumin(i)um box
Boîtier aluminium 52.5 x 38 x 31 mm Hammond Electronics 11451PSLA sur le site Internet Conrad | 522356
One of the tactile buttons from Madvapes
On/off switch
and DNA charger

I made mechanical connections outside the box, and it vaped, so I put everything in the xox, soldered what needed to be soldered, and now nothing.
I checked if any wires were touching somewhere they shouldnt be...checked continuity on everything, tried a different switch..NADA...everything seems to be in the right place and functioning the way it should be except for the small little issue that it doesn't work...at least not once I've put it into the box :(

I couldnt get the led to work (the one from the vv madvapes kit) so I put that aside and wired as follows
Center atti to switch (I cut off the 2 legs of the switch I would not be using)
Other side switch to left on/off
Left/on off to charger +
middle on/off to Bat+
charger - to bat -
Atti neg to bat -

I decided to secure the atti - using an oring from the inside of the box to act as a heat sink and as something to hold the wire in place, but when it wasnt working I removed that, just to make sure that this was not the problem, and it was not.
I elevated the charger, and put some electrical tape on the connections so that they are not touching the case (or each other) but that didnt make it work
I put electrical tape around the on/off switch in case some metal was touching the box still nothing
I took the switch out of the hole I made for it, jut to make sure that it wasnt touching something it shouldn't, but still that did nothing...

The 510 connection is press fit onto the Aluminum box...could that be doing something that it shouldn't? since the box is maybe acting as the atti -?
If I dont get an answer from anyone, i'll try to find something plastic drill the hole a little wider and put the plastic and 510 back in and try again (sorry thinking while I type)

This is really frustrating...

Thanks,

Lou

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Very poor picture...can't tell what the parts are.....also not completely wired so can't tell what you did....

my guess is that the on/off switch is not rated for 3 amps and the tactile switch is not rated for the current going thru it.. and can't tell anything from the picture about the atty connector....

sorry I can't be of more help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread