Hullo everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.P. Ambrutis

Jun 10, 2017
Long time smoker. Heavy. Wife long time smoker, heavier than me. She ends up with pneumonia, which almost killed her. In the hospital for a month, 15 days of it, me holding her hand while she was unconscious on a ventilator. And while that month was the most stressful ever, I smoked for both of us lol. But I knew cigs were gonna have to go. Matter of fact, many of the docs stressed, smoke again, and you could die this time.

So I started to transition to vapeing. Hard at first because I was using crap convenience store e-cigs. On the advice of some folks at my local vape shop, I started to move up to the real stuff. Y'know, first and eVod, then eVod Twist II, eleaf 40 watt istick (20 bucks) and now finally a real mod, just got my iJoy Captain PD270, which I love.

Now, I'm hooked. At first I'd smell the smoke, and want one. Even bummed one off a stranger because my battery was dead. Now. Nope. Not even tempted. Alas, my wife went back to 'light smoking' and I can have a conversation with her while she smokes and I vape...and it doesn't bother me at all. Every time I think of it, I think, why the hell would I want suck that crap in and taste that horrible burn, when I can push a button, and get this satisfying billow cloud of Jolly Rancher Grape candy?

So I'm done. I'm here. Looking forward to learning more. Next on my list is rda's and getting my wife to at least try it.

Thanks everyone.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Hello and welcome to ecf and the world of vaping :)

You've definitely chosen well and are on the right track.
Once you realize how bad those cancer sticks smell you know you've won the war.

Very sorry to hear about what happened with your wife and i sincerely hope she likes vaping as much as you do when you make her try it.
Another great decision on your part is wanting to get into RDAs. The flavor is a million times better than the sub ohm tanks and the clouds are amazing too. You'll fall in love with vaping all over again once you try it. But I'd advice you to learn about battery safety and ohms law before you start building coils and using rdas.
We're here if you have any questions or want any advice.
Happy vaping :)

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Long time smoker. Heavy. Wife long time smoker, heavier than me. She ends up with pneumonia, which almost killed her. In the hospital for a month, 15 days of it, me holding her hand while she was unconscious on a ventilator. And while that month was the most stressful ever, I smoked for both of us lol. But I knew cigs were gonna have to go. Matter of fact, many of the docs stressed, smoke again, and you could die this time.

So I started to transition to vapeing. Hard at first because I was using crap convenience store e-cigs. On the advice of some folks at my local vape shop, I started to move up to the real stuff. Y'know, first and eVod, then eVod Twist II, eLeaf 40 watt iStick (20 bucks) and now finally a real mod, just got my iJoy Captain PD270, which I love.

Now, I'm hooked. At first I'd smell the smoke, and want one. Even bummed one off a stranger because my battery was dead. Now. Nope. Not even tempted. Alas, my wife went back to 'light smoking' and I can have a conversation with her while she smokes and I vape...and it doesn't bother me at all. Every time I think of it, I think, why the hell would I want suck that crap in and taste that horrible burn, when I can push a button, and get this satisfying billow cloud of Jolly Rancher Grape candy?

So I'm done. I'm here. Looking forward to learning more. Next on my list is RDA's and getting my wife to at least try it.

Thanks everyone.
Congrats and welcome JP. The Captain is cool.
a4c41021f083037a5ee9a82406a56df7.jpg

Sent from tomorrow

J.P. Ambrutis

Jun 10, 2017
Thanks guys :banana:
Very sorry to hear about what happened with your wife and i sincerely hope she likes vaping as much as you do when you make her try it.
Another great decision on your part is wanting to get into RDAs. The flavor is a million times better than the sub ohm tanks and the clouds are amazing too. You'll fall in love with vaping all over again once you try it. But I'd advice you to learn about battery safety and ohms law before you start building coils and using rdas.
We're here if you have any questions or want any advice.
Happy vaping :)
Thanks, problem is, I can't make her do anything. We tried the cheap ones years ago, I don't understand her resistance now. One of the reasons just pneumonia and smoking almost killed her because she's a cancer survivor, and chemo has ravaged her immune system. One respiratory tech said, if a month in here without a cigarette, and you quit, and she still struggles with it, for godssake get her to vape instead.

The RDA's, Im looking forward to, for now I'm more than satisfied with my Baby Beast, and even more so now that I grabbed the M2 atomizers. Ohms law I've got covered pretty well. Raised by a Vietnam Army Radioman, and lifetime amateur radio operator and builder. We've been talking on the phone a lot, because he wants to wrap his brain around it. Between us, and you guys and the very helpful people at my local vape shop, Im gonna be safe.

Actually, next investment is gonna be a sub-ohm dry material atomizer. I live in a state that had a medical marijuana law, (past tense because we now passed a recreational law I voted against) and I was prescribed its use by three doctors, which was more than fine by me. Lol. And now, it's a vital part of just two other meds, and I'm seizure-free. BUT now that I'm not smoking, I hate the taste and feeling of burnt smoke of any kind going into my lungs. Baking it enough to release the active ingredients without combustion is completely different, and that's the next goal. Nothing but vapor. Hate smoke.

Congrats and welcome JP. The Captain is cool.
Thanks! And yeah, so far I love it. Plenty of room to grow with me down the road. I put clear packing tape, and cut with a craft razor over the LCD screen until I can get a different screen protector.
IMG_20170611_000112597.jpg

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Thanks guys :banana:

Thanks, problem is, I can't make her do anything. We tried the cheap ones years ago, I don't understand her resistance now. One of the reasons just pneumonia and smoking almost killed her because she's a cancer survivor, and chemo has ravaged her immune system. One respiratory tech said, if a month in here without a cigarette, and you quit, and she still struggles with it, for godssake get her to vape instead.

The RDA's, Im looking forward to, for now I'm more than satisfied with my Baby Beast, and even more so now that I grabbed the M2 atomizers. Ohms law I've got covered pretty well. Raised by a Vietnam Army Radioman, and lifetime amateur radio operator and builder. We've been talking on the phone a lot, because he wants to wrap his brain around it. Between us, and you guys and the very helpful people at my local vape shop, Im gonna be safe.

Actually, next investment is gonna be a sub-ohm dry material atomizer. I live in a state that had a medical ......... law, (past tense because we now passed a recreational law I voted against) and I was prescribed its use by three doctors, which was more than fine by me. Lol. And now, it's a vital part of just two other meds, and I'm seizure-free. BUT now that I'm not smoking, I hate the taste and feeling of burnt smoke of any kind going into my lungs. Baking it enough to release the active ingredients without combustion is completely different, and that's the next goal. Nothing but vapor. Hate smoke.

Thanks! And yeah, so far I love it. Plenty of room to grow with me down the road. I put clear packing tape, and cut with a craft razor over the LCD screen until I can get a different screen protector. View attachment 663737
It actually comes with a screen protector already on it, mine just bubbled off the other day.

Sent from tomorrow

Reactions: Eskie

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm very glad you've made the transition to vaping, and have gotten off the smokes. It's never too late to do that!

Perhaps, if you still have the Evod, the Twist, the iStick 40W, etc. that you used to slowly progress...your wife might be more inclined to want to try vaping, too. If they're long gone or they no longer work...I'd recommend getting similar set-ups for her to begin with.

I've helped several people get off the smokes and onto vaping, and 3 of the women and 2 of the men started out the same way. Easy to use, mouth to lung devices, with 1.2ohm coils or higher, along with a couple different eliquids they liked...worked for them.

I wish you success in hopefully helping her switch to vaping, too. It's amazing how much simple encouragement and support (rather than nagging) can help people with switching...once they're inclined to at least try it.

Last edited:

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Thanks, problem is, I can't make her do anything
Don't try to to make her do it, tempt her into it.
Get a flavor that you know she'll like, and vape that when she's with you.
And then just leave the vape near her, offer her maybe once or twice, but don't force it.
This method worked with two of my friends, who despised vaping and now they have finished all my e liquid and they still won't stop. :p
HTH.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I'm done. I'm here. Looking forward to learning more. Next on my list is RDA's and getting my wife to at least try it.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The wife is going to be a task. Might want to visit vape shops and have her try a few flavors. RDA's will never let you down, the ultimate in taste.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

Reactions: Tonee N

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I'm sorry to hear that, must of been really hard for you & I'm very glad you made the transition from cigarettes to vaping.
I'm not a big fan of the baby beast but hey it keeps you off smokes so that doesn't matter.
RDAS are great for sure, I don't build just yet but I have tried them & you won't regret it! That mod looks very nice & is certainly a big step up from the istick :)
My newest addition is a Tesla nano 120 Steampunk edition...

Does your new mod by any chance take the 20700 batteries or is it just 18650s. I can't think which one it is takes the 20 700s.
Anyway! Enjoy :D & Keep Up the Good work.

J.P. Ambrutis

Jun 10, 2017
Thanks man, the PD270 is made for dual 20700 batteries BUT, it comes with this brilliant silicone skin with gold contacts for 18650 batteries. Since I already had that size battery, I ordered it online without batteries for about 60 bucks.

20700 batteries are on the shopping list, though.

Also, love the Baby Beast, but eventually, its going to be on the eLeaf. That silly little 40 watt unit I got for free fires every coil for BB, no matter what Smok says. And it looks good on it. So it's a decent backup, or tool to lend to the curious smokers.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Thanks man, the PD270 is made for dual 20700 batteries BUT, it comes with this brilliant silicone skin with gold contacts for 18650 batteries. Since I already had that size battery, I ordered it online without batteries for about 60 bucks.

20700 batteries are on the shopping list, though.

Also, love the Baby Beast, but eventually, its going to be on the eLeaf. That silly little 40 watt unit I got for free fires every coil for BB, no matter what Smok says. And it looks good on it. So it's a decent backup, or tool to lend to the curious smokers.
Dual 20700s, wow that sounds like good battery life! Let me know how you get on! And it's personal preference, I prefer the cleito for sub ohm

Reactions: Tonee N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread