I need an explanation of the basic types of cartos, attys, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
I'm sure the information I'm looking for is somewhere on the board, but I can't find it. I'm looking for basic explanations of the different types of alternatives to the clearomizers my itastevv came with. I have seen lots of information about which people like, but nowhere a comprehensive description and/or comparison of the various alternatives I have. I have a few Kanger minis, I've used a simple dripper, which I love, and the plain Boge cartos, which are good too. The carto tanks sound interesting, and I don't know how the RBAs differ from the disposable ones. Thanks (and Katya, if you see this, I did just get one of the drippers you recommended).

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
There really isn't one place to go for all that information. Many have tried, but things change so fast in the vaping world, that any attempt at compilation becomes obsolete in a manner of months if not weeks. :D

You might like Bad's blog--but it's not comprehensive, just an overview.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-carto-tank-what-guide-juice-attachments.html

If you need more information about a specific topper, I suggest you visit our device-specific subforums and start a thread there--or join a thread that already exists.

For example, I wanted some information about Kayfuns, so I went to the RBA subforum and found three long threads about different kayfuns--the black edition thread, the Kayfun Lite thread and the 91% Russian thread--there are many others. And just started reading.

Model Specific Discussion and Assorted PV Topics are two good ones.

I love Kanger T3S minis (and the T3S regular); ProTanks 2 and Aero are good too. If you like cartomizers, you may like carto tanks--I find them too fiddly myself. RBAs are a whole different kettle of fish--I'm watching them like a hawk, but I'm still just watching.

Another place to find good information and tutorials is YouTube--almost every device, battery and topper, has been reviewed and taken apart in front of a camera. I like PBusardo, Grimm, Todd, Andrew.

Google helps too--just Google the name of your device and the word review--you'll find hundreds of pages. :facepalm:

Good luck!

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
My experience with anything other than Rebuildables it pretty outdated, but I loved my Carto Tanks. They do have some issues though, so you'll have to do the leg work to find one that will work for you, if that were the route you wanted to go.

A carto tank is basically a carto with a hole or two in the casing that allows the liquid in the tank to feed into the filler material. Then the filler material feeds the wick, think of it as an expanded juice reservoir for your carto. They work pretty well, unless you apply too much suction, then they flood, and when they flood it's usually pretty bad. But if you don't have enough suction, you'll get some dry hits. Also, since most of them are sealed on the ends with O-rings, if you grab the device wrong, they have a chance of coming off.

I was in a restaurant with my girl and I was adjusting my PV in my pocket....top of the carto tank came off and Woosh! 5ml of liquid all over my pocket. That was lovely. I think they make threaded tanks now though...I'm not really sure.

Like Katya said, Rebuildables are in their own catergory. They have a steep learning curve, so, unless you're ready to learn about a little electrical theory, and handle wick/wire, I'd steer clear. They're fairly intimidating to start, and you'll make mistakes when you're learning to build them. Every new RBA that I get, I spend at least a week learning how it likes to be coiled.

Cheers!
-X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread