I need organic, VG, no alcohol DIY flavorings regardless of price - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odysseus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
N Topsail Beach, NC
No Natures Flavors. They don't work for me. LorAnnes naturals are week and could be vaped straight out of the bottle. I am disgusted at the amount of flavorings I have poured down the drain as well as the multitude of vendors that repackage flavorings from the major manufacturers without notification.

There are only a few ejuice vendors that I can't tell where they get their flavorings from. I know I'm missing something. I am done experimenting and know what few flavors I want. I simply can't afford to continue paying $16-18 for a 30ml bottle of premixed juice. I know these organic alcohol free flavorings are out there. I just can't seem to find them.

Someone please help. PM me if you don't want to share it with the world.

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
No Natures Flavors. They don't work for me. LorAnnes naturals are week and could be vaped straight out of the bottle. I am disgusted at the amount of flavorings I have poured down the drain as well as the multitude of vendors that repackage flavorings from the major manufacturers without notification.

There are only a few ejuice vendors that I can't tell where they get their flavorings from. I know I'm missing something. I am done experimenting and know what few flavors I want. I simply can't afford to continue paying $16-18 for a 30ml bottle of premixed juice. I know these organic alcohol free flavorings are out there. I just can't seem to find them.

Nature's Flavours are going to be about like anyone else in that industry. You may find professional flavors elsewhere, but very few, if any, are going to sell to the general public and anything less than quarts or gallons. So if not alcohol, what would you add as a base, or preservative for "organic" flavors? Natural flavors only reduce into a concentration so far before they become something else, flavor wise.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
I think the hard part is going to be finding many with no alcohol. When people do traditional extractions they are done in alcohol much of the time and even flavors extracted by pressure would likely get some alcohol to add some sort of shelf life to the organics. Your best bet is to look into doing some vg only extractions yourself. But that may limit your flavor choices a fair bit honestly. Not sure what sort of luck people have had with vg only fruit extracts due to the potential for sugars from the fruits.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I think SouthernBliss has the key. VG has a fairly low absorption capacity and organics will have no protection from spoilage. It seems your best bet is doing your own extractions. There are a few vendors doing their own extractions.

(I've always wondered how they keep things consistent from batch to batch, but since I don't vape vendor juice I wouldn't know if they did. I would think that it would require a methodical approach though.)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Extractions w/out alcohol or PG are going to be tough to find.

You might want to check with Ahlusions as they do make their own flavorings and also sell them. A lot of people don't know this.

YOu might could ask which ones are not made w/grain alcohol, if any. They are clean and organic that much I can tell you.

sachavaca

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
west coast
virgin vapors had some that was alcohol free, They dont sell flavoring but do mention

The Absolute line uses the same U.S.A. extracted nicotine found in the Virgin Vapor line but a different line of flavorings that do not contain any alcohol.

All of our ingredients are made in the U.S.A. with the exception of the flavorings for our Absolute line which are made in the European Union and certified organic by E.U. organic standards.

If you would prefer an alcohol-free e-liquid, please order from our Absolute line.

I dont think even if you find the source that it will be affordable.
good luck on your search.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
I bet your right. More than "two tea bags and a VG to cover". Possibly by weight on all the components and more controlled room temperatures.

Spot on. The first 5-10 extractions I've done were through 'guess work'. While most tasted great, I have no clue as to how to precisely duplicate the extractions. From now on I will be working via weight of dehydrated material and volume of VG to create a repeatable result. I assume vendors who house their own extractions do the same.

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La
virgin vapors had some that was alcohol free, They dont sell flavoring but do mention

The Absolute line uses the same U.S.A. extracted nicotine found in the Virgin Vapor line but a different line of flavorings that do not contain any alcohol.

All of our ingredients are made in the U.S.A. with the exception of the flavorings for our Absolute line which are made in the European Union and certified organic by E.U. organic standards.

If you would prefer an alcohol-free e-liquid, please order from our Absolute line.

I dont think even if you find the source that it will be affordable.
good luck on your search.

Doesn't some of the organic line from Nature's Flavors use just VG? I know that a lot of them have VG and Alcohol but check that out. I haven't used there line yet but plan to unless someone tells me they are good.

holy_handgrenade

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I'm not sure why you're asking for this, but I'm not sure you'll generally like the answer. The alcohol is an extraction base that is almost required to obtain any real flavor out of the original material. The alcohol attracts and bonds the esthers which comprise the "flavor". The only way off the top of my head to get around that is to leave the cap off your extract and let the alcohol evaporate, re-fill with distilled water and voilla, alcohol free flavorings.

Unless you make your own somehow, as some have suggested with VG as the extraction, you will find this is much more costly because you need much more of the original material to get a decent flavor extract out of the deal. There's kinda a reason the alcohol is used - pg is more of a preservative and additive after the fact.

BTW: This is coming from a culinary background and studying food and flavor science for the past 5 years.

From what I've read over the past few weeks, many if not all, flavors that are pg or vg based are generally diluted flavors where pg or vg is the dilution agent, and not a proper concentrated extract.

ErrrMee

Mar 31, 2013
Rochester, NY USA

Electronic Cigarettes | E Liquid | E-Cigs | ABSolute Vapors
Check them out, it is a man and his wife and I know for sure they can do 100% VG you will have to ask them about all the other. Prices are great too, 18ml under $8.00 and the Blackberry sample they sent for free on an order that was less than $15.00 was the best ever!!

Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread