alcohol in ejuice flavoring diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

call me Fresh

Nov 20, 2015
Hey all, im making my own ejuice, and am trying to stay away from custard notes and diketones, for a healthier safer ejuice. I have 4 flavorings with alc. Listed on the ingrediants on the bottle, along side vg ,water, nat.& art. Flavoring. The three capella flavors are, juicy lemon, juicy peach, and green apple. they all list alc. The forth flavor is TFA strawberry it has ethyl. Alc. Listed. Is alcohol in flavorings generally considered among vapers and diy ejuice makers safe to vape? Can it be steeped out of ejuice ? And does anybody know the best method/time limit to do so ? Ive removed the caps from the 4 bottles and let them sit for the last 36 hours or so and 2 of the bottles look as if about 1ml of liquid is missing. Is this the alcohol being evaporated? Any advice from juice mixers would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks everyone !

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
When you buy flavors, look for things that say "DX" or V2. This usually means it has been reformulated to remove the diketones.

Yes, although TFA's Vanilla Swirl is also diketone-free, but the name doesn't show that -- it's actually their Vanilla Custard flavor with the diketones removed. So it's more vanilla that custard.. but if you add a little DX Bavarian, it gives it more of that custardy-type richness.

Andria

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

call me Fresh

Nov 20, 2015
Thanks for the advice guys, i actually picked up some dx bavarian cream for just that reason, flavor Art has a diketone free butterscotch flavor as well. From what ive gathered capellas v2 line (diketone free) used butyric acid in place of the diketones and dosent sound much better to me. Dont quote me on that. About the alc in the flavoring i figured i could just steep it out of the flavoring 100% to make it more conveniant. Does steeping for a day or two really fully remove alc from a mixed bottle of juice ?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks for the advice guys, i actually picked up some dx bavarian cream for just that reason, flavor Art has a diketone free butterscotch flavor as well. From what ive gathered capellas v2 line (diketone free) used butyric acid in place of the diketones and dosent sound much better to me. Dont quote me on that. About the alc in the flavoring i figured i could just steep it out of the flavoring 100% to make it more conveniant. Does steeping for a day or two really fully remove alc from a mixed bottle of juice ?

Capella's vanilla custard v2 is horrible, it just screams ARTIFICIAL! in foot-high neon. The TFA Vanilla Swirl is MUCH!!! better. Nice and sweet vanilla, no diketones.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread