I replaced my Woodvil buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiwatt Bob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Apple Valley, MN
i know Rob advises against it, but I replaced my woodvil buttons with aluminum. all except for one, it just looks to pimped out with the brass afc on the rm7.

3C5EA6FB-FCB8-4F72-9F31-3838D2463119_zpscncskff7.jpg

Hiwatt Bob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Apple Valley, MN
got em from Rob.

really nothing special with the procedure. 3 of them came off kind of easily just using my fingernails to pull them off. the other 2 were a little more stuck on there and I had to use my teeth.

on one, it was a little tough to press the new button on--didn't want to force it too much. so I took off the pos contact and wedged a piece of plastic behind the button and tapped on the button with the soft handle of a screwdriver. all good.

again, I take no responsibility if you wreck your woodvil trying to do this.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Hilarious! So Rob was just kidding when he said we'd have to send them in to have a different button cover?!

dd04963f652c830b37fdeab010ad3591.jpg

I guess so...

I don't believe Rob was kidding about it.
More like trying to protect people from harming their mod. Not everyone has the common sense to think it through if they have one that is a little difficult. Their fist instinct would be to pound on it and damage the firing mechanism.

There is a reason he refers to us as hooples, because we keep his repair bench quite full.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
More like trying to protect people from harming their mod. Not everyone has the common sense to think it through if they have one that is a little difficult. Their fist instinct would be to pound on it and damage the firing mechanism.

There is a reason he refers to us as hooples, because we keep his repair bench quite full.
You're probably right. Mine just popped right off, so I didn't worry about it. But I bet it's not a good idea to go trying to wrench it off with pliers or something.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

From Robert E. O'Neil:
My advice is to stay away from the button covers unless your really mechanically inclined . I am happy to switch them out for people if they wanted another color

I will be honest I don't want people messing with the buttons . If there is a problem I am happy to service the mod. So far no one has come out and said my mods button is not locking or my mods not firing . I made the mod so you can replace the contacts . I didn't design the button for everyday folks to be taking them apart . I no some will and some wont have any problems doing so . Some will mess with it and off to robs shop there mods will go .

As far as the mods push button auto locking mine has never locked unless I did it myself . All my guys have used these same mods and theirs haven't . I tested these mods heavily before I released them

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
less then 2 weeks and the newest and greatest mod has been modded...

truly fascinating and impressive.

It is impressive. Makes ya wonder; if all the Woodvils were built with silver buttons, would everybody be changing them to brass?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Roscoe- look up Apex BF Customs on the Modder/Accessories Supplier Forum
Thanks for this info, I looked them up and have three new buttons on their way to me now, one of them with little gears inside :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread