I was excited.. and then..

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by BabyCrusher, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BabyCrusher

BabyCrusher Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So I purchased a REO from someone on the forum and was excited to join the ranks.

How ever aside from receiving an INSANELY dirty REO this little problem also presented itself when I removed the door and took a look inside
    20140113_134046.jpg

So uh... how do I repair this?

2. Angi2299

Angi2299 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

3. yaypudding

yaypudding Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

you're gonna need a rebuild kit, or you can send it in to rob and he'll get you setup.

Sorry for the let down, they should have mentioned this in the ad.

edit:so close

4. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you don't see a contact point when you press the button there is a problem.

This might be parts to a rebuild kit though.

My opinion is you need to send it to Robert the owner and maker of the REO and have it checked out and fixed.

That looks like the center post in the connector has snapped and the firing contact is off.

You could try yourself with a rebuild kit, but I recommend a trip to Robert.

Robert O'Neil
    120 Ida Jim Rd
    Alfred, Maine

Include your name and address and the problem. Remove any juice from the bottle.

5. BabyCrusher

I just bought a rebuild kit. I'll send it off to Rob if I feel the need. Would have been great to have known there was an issue because I just got a package from Rob today -_-

6. Justice

Justice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
    I do hope if the add showed a working Reo and u didn't get it as such you leave negative feedback. Just be sure that's the case :). Good luck with it all.

7. BabyCrusher

Seller is being a boss and reimbursing the repair kit cost

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    GREAT!! That's the way it should be. But....it's too bad you're not able to vape it out of the box. Oh, well.....

9. ancient puffer

ancient puffer EX PV Collector Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find it unethical and immoral to sell something that isn't working and not mention it? And that's aside from the overall condition it was sent to you in (insanely dirty). I'm so very sorry this person took advantage of your good natured trust.

10. Matthee

Matthee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That is a huge let down. Hope you get it right. Please keep us updated.

11. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

It is a good idea to clean your REO also. You can soak it in water with dish soap. Take the bottle off and let the water go up through the connector. You can also remove the o-ring in the cap to clean.

12. PayleRyder

PayleRyder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

A thousand times, yes! The last classies purchase I made was for my white whale.. A mini Woodvil in walnut/zebra to match a regular Woodvil I have. Upon arrival, I found a mess.. Including the negative wire completely missing from the switch. (Not unattached.. missing).

After a quick trip to Maine for the little guy, Robert hooked me up.

Needless to say, my last classies purchase will most likely be my last classies purchase.

13. duby1622

duby1622 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Watch rob's video on rebuilding the reo. I received my reo from the classifieds not working as well (was aware of one of the issues when purchased), and rebuilt the whole thing in around 20 minutes.

I am not mechanically inclined at all....not even a little, and the rebuild was a snap. From what i hear Rob will fix it and send it back to you working as if it was brand new, but do not be scared of a rebuild yourself.

14. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Personally I would never buy a used mod unless I new the person was honest and clean . I get mods in the shop all the time people trying to save a few bucks so they buy a used mods . Only to end up spending full price for a used and abused mod

15. thinkingaboutit

thinkingaboutit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have with lots of pics, and even then it has to be cheap enough that with a rebuild I come in more than a few dollars less than new. I've also gotten really lucky compared to stories I hear. One I saw...new door, so it looked great in one pic. When I got more, it had obviously been the gravel road tester.

16. AmandaD

AmandaD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, much as I love mine simply because it's my first Reo, it wouldn't have been very much more to get a new, clean one with the extra parts they come with. It arrived not only dirty but with a partially filled bottle of juice - I mean, really? But it introduced me to Reoville, and for that I'm grateful. And I'm in love with my brand new RM2:D

17. azzaman

azzaman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Unless it's out of production or the savings are good, it's better to support the maker directly and buy new.

18. AmandaD

AmandaD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree - however, it has to be good for him to have the demand of a used market (at such a high price too)- word gets around, people eventually come to him for another one, etc., etc!

19. azzaman

azzaman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well said, and that's a good point.

20. BabyCrusher

Well rob you see...I'm waiting for a woody ^_^ figured I need a practice mate so I know how to treat it right ^_^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.