ICR10440 (eCigar) batteries vs 801 batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Hey everyone I just wanted to get some opinions on this subject. I have a JS and am looking for those elusive ICR10440 batteries from a vendor here in the states. But I wanted to see from others experiences do they last longer (both in run time and in life span) than the standard DSE801 batteries? I know the mAh rating on the standard ones is lower, but I have never used one so I do not know. For some background on this, I got my JS 5 months ago and in the time both the ICR10440 batteries have pretty much died. By that I mean on a full charge I get about 4 puffs before the performance drops significantly and I have to recharge or it feels like I am just breathing flavored air. I love my JS, but the now lack of portability away from some form of power source is getting a little old.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
ok mate,i will.;)

the problem with the 10440 batteries-at least the ones ive tried-is that they drop in power pretty quickly...pretty much like a normal 801 battery.so the extra mah doesnt really help out much when the vapor is already getting too weak to enjoy.

i dont see that much difference in the length of time i can vape satisfactorily with a JS and a normal penstyle battery.

and certainly not at the outlandish lengths of time i hear on the forum.
5+ hours?give me a break.i vape constantly,and without the passthrough,im lucky to get 2 hours of decent vaping from a new 10440-and i mean lucky.

jedrojam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Central USA
I've had my Janty Stick for a couple months now. I bought some 10440 300mAh batteries via Ebay that work better for me than the OEM Stick batteries. I get about 1.5 - 2 times more vape time off the 10440s than I do with a stock 801 battery. These are still small batteries and don't maintain their optimum voltage very long.

MadVapes has some protected 10440s in stock listed at 500 mAh. MadVapes LLC

Good luck!

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I may have to order a couple of those 500mAh ones. I highly doubt they are actually 500mAh, but I would be willing to test them. Kinda pricey though... I can get the 320mAh protected ones from Janty for 3.20 a piece. Oh well, I think I may have a Kenisngton on the way as a Holiday gift. If so... getting more 10440's might be a mute point. Although, there is the the issue of once the 10440 batt goes completely dead I wont get 3.7v coming in... the downside to having an inline battery design. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread